• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

Does anyone have any pictures of the Secret Path that used to exist in Animal Kingdom? It was between Asia and Africa--kind of where the horrible smoking area used to be. I can't find any of my pictures that really do it justice. You used to be able to go back through some bushes , there was a small waterfall and then there were stepping stones through a little stream. This was probably in the early 2000's. My kids loved playing in the stream as we were usually the only ones back there.

Does anyone have any pictures of the Secret Path that used to exist in Animal Kingdom? It was between Asia and Africa--kind of where the horrible smoking area used to be. I can't find any of my pictures that really do it justice. You used to be able to go back through some bushes , there was a small waterfall and then there were stepping stones through a little stream. This was probably in the early 2000's. My kids loved playing in the stream as we were usually the only ones back there.
Sorry, no pictures but I remember the path well. Sad that it no longer exists.

I would love to hear from others who experienced Halloween at Disney in the 80's before it became "Not So Scary". These are from 1986. The werwolf is holding a rubber mouse and dangling it in front of my friend's mom. Frankenstein not only lurked around outside HM, he followed guests inside the ride too. I will never forget that ride! I kept waiting for him to pop out along the route and scare me. As I excited, he was hiding behind one of the concrete pillars. I didn't see him and he followed behind me, putting his hand on my shoulder. My dad said the blood drained from my face. I recall there was also a scarecrow standing absolutely still behind a fence that you would swear he wasn't alive. But, he was!
Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 6.10.46 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 6.11.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 6.11.42 PM.png

I actually have no idea when this was taken, but I found this going through my aunt's pictures (she passed away last week and no one seems to remember when the trip was-- looks early to mid 80's to me-- way before I was born!). Anyway, I love seeing everyone's old pictures and this one-- it just looks like it even felt different back then-- and I just can't get over the adorable character interaction in this picture :)

View attachment 80546

I love this picture! So sorry to hear that she has passed. Here they are with my mom and brother:) My mom has been gone for a year now and I love looking at our pictures from Disney. It was our place:)

Disney was a magical place in the 1980's. If only I had a time machine.....Screen Shot 2015-03-03 at 6.16.28 PM.png

All my pics are at my mom's house, but what I remember most is using tickets for each ride.
My dad always gave our extra away at the end of the day to the family he came across that
had the most kids with them :)

I really need to find my old pictures but I think most of my stuff has been covered already. However, I found this picture online - I always preferred these Mickey ice cream bars over the ones they have now. With the whole thing dipped in chocolate, it makes it so much harder to eat! LOL

mickey-bar.png

Though they are a little creepier-looking...lol.

Those were the best. When I started going to Disney again as an adult I was so sad that they changed the mickey bar to the current Klondike Mickey head bar thing.

I made a post about this a while ago and some people thought I was mistaken and was thinking about the ice cream truck or something.

But what's the GP?
Sorry! I read your reply and thought "GP? Who said GP?" Ha! I did. Typo. Grand Floridian (GF). Me + iPad might type pretty someday. ;)

They had beautiful gingerbread houses on display this past Xmas that kind of put this little Liberty Square one to shame.

You guys are making me want to dig out the old family album. :lovestruc I *know* I have some stuff in there. Now where is that box in the shed.... :scratchin

Sorry! I read your reply and thought "GP? Who said GP?" Ha! I did. Typo. Grand Floridian (GF). Me + iPad might type pretty someday. ;)

They had beautiful gingerbread houses on display this past Xmas that kind of put this little Liberty Square one to shame.

Yeah, I figured you meant GF, but I just wanted to make sure. ;) But GF only has one gingerbread house, and they have a lot more room to build one than Liberty Inn does, so it makes sense that it would be bigger.

Birthday Celebrations - Was very disappointed that there was minimal done for the 40th! Pictures from 10th in 1982, 15th in 1987, and 20th in 1992. My family still sings that 15 years parade song every once in a while when reminiscing..."15 Years, we're having a party at Walt Disney World. A party all year long..."
82 May (15).jpg 87 (2).jpg 92 2.jpg 92 (15).jpg

Last edited:
Someone requested pictures of roaming characters and here is one. Those were the days where you got lots of other people in the pictures besides those you wanted! This was 1983. It just misses getting Pooh in the picture with that special honey pot hat. It looks like Tigger's costume has changed the least.
83 Spring (58).jpg

Anybody seen Robin Hood lately? This was during the parade in 1982.
82 May (7).jpg

Is Pluto sporting a mustache?! Also from 1982 parade.
82 May (2).jpg

Anybody remember the character bus that went around the World Showcase? Picture from 1992.
92 (47).jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter