Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

Not at all in the last four years we've done it. I could be wrong, but I think I read that sometimes it works, sometimes not, but it's been scaled way back from what it was?

Dan

It worked in December and May last year. I've never been on it when it didn't work. Just lucky I guess. Or maybe it used to be much more jarring and I just don't remember. But every time I think that it is the scariest thing in all of WDW for younger kids, because the whole attraction for the most part is presented to be much more real than any other ride.

One thing I notice in a lot of the old photos is the amount of room people had to walk through the parks. I don't see strollers all over the place.
In the seventies and eighties there were actually times when few people went. The first time that we went (September of 1977) there were no lines at all. We walked on to everything!

I can't tell you a street name, but it is inside the gates on the side that faces the Fox Theatre....I think. We were there for the 30th anniversary of 1984 team night last June and I saw it then.
Daisyx3

That's the main gate on Woodward. The big Tiger is outside and Harwell statue inside. i'll take a peek if I make it to a game this year :) Heck I'll take a picture and try to post it here since it technically qualifies for this thread lol

I remember we went spring break 2010, the year my oldest graduated. We went over to MK after dinner and she heard the spectromagic music and RAN into the square because she just loved that parade. We were sad that was the last time we saw it. I don't mind MSEP but won't kill myself going to see it.
Daisyx3

They did put that on a shirt, and sold it last summer:
View attachment 80027

They've been doing a ton of these retro attraction shirts over the last year or so--I've ordered far too many of them.

I have way too many now too:) I'm just thankful that the latest monorail shirt wasn't to my liking, because already had this one. I bought this one from my laptop while staying at the Polynesian. I was just glad that I happened to look at my email while on vacation. I now have two COP shirts too. I tend to stalk the Disney Store site looking for theses attraction shirts.

Re. Spectromagic... if a you saw MK night time parade in 2013, I'm pretty certain it was MSEP. I think the Spectro floats were decommissioned far before that, and then unfortunately destroyed due to improper storage/maintenance from what I remember reading.

Dan

Yeah I realized that after I posted. The pictures I have are from 2005.

Rescuing "Little Red":

Little%2BRed.jpg

RIP, Little Red.
I used to be a safari guide... So many changes in the last few years, including less "acting" from the guides (and, IMO, less fun). No more Little Red, talking to Wilson Matua, shaky bridge, or chasing poachers. I thought the story added to the magic. :(
I will cry if they take out the music by the elephants!! My favorite part of the trip, as a cast member and a guest!!

not to get too far off track on this great thread, but you can tell how the bridge will behave by the small "traffic light" that you pass on the right of the truck just before you come to the bridge. From what I have surmised, whether its blinking or solid tells the driver whether or not the bridge will rock or just creak. (Unfortunately, I can't recall at the moment whether blinking means rocking or not rocking.)

Correct! The bridge works on a sensor, and if the truck sensor doesn't line up just right, the bridge won't shake. (Safety issue... Truck needs to be perfectly center or else the bridge will just make noise.) ;)

This thread makes me so happy! Cranium Command ("Where do you think you are? DISNEY WORLD!?"), Kitchen Cabaret ("Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit... Chachacha!"), Dreamfinder, the old Diamond Horseshoe with the show (where my Grampa was once Old MacDonald).... We just came back from a trip and this filled all the gaps I was feeling walking around reminiscing even while enjoying what's currently there. I wonder if I can find any pics from the Disney Afternoon shows, or the Duckburg sign from back when Toontown was Mickey's Birthdayland. They're the only things I can think of to contribute if someone doesn't find any first.

You'll like this....

Fantastic!
Thanks for posting.
I have always loved the light parades and never got to see this one. I wish they still had them..

{Hey... Disney. Maybe you can make a new one. They have these "new" things called LEDs. How about it? Please...}

Correct! The bridge works on a sensor, and if the truck sensor doesn't line up just right, the bridge won't shake. (Safety issue... Truck needs to be perfectly center or else the bridge will just make noise.) ;)

Thank you! Well that answers that! I guess we just had questionable drivers every time! :) Having done the Safari each of our last four trips, I was planning to skip it this time. Maybe we'll give it one more try in case we can get the cool bridge effect.

Dan

I actually have no idea when this was taken, but I found this going through my aunt's pictures (she passed away last week and no one seems to remember when the trip was-- looks early to mid 80's to me-- way before I was born!). Anyway, I love seeing everyone's old pictures and this one-- it just looks like it even felt different back then-- and I just can't get over the adorable character interaction in this picture :)

IMG_4262.JPG

I actually have no idea when this was taken, but I found this going through my aunt's pictures (she passed away last week and no one seems to remember when the trip was-- looks early to mid 80's to me-- way before I was born!). Anyway, I love seeing everyone's old pictures and this one-- it just looks like it even felt different back then-- and I just can't get over the adorable character interaction in this picture :)

View attachment 80546

Great!

The time sounds about right. I am still looking for my picture with them back then. It is in my film prints.

Thanks for letting us all share in that found moment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter