Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

The "old school" version of a Fireworks Cruise:

images

East-Win-wdw-news-1972-a.jpg

One of my all time favorites. Look closely and you will see the Mariachi band playing on the Monorail platform. Anyone who stayed at the Contemporary in the early 70's will surely remember them!

tumblr_ng0ueavyCs1s2wio8o6_500.gif

One of my all time favorites. Look closely and you will see the Mariachi band playing on the Monorail platform. Anyone who stayed at the Contemporary in the early 70's will surely remember them!

tumblr_ng0ueavyCs1s2wio8o6_500.gif

We love those guys. My wife and I never miss them when we are at EPCOT. My wife bought me a CD of some of their music.
We found out this last trip that if it is raining they are inside at the shop!

I do not have a photo of this but back in the mid 1980's my dad had a video done at Pleasure Island of him lip synching to Mack The Knife (HIS song hehe). I have a VHS that they gave him in a hard jacket with his picture on it and it says something to the effect of "SUPER STARRRR" and it is pretty awesome! It is super-cheezy 80's footage in the background while he sort of floats around dancing and singing in his black jeans, white tennis sneakers and polo shirt (complete with a popped collar). I need to get that transferred to DVD!!

Up to this point, I have only posted pictures and images of things that I have seen or experienced. But this one I missed. Apparently when "Stitch" opened up in Tomorrowland, they "honored" the occasion by having that wacky alien "T-P" the castle. Did anyone see this?

enhanced-12701-1394745603-7.jpg

Someone requested pictures of roaming characters and here is one. Those were the days where you got lots of other people in the pictures besides those you wanted! This was 1983. It just misses getting Pooh in the picture with that special honey pot hat. It looks like Tigger's costume has changed the least.
View attachment 80647

Anybody seen Robin Hood lately? This was during the parade in 1982.
View attachment 80651

Is Pluto sporting a mustache?! Also from 1982 parade.
View attachment 80652

Anybody remember the character bus that went around the World Showcase? Picture from 1992.
View attachment 80654
Oh @pollyanna30 I well remember that character bus! worked at the Towers in Epcot merch Spring '91 and it stopped there so the characters could "sing" and dance! I could have done all the character moves by the end of my CP as I loved watching it everyday:) That and Illuminations...

A street party. Every. Single. Day. Of. The. Year! Indoors and out.

71d322f0.jpg

43002pi-800.jpg

S7300776.JPG

PI_1989_03.jpg
I may have led a congo line (or 2) up and down PI at "midnight"...and Fireworks had CM "backdoor" entrance (not sure it was more than a bar when I was there?) and the 21 Rum salute. But the Cage was there too. WHY did they ax Adventurers Club????

Oh @pollyanna30 I well remember that character bus! worked at the Towers in Epcot merch Spring '91 and it stopped there so the characters could "sing" and dance! I could have done all the character moves by the end of my CP as I loved watching it everyday:) That and Illuminations...

@ Monykalyn - That is a great memory! Were you also there during the Surprise in the Skies show? I think it was around that same time.

I hope I haven't posted too many pictures! I love seeing everyone else's photos and wanted to add some of my family's to the collection. Great thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter