Pictures of things No Longer Seen at WDW

Sorry Everyone - found two more things.

We can't sit up front with the Monorail Driver any longer.

S4200005.JPG

Miss the Talking Mickey - We have Friends at home always asking us to pick one up for them when we visit WDW.

S4200008.JPG
S4200036.JPG

29pc603.jpg

Rode this in 1998 and loved it! Not sure if we will be doing it at Stitch in August. Although my kids love Stitch, I have only heard bad things about it.

skippy-300x195.jpg

alien-encounter.jpg

This was SO much better than Stitch's Escape. Wish they'd bring it back. Maybe even put it at MGM, or (I hate that I'm saying this) make an Avatar-land equivalent.

I FINALLY got through this whole thread and have to say it's awesome! I think I missed something though. Does anyone have a picture of the "golden key cards"? I remember having them when I stayed at the CR back in the 80s. It was a blue card with a gold key on it which you needed to show to get on the monorail and to get in the parks. I believe it was also used to "pay" for your meals if you had the dining plan of the time.

OMG! I had totally forgotten this. We were there that day! My mom's one and only visit to the Magic Kingdom and this was her view of the castle. We were some of the first folks to ride Stitch that day, and were underwhelmed. Haven't ridden it since.

What, you don't love the "smell" of Stitch belching chili cheese dog?

So this was fun, I got all the way to the end. Even though I come often now (a few times a week, if anybody has any questions to look out for, lemme know) it is neat to see all the transitions.

I can't at the moment locate photos since our move was so recent, but two that I didn't notice specifically mentioned yet:

-Ozone, this cool dude paleontologist dude at Dino Land. Had several groovy visits with that dude! I think there were others but he was our fave! Circa 1998-1999 I think.

-Now for a BIG minus and thank goodness its gone!!!"The Legend of Captain Jack Sparrow" Pirates of the Caribbean ... You can you tube it. It was the only thing my honey and I waited 40 min for after a 6 yr Disney hiatus (was new to us)...what a serious let down!!!!

I was always convinced it was just a facade for something they were doing with the rest of the building, since it was literally just a room with a projection and you were supposed to stomp your feet or something. I'm not sure of the timing, we saw it in 2013, but I wonder if had anything to with the now big Frozen Sing along theater being all done and ready to go... I understand that it also might have been Narnia first. Biggest disappointment in my entire Disney life. Should NEVER have been put on attraction map...

Very very much sad RIP for our beloved never missed Comedy Warehouse and Adv Club, as mentioned.

Also, everyone remember the Spaceship Earth video conferencing and flying a VR butterfly at the end in the future? Guess we caught up, and so we now have very funny cartoons instead. Also hoping that is a distraction or facade for what's coming next.

I miss Pocahontas, wow! Amazing vocals, great lil show, not appreciated enough. But love Avatar. Anyone else see the big structure going up? Noticed it for the first time today in the parking lot. TONS of work in AK. Almost impossible to navigate the skinny construction walled walkways now...

Anyway if anyone had a good time hangin with Ozone, shout out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter