• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pictures of new BCV rooms

Just saw the pictures and frankly, to me the new rooms are disappointing! What happened to the old time Boardwalk theme ? These rooms could be any room any where. BCV is one of our home resorts. I am not happy that my dues paid for something so bland and unimaginative. And where is that big whirlpool ? Not what I would expect from Disney.

So you can sleep 5 in a studio but not in a one bedroom. lol That doesn't make a whole lot of sense but oh well. (Just saying/ I'm not mad)

Maybe DVD wants to make studios more popular than 1 bedrooms? Studios take up less space when building a new resort, (PVB) so they can sell more contracts and make more money.

:earsboy: Bill

Maybe DVD wants to make studios more popular than 1 bedrooms? Studios take up less space when building a new resort, (PVB) so they can sell more contracts and make more money.

:earsboy: Bill

It seems that way. I still think it is a little funny but it is fine by me. We are lucky we are a family of 3 so we easily fit almost anywhere.

So you can sleep 5 in a studio but not in a one bedroom. lol That doesn't make a whole lot of sense but oh well. (Just saying/ I'm not mad)
Remember they are shoe-horning something into the room that it wasn't designed to accommodate. In the case of the 1BR (at least at BWV and VWL) there is no room for a drop down murphy bed in the living area of the 1BR unless they remove half of the kitchen and let's hope they don't opt to do that.

It is so expensive now to buy directly from Disney, it probably helps when they can say to prospective buyers with three kids or two kids of opposite gender that they only need to buy enough points for a studio. And just look at all the places you can stay! There's the Poly, VGF, VWL, BWV and soon BCV! Call me cynical but I don't think adding the murphy beds to the studios at these resorts was done in response to requests from current members (even though we're the ones who had to pay for it). I think it's all about new sales and attracting families who can afford, or who choose to purchase, only enough points for a studio.

So my daughter is obsessed with the designs of the murphy beds. Anyone know what the theme or artwork is on the pull down bed?
:earsboy::earsboy::earsboy::earsboy::earsboy:

Elsewhere it was reported they have removed the window that was between the bathroom and the master bed. And the new tub is just a soaker.

Elsewhere it was reported they have removed the window that was between the bathroom and the master bed. And the new tub is just a soaker.

I actually liked the window, but will be fine without it. However, if the new tub is just a soaker, I will be upset. The jets were a pleasant experience after a long day in the parks. Switching to air jets would have been great, but if it's true they switched to soakers, I will be calling to complain as this will be a downgrade to the room amenities we originally purchased.

Thanks for pointing that out, and there is now another report on the same board. They are saying how nice it is with all the little touches that you can't really see in the pictures, which is good to hear.

I actually liked the window, but will be fine without it. However, if the new tub is just a soaker, I will be upset.

I agree - that would be a shame.

Thanks for pointing that out, and there is now another report on the same board. They are saying how nice it is with all the little touches that you can't really see in the pictures, which is good to hear.

It does sound like they've included the subtle touches which is nice to hear.

And that it definitely is just a soaker tub in the larger suites.

And the new tub is just a soaker.
I was concerned when a photo of that tub was posted here and there were no jets visible. I was hopeful it was at least a tub like the ones in the VGF 1BRs but apparently that's not the case. That is bad news. The whirlpool tubs are one of the reasons we spend the extra points for a 1BR so this is a big disappointment. I'm relieved they didn't change the tubs at BWV and VWL during the recent renovations at those resorts.

It sounds like the ceiling fans are gone too. We use them so much when we're at WDW that we've installed a few here at home.

Semi-OT, but I am totally grossed out by the prospect of taking a bath in a hotel bathtub. I wouldn't mind if they got rid of them entirely.

Semi-OT, but I am totally grossed out by the prospect of taking a bath in a hotel bathtub. I wouldn't mind if they got rid of them entirely.

A hard surface that can be cleaned, but I won't comment on the jets. But that hard surface that can be easily sanitized grosses you out more than a bed, couch or pillows? :eek:

A hard surface that can be cleaned, but I won't comment on the jets. But that hard surface that can be easily sanitized grosses you out more than a bed, couch or pillows? :eek:

Oh, those gross me out too....And the part that concerns me is the "can be" part...I'm not convinced they even clean it not to mention a good scrubbing.

Since I knew some water could remain in the water jets from the previous bath, I would run the tub through a cycle using hot water and some dishwasher soap, then through another cycle as a sort of rinse on our check in day; I was then good to go for our week's stay. If they had put in an air jet tub, it would have been even easier as no water stays in those jets.

Another question - would this be the only DVC without a jetted tub in the 1 and 2 bedroom villas?

Last edited:
Another question - would this be the only DVC without a jetted tub in the 1 and 2 bedroom villas?

Yes. Even Jambo had the jetted tubs just no separate shower stall. I think it's rather an important change to amenities to remove that type of tub.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter