Pictures of new BCV rooms

Did you buy murphy beds? I for one find them to be a big upgrade. We stayed at PVB and LOVED it. There are just 4 of us, but it allowed us 3 different sleeping places in one room.
For me the murphy beds are a downgrade. We travel as a couple and like to unpack on our WDW stays. Removing the dresser and free standing table in the studios and replacing them with a murphy bed and an attached camper-style table is definitely a downgrade.

For me the murphy beds are a downgrade. We travel as a couple and like to unpack on our WDW stays. Removing the dresser and free standing table in the studios and replacing them with a murphy bed and an attached camper-style table is definitely a downgrade.

And that's kinda my point. One persons upgrade is another persons downgrade. There is no way they can please everyone. I think the murphy bed and plain tub are better. Others see them as worse. Neither of us are right or wrong.

Yes, the Murphy beds look like a downgrade to me, as well.

And that's kinda my point. One persons upgrade is another persons downgrade. There is no way they can please everyone. I think the murphy bed and plain tub are better. Others see them as worse. Neither of us are right or wrong.

Having a whirlpool tub is a pretty big deal and it was a big selling point for the units when we toured. Putting in a basic tub takes away from the experience. There's no comparison....With the whirlpool tub you had the option of using it just like a regular tub....just don't turn on the jets.

I guess they could pull out all the furniture, put in cots, folding chairs and paper plates and it would make some people happy.

And that's why I think if they have a question they should trend toward keeping amenities the same. The change from a jetted tub to a soaker will be be big for some. I don't use the jetted but I still think they should have kept it. And I had similar thoughts on the Murphy bed. I did not buy a resort that slept 5 in the studio. Personally, if a change to beds was being done then I would have wanted the queen to change to King and occupancy the same. But I would have expected them to leave the queen, not change even though I would have preferred it. The table under the TV is fairly awful for me and not what I bought. I don't think DVC had any responsibility to the few to change occupancy but rather More to keep the basis the same. The ones they built for 5 were fine as they were sold that way.

Jetted tubs are a breeding ground for bacteria. There is no way to turn a jetted tub into a regular soaker for that reason.

Can't water stand in the pipes?

I don't think so. Rather than water going round through the pipes, air is blown out to create the bubbles. After you drain the bath, it blows more air out to make sure it's dried off. I think, please don't quote me!!

I was actually looking forward to getting these air baths. Never really bothered with the whirlpools - took ages to fill and then you had to avoid the knobbly bits if you just wanted to use it as a normal bath! But these seemed like a good compromise.

I don't think so. Rather than water going round through the pipes, air is blown out to create the bubbles. After you drain the bath, it blows more air out to make sure it's dried off. I think, please don't quote me!!

I was actually looking forward to getting these air baths. Never really bothered with the whirlpools - took ages to fill and then you had to avoid the knobbly bits if you just wanted to use it as a normal bath! But these seemed like a good compromise.

Found this on a Whirpool forum.
Air tubs and water jetted tubs all will have biofilm buildup in the lines. Any surface that comes in contact with water, including the air lines, develop biofilm even though you don’t see it. It’s like the wall of a toilet, it looks clean but you wouldn’t bath in it.

There is a cleaner the lodging industry uses to clean the plumbing lines called Oh Yuk Jetted Tub Cleaner. This will clean both air and water lines. Simply fill the tub up high enough to turn the jets on, let the product circulate according to the directions. Drain, wipe the surface down with a good cleaner and the tub is perfectly clean.

A clean jetted bathtub is as safe to use as a well taken care of pool. A dirty tub on the other hand, very high levels of mold and bacteria in the water.

Air tubs and water jetted tubs all will have biofilm buildup in the lines. Any surface that comes in contact with water, including the air lines, develop biofilm even though you don’t see it. It’s like the wall of a toilet, it looks clean but you wouldn’t bath in it.

There is a cleaner the lodging industry uses to clean the plumbing lines called Oh Yuk Jetted Tub Cleaner. This will clean both air and water lines. Simply fill the tub up high enough to turn the jets on, let the product circulate according to the directions. Drain, wipe the surface down with a good cleaner and the tub is perfectly clean.

A clean jetted bathtub is as safe to use as a well taken care of pool. A dirty tub on the other hand, very high levels of mold and bacteria in the water.

Well, I said I was no expert!! But having used a whirpool bath a few times and lived to tell the tale, I would have been happy for them to keep a similar thing with this new refurb. It certainly won't ruin my holiday, but I do think it's a bit off that they are just taking away what many would consider a big perk of the one and two bedroom villas.

I have a feeling that has been done exactly zero times at WDW.

Did you buy murphy beds? I for one find them to be a big upgrade. We stayed at PVB and LOVED it. There are just 4 of us, but it allowed us 3 different sleeping places in one room.
I see them as a serious downgrade because they encourage stuffing the room that wasn't meant to hold that many. DVC has priced themselves out of their intended market, so they had to come up with a way for those who haven't bought in yet can afford to buy.

Everything needs cleaning. The rest of the info depends on the website and who is selling what. ;)

"The other significant difference between whirlpools and air tubs is the maintenance. Both are relatively simple to clean. For a whirlpool, simply add in a cleaning solution (store bought or homemade) and run the jets for a few minutes. However, due to the up and down slope of the pvc hardness around a tub, standing water and bacterial growth can occur. It’s also important to remember to never run a whirlpool unless it is filled. On the other hand, The BainUltra air injection system ensures full drainage and completely dry air channels. The slope of the air channel and strategic location of the air jets ensure optimal drainage. Any surplus water is pushed out of the velocity pockets by air pressure during the drying cycle, which automatically activates 10 minutes after a session. A powerful 90-second burst of air dries out the air channel completely."

The new decor is trendy, but boring, and like much of WDW lately, unimaginative. It feels cold and sterile. Yep, the rooms needed to be refurbed but my hope was for something that would 'wow' us when we walked in. What's wrong with having a few Disney-themed touches?
Taking out something that we paid for (jacuzzi tub) is a downgrade and makes me unhappy. Also, I liked to sit on the side of the tub to put on sunscreen, socks, etc. - now there's no ledge to sit on. I also liked the little top drawers in the bathroom vanity so I could tuck some stuff away without worrying about it falling out of the shelves - so no drawers = another downgrade. That said, electronic safes are upgrades that were long overdue. Not sure how I feel about Murphy beds as we won't be using one - IF we ever go back. :sad1:
Just so 'meh' about Disney lately...

Everything needs cleaning. The rest of the info depends on the website and who is selling what. ;)

"The other significant difference between whirlpools and air tubs is the maintenance. Both are relatively simple to clean. For a whirlpool, simply add in a cleaning solution (store bought or homemade) and run the jets for a few minutes. However, due to the up and down slope of the pvc hardness around a tub, standing water and bacterial growth can occur. It’s also important to remember to never run a whirlpool unless it is filled. On the other hand, The BainUltra air injection system ensures full drainage and completely dry air channels. The slope of the air channel and strategic location of the air jets ensure optimal drainage. Any surplus water is pushed out of the velocity pockets by air pressure during the drying cycle, which automatically activates 10 minutes after a session. A powerful 90-second burst of air dries out the air channel completely."

I have a BainUltra air jet tub at home and it is a dream as far as cleaning goes, which is why I'm even more disappointed by Disney's decision. After walking in the parks all day at WDW, I used the BCV tub almost every night to help sooth my leg muscles and to wind down (of course, I cleaned it on arrival day to get rid of "standing water" in the pipes). It was actually because of how much I liked the effect of the original BCV tubs that I bought the air jet tub for home - bubbles, but with easier cleaning.

This site was not selling anything. That particular product is widely recommended as the go to product for cleaning the tubs. This was a discussion forum on suggestions from owners of the tubs as to what works best for them.

This site was not selling anything. That particular product is widely recommended as the go to product for cleaning the tubs. This was a discussion forum on suggestions from owners of the tubs as to what works best for them.

When I searched that product came up to the forefront. There are ways to do that. It's not beyond thought they would post that on a jetted tub information site also. Not disagreeing that everything needs cleaning but all my research while looking at getting an air jet tub was that it it was different than the water jets.

What is it about this old design that screams "attention to detail" and uniqueness? I'm truly curious to hear specifics. There are no Hidden Mickey's. The walls are bland. The artwork is generic. The patterns and colors are a mishmash.

The rooms weren't designed to capture the feel of some bygone era...they just happen to have fallen 15-20 years out of date. IMO, at best, the previous design looks like Pier 1 Imports circa 1995.

b_800_600_0_10_images_stories_bcv_2b_BCV_T001.JPG

Well Tim, as one who bought these rooms happily back in 2003 I believe it was, at the time we thought they were so unique and everybody couldn't wait to stay in them!

They were considered to be so whimsical and inviting to us new purchasers at that time. I already owned at BWV, which was actually being slammed quite a bit for not being a new OKW, room size was smaller,etc, so when BCV came along with it's 1 minute closer proximity to Epcot and it's unique theme and the fact that it was associated with the Beach Club and people got welcomed by Art and on and on, no one was complaining about this look - they were scrambling to stay there because for it's time, it was what was new and 'in', no matter how many pics you post showing the gaudy details.

Now, up here in 2016, we are a more tightly wound group. The old look doesn't appeal to the generation that is buying up DVC. It needs to be more generic as that is the norm that this generation of buyers are looking for. There is no more 'Disney take me away' vibe - the 'magic' is in getting what you demand as opposed to a magical experience.

It was definitely time to change the look. Even though in 2003, i and others loved it, most of us have moved on.

But what we miss and what we want is not being delivered. That's Disney Imagination. Someone has definitely squashed and trampled that out of existence. Sammie can show us all that sophistication in million dollar beach houses and defend Disney to death, but Sammie can't show us Disney doing anything special that is 'different' or has another vibe than what is in Coastal Living.

There's nothing wrong with the new decor. It's appealing in that it is clean and is the norm in today's expectations for a hotel room, other than furniture that will be shabby and used looking and dirty after the first few spills.

What's wrong is what Kat says - they've missed the mark and gone generic - that's not what we bought - we bought 'special' and expected the trend to stay special as well as updated with the times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter