• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pics of DCL Food

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't happen to have a server named Rishi from India, did you?

We had him as our server in Palo - a very excellent fellow. Apparently he knows Deepak from India who works in the main dining rooms very well. Rishi introduced us to the Iron Chef from India who is the dessert chef on the Magic during our brunch there. He's famous in India for making a 23 feet tall cake if I remember correctly.

umber said:
Exactly a week ago right now I was enjoying a fabulous dinner at Palo, in fact I ordered the filet Mignon (pictured above... absolutely incredible). Our wonderful server informed me that the chef at Palo is an IRON CHEF!!!!!!! He beat Iron Chef Sukai a few years back on the TV show. I'm a huge fan of the show and only dreamed of eating food prepared by an Iron Chef! Ahhhh dreams come true. Our server even brought me ack to the kitchen to have my picture taken with the chef... Absolutely Incredible!!!!

DON'T MISS PALO!!!!!!! pixiedust:

We absolutely loved Palo (and are now addicts) on our most recent cruise. Do you have any idea of the name of the Chef that was on Iron Chef? I was a huge fan of the Japanese version (love all things Japanese) and haven't caught many of the US versions. IMO, it lost some of its appeal going US vs. Japanese. I would love to actually find the episode and watch it with the Chef at Palo now that we've eaten there!

As for the filet, I ordered that on my 1/28 cruise and LOVED it. It was soooo tasty. I took 968 pictures from my cruise and literally took pictures of every meal DH and I ordered, but I wanted to leave my camera out of Palo to fully enjoy the meal and atmosphere. Wish I had taken it now. Next time... ;)

I can't recall the Chef's name (I was too intoxicated with the whole Palo experience) but he won on the original Japanese show (I don't care too much for the American version either). It was the episode where the theme ingredient was Tomato. I believe when he was on the show he had a restaurant in the Philipines.

Does anyone have pictures of the Sugar-free desserts? I'm a diabetic and would love to see what I can ACTUALLY eat (as opposed to drooling over :rotfl: ). TIA :teeth:

OH YUM!! Does anyone else have any other pictures? I would love to see them! **hint hint** Thanks everyone for what has been posted. I have a question, do they have any shrimp dishes for dinner? I think I just saw the seafood with noodles dish...are there any others? TIA! :goodvibes

PS Thanks Cass for those great photos! How awesome...that must have taken forever but what a great site!

iB48AD648-E7D7-4EF2-A4CE-AE1ED8DF0DA5.jpg

i738BC1C1-C198-4A72-AD23-87B9EFEAB718.jpg

iE60F2175-9B5C-476F-A5A7-2224EBD9251D.jpg

This is cruel & unusual punishment! I don't get to cruise until December, how am I possibly going to eat regular old food until then?! :crazy:

bumping up

It will take me a while to decide what I'll be ordering in June!!
Now on to the Stair Master so I'll be ready!! :rotfl2:

34688%3A%3B79%7Ffp345%3Enu%3D324%3A%3E652%3E%3B85%3EWSNRCG%3D32335839%3C6773nu0mrj

Salmon at Animator's Palate (this was the third nite on the Eastern Magic).

34688%3A%3B79%7Ffp343%3Enu%3D324%3A%3E652%3E%3B85%3EWSNRCG%3D3233583%3A32996nu0mrj

Lobster on semi formal night. It tasted better than it looked. The rice was icky but I am not a rice person anyway.

Animators Palate

My appetizer was duck and goat cheese flatbread
34689648%3B%7Ffp345%3Enu%3D3265%3E257%3E8%3A5%3EWSNRCG%3D323365%3B3%3C678%3Anu0mrj

This was DBF's appetizer, stuffed tomato
34689648%3B%7Ffp346%3Enu%3D3265%3E257%3E8%3A5%3EWSNRCG%3D323365%3B3%3C6875nu0mrj

bumping...

All these pics keep me motivated for the fifteen remaining days before we depart on our WDW/DCL vacation. Doesn't help that I'm pregnant and all I can think about this week is food - I should be getting more than my money's worth on the cruise!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter