1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

Pics of DCL Food

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by hAm53, Aug 13, 2005.

1. macphrsn

macphrsn DIS Veteran

Yes, at Topsiders I do recall seeing grits, biscuits and gravy. No answer for the sweet tea.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Canadiancruiser2

Canadiancruiser2 Mouseketeer

:) It's a little Noah's Ark that I think is made from edible fondant, the stuff that wedding cake icing is made of. I think it's for display only, and I don't know what they do with it after the cruise. Maybe they reuse it for the next voyage? That's probably the case since I bet it takes quite some time to create.

The ark looks like it's drooping a bit on that one side so it's probably seen better days!

4. macphrsn

macphrsn DIS Veteran

Here are a couple dessert from the Sweets Buffet on the Western Caribbean - December 03, 2005. They said that there were 93 different dessert that evening. We needed a hour just to take pictures of the beautiful creations.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. candiedoug

candiedoug Earning My Ears

The pictures are awesome. 10 weeks until we are on the Wonder. One question for my DD(16). Do they serve sweet tea?

6. Petenboo04

Petenboo04 Earning My Ears

Does anyone have any pictures of the lunch buffets from the Wonder 4 Night Cruise? Thanks in advance!! :wave2:

7. candiedoug

Miss the pictures of the food. Only 7 weeks until we are on the Wonder for our first cruise.:Pinkbounc

8. kdsluvdisney

kdsluvdisney <font color=green>Wow! The things I learn on the D

I LOVE IT! First I never thought of taking pics of my food until I starting reading this. I will now!!! :worship: I always try to describe the food to people. Such a GREAT idea! My family couldn't believe I could take so many pics -- wait until they see me now!!!!

9. disneylover5

disneylover5 <font color=blue>I am ready to go now as well<br><

10. disneylover5

disneylover5 <font color=blue>I am ready to go now as well<br><

11. Timon

Timon DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I posted 142 photos of food from our cruise on my website.

You can check them out HERE

12. DIS NURSE

DIS NURSE DIS Veteran

Great pictures!

WOW! Did you guys really eat all of those plates full of food over 7 days? I would have gained about 15 pounds if I did that! :scared:

Did you guys gain weight? :confused3
    I seriously could not possibly digest all of that without the majority of it going to my hips and butt. :mad:

13. Timon

Timon DIS Lifetime Sponsor

LOL, well there were 4 of us at the table every night and yes, we ate just about all of it! Well, I only finished one meal completely (tenderloin on pirate night) but hubby ate 2-3 main courses every single night!

We did a lot of stairs and I ended up losing weight and hubby gained 2-3 pounds :scratchin

Here's hubby after dinner on formal night after eating two and a half entrees!! This is the first time in TEN years he has ever said he was actually FULL!! It was so funny, his belly was sticking out :lmao:

[​IMG]

14. candiedoug

Thank you Cass. The pictures are awesome. :banana:

15. GoofyFD

GoofyFD <font color=purple>I'm the wretch the song talks a

Yummyyyyyy :thumbsup2

16. dlf246

dlf246 Mouseketeer

Cass (Timon) So good to hear from you. I loved your thread on the cruise (and hope your next cruise is soon and without any illness).

the food pics are great. In order to copy for wallpaper, do you know if there is a trick for copying and pasting?

17. Petenboo04

Petenboo04 Earning My Ears

Thanks Timon!! The pictures are great. With less than 100 days to go, I am really excited!! So many interesting new foods to try and only four days to do it in! LOL

18. MoiraRD

MoiraRD Loves all things Disney!

I think I know what I am getting at Palo next week!! :worship: Yummy!!

19. goin2disneyagain

goin2disneyagain <font color=FF00CC>AKL- A WILD place to visit!<br>

The birthday cake that was presented to my nephew during dinner to celebrate his 4th birthday on our May 2004 cruise.

[​IMG]

20. goin2disneyagain

goin2disneyagain <font color=FF00CC>AKL- A WILD place to visit!<br>

That does look REALLY good!!! :thumbsup2

21. umber

umber I'm sea-sick as soon as I leave the Magic!

Exactly a week ago right now I was enjoying a fabulous dinner at Palo, in fact I ordered the filet Mignon (pictured above... absolutely incredible). Our wonderful server informed me that the chef at Palo is an IRON CHEF!!!!!!! He beat Iron Chef Sukai a few years back on the TV show. I'm a huge fan of the show and only dreamed of eating food prepared by an Iron Chef! Ahhhh dreams come true. Our server even brought me ack to the kitchen to have my picture taken with the chef... Absolutely Incredible!!!!

DON'T MISS PALO!!!!!!! pixiedust: