Pics of DCL Food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to say that not only was this item the best thing I ate on the Fantasy, it's the best thing I ever ate, period. Just get it.

DH and I usually order two of these because we love them so much. It really is one of the best things I have ever had to eat.

I do photography as well. How are places like Palo and Remy when it comes to shooting food with a DSLR and flash? I'd love to bring mine in but would it not disrupt others if I shoot pics of my food? Great pics, btw.

Thank you. I don't know if I can give you a good answer since we were in the wine room at Remy with a party of six and the private room at Palo with 14 of us so I was quite isolated from the rest of the guests. Both rooms were excellent for flash (Remy better than Palo) as far as bouncing flash off the ceiling and white balance. I saw a lot of people taking pictures in both restaurants and I only take one shot of as many dishes as I could.

Thanks so much for the info, much appreciated! :) My wife & I will be on the Disney Fantasy this Dec. and plan on taking plenty of food photographs!

I'll stick with the 50mm for photographing food, agreed...definitely the sharpest of the lenses I currently own. Unfortunately, I don't own an external flash...is this necessarily to achieve similar photographs? Should I use slightly different settings when not using an external flash?

If you can't use a bounce flash I would definitely use the 50 f/1.8 and crank up the ISO as high as you camera will go. It will depend on how much available light but you can get many good pictures. I shot with a 30mm f/1.4 for my first trip to WDW before I learned how to use a flash and was able to get many good pictures. This would be much better than any picture you take with the built in flash on your camera. You have a very narrow depth of field so choose your focus point well. Using an on camera flash (attached to the camera and bounced) will obviously get much better results at a higher f-stop.

Just want to say that not only was this item the best thing I ate on the Fantasy, it's the best thing I ever ate, period. Just get it.

It was really increadable :cool2:

Osso Buco
Slow roasted center cut Veal Shank with Gremolata and Risotto Milanese
Palo

Palo-Dinner-14-of-24-L.jpg

Hi NJGuy, I'm a portrait photographer not a food photographer but the rules are the same however. The idea being it's always better to get the flash higher or off camera than where the manufacturer places them. In your case however, I would suggest you use a filter/diffuser for your on camera flash if you can't or don't have an off camera flash just yet. Just my 2 cents. Enjoy your cruise! I'll take my first cruise on the Magic 9/12/12 to Canada.

Thanks for your input...I have seen flash diffusers for built-in flashes and will consider one of those. Actually, I read a photogrpahy magazie article that showed how to make your own diffuser...I'll try that.
Enjoy your cruise as well, this is my second Disney cruise, first was aboard the Dream and was excellent. You'll have a great time and eat delicious meals! :)

If you can't use a bounce flash I would definitely use the 50 f/1.8 and crank up the ISO as high as you camera will go. It will depend on how much available light but you can get many good pictures. I shot with a 30mm f/1.4 for my first trip to WDW before I learned how to use a flash and was able to get many good pictures. This would be much better than any picture you take with the built in flash on your camera. You have a very narrow depth of field so choose your focus point well. Using an on camera flash (attached to the camera and bounced) will obviously get much better results at a higher f-stop.

I believe my camera's iso expands uo tp 12800. I'll practice using my 50mm with high iso, by shooting food at home with some of the delicious meals my wife creates! Thanks again for the info...will help with my food photography! :thumbsup2

I love that I am getting both my food geek on AND some camera geekery at the same time. *geeky squee*

GoofyontheHiSeas said:
Osso Buco
Slow roasted center cut Veal Shank with Gremolata and Risotto Milanese
Palo

no offense but gross is that a bone with a spoon in it or do I need to get my eyes checked.

I am thankful for all the pics it helps me see what I may want to try and what I want to stay away from

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note using DISBoards

rosermama said:
no offense but gross is that a bone with a spoon in it or do I need to get my eyes checked.

I am thankful for all the pics it helps me see what I may want to try and what I want to stay away from

Yes it is likely to eat the marrow. Marrow is highly flavorful and some people literally "suck the marrow out"!

Clotho said:
Yes it is likely to eat the marrow. Marrow is highly flavorful and some people literally "suck the marrow out"!

Probably something DH will want to order once I show him the pic

My DW loves Osso Buco but does not partake in the bone marrow. It is considered a delicacy by some.

Fagotti di Petto di Pollo con Ricotta e Basilico
Baked Chicken Breast filled with Ricotta, Basil, and Red Peppers served with Pinot Grigio Reduction. Palo
Palo-Dinner-13-of-24-L.jpg

Tahitian Vanilla Crème Brûlée
With Almond Biscotti
Royal Palace Fantasy

June-25-pm-16-of-23-L.jpg
I had a version of this on the Dream (it was served with a macaroon instead).

And I agree with the other posters - your food photos are amazing! Job well done & I love looking at them. Thanks for sharing.

Robin

I know it's only a drink, but come on.........admit it. It looks good and you want to be there right now.
DSC04958.jpg
[/IMG]

I had a version of this on the Dream (it was served with a macaroon instead).

And I agree with the other posters - your food photos are amazing! Job well done & I love looking at them. Thanks for sharing.

Robin

Thank you.

White Chocolate Cheesecake

DSC0019-L.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter