Phrases you hate

"No problem" instead of "You're welcome". I hate this!!
I've noticed most young people (under 30 maybe?) never say "You're welcome" anymore...I know it's not meant rudely, but I didn't assume I was a problem to them in the first place, lol!

Also my all-time personal least favourite. Perhaps not meant rudely, but rude nonetheless. For Pete's sake people, if your kids are going into retail or hospitality TEACH THEM SOME MANNERS! And maybe even suggest that they should possibly consider actually thanking the customer for making the transaction. :rolleyes1

Let me ax you a question.

This I will simply never understand...:confused3

Cut the lights on.........

I know it's a southern phrase, but geezzeee, you're just making yourself sound stupid.

My bad......

a few weeks ago I had a bank teller mumble these words to me. Seriously, my bad ? ? ? You're a 40-something professional and you're going to utter - my bad - to me

"No problem" instead of "You're welcome". I hate this!!
I've noticed most young people (under 30 maybe?) never say "You're welcome" anymore...I know it's not meant rudely, but I didn't assume I was a problem to them in the first place, lol!

Also my all-time personal least favourite. Perhaps not meant rudely, but rude nonetheless. For Pete's sake people, if your kids are going into retail or hospitality TEACH THEM SOME MANNERS! And maybe even suggest that they should possibly consider actually thanking the customer for making the transaction. :rolleyes1

This I will simply never understand...:confused3

Not only do we do this in my workplace (a global consulting company), they most definitely carry a different tone. Yes, sometimes the contact/request is a problem, or at least a nuisance. "No problem" conveys that you have a good working relationship, that you can interact with that person on a more informal level, or that you were happy to help. "Thank you" is for people you don't know well or when you need to be more formal, and it does seem "colder", for lack of a better word. "Thanks" could be either depending on context.

That said, a lot of our communication is via our IM system. I wouldn't put "No problem" in an email, it's almost always "thanks". I can only speak for my company (and internal communications), not something like retail.

My stepdaughter and one stepson say Geez oh Pete, instead of saying for Pete's sake..drives me batty, lol

Having to hear my coworkers being called a "team" really bugs me. We're a various assembled collection of individuals who all have different ideas. Please don't group us into a "team." Hearing this babble over and over sounds like mind control and brain washing to me!

I hate when people say "I could care less." No, you couldn't care less. Because the first means you care!

Also, it's 180. Not 360.

So I guess it's just when people say phrases the wrong way lol.

I also detest it when people leave messages on the boards saying that they "love, love, love" this or that. Really? Well, I "hate, hate, hate" those comments.

I seen

This drives me absolutely batty and I cannot believe the number of people I work with who use this phrases.

To die for

Who in there right mind want to die for anything?

I don't. I already died once and it wasn't pleasant.

The word "blessed" when it is paired with material gain. I see this on FB often. Example: "we are so blessed to be able to afford a third car"

"Taking it to the next level". I guess it's because I don't really understand it. I mean, what's this "level" stuff?

People on college threads talk about having their kids take loans as 'having skin in the game'. I HATE that one!

I find myself saying 'no problem' sometimes when someone says thanks. I think the French version 'de rien' translates as 'it was nothing'. If someone doesn't like it, I don't really care. (We speak French a lot at home because I have two DDs who have studied French for years.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter