Phrases you hate

tvguy

Question anything the facts don't support.
My list:

1) "Gone missing"...........instead of "disappeared"

2) "Reach out to:........instead of "call"

Mostly mine are things said incorrectly such as "valentimes day", "I seen him", "she look good", etc

Also I hate when people say "whenever I was.." Instead of "when I was..". Whenever is for general things, such as "whenever I go get the mail, the neighbors dog barks at me", when is for specific, like "when I was five I got a dog" but I noticed people say "whenever I was five, I got a dog" and it just sounds so wrong that it irks me.

Sadly I find I'm easily irritated so there are a lot.

From Facebook
"just saying...."
"feel free to unfriend me"

And there are about a hundred work related ones that make me cringe.

"onboarding" or orientation
"drill down" or figure out what went wrong
"stakeholders" or other people who need to care about this issue but probably don't
"community partners" same as above
"empower" or convince someone else to take care of this
"align resources" or your benefits are getting cut

Sometimes I roll my eyes so hard during the day I'm afraid they won't come back down.

Sadly I find I'm easily irritated so there are a lot.

From Facebook
"just saying...."
"feel free to unfriend me"

And there are about a hundred work related ones that make me cringe.

"onboarding" or orientation
"drill down" or figure out what went wrong
"stakeholders" or other people who need to care about this issue but probably don't
"community partners" same as above
"empower" or convince someone else to take care of this
"align resources" or your benefits are getting cut

Sometimes I roll my eyes so hard during the say I'm afraid they won't come back down.

:rotfl:Last sentence!

BTDT :rolleyes:

Last edited:
On accident....

What the heck is that? My kids, coworkers, etc. all say this and it drives me crazy! I definitely know the phrase as "on purpose" or "by accident" but not "on accident".

"Oh snap" My 11 year old started saying this. Ugh!

"I got this" pops up a lot in facebook and makes me cringe.

"You know what I'm saying.". No, I don't.

"Enough said." Who gave you that authority to decide?

"No worries". I hear people say that all the time. BTW, just because I say something doesn't mean I need to hear "no worries". GRRRR.

"No problem" instead of "You're welcome". I hate this!!
I've noticed most young people (under 30 maybe?) never say "You're welcome" anymore...I know it's not meant rudely, but I didn't assume I was a problem to them in the first place, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter