Phrases you hate

I have never heard anyone say butthurt before. Can you use it in a sentence? Add me to the list who "doesn't get it."

Add me to the list of people who have never heard the phrase "butthurt" and who don't know what it means.
ALso, just want to say I hate the phrase "not my circus, not my monkeys."

Being a teen I have to admit I use a fair amount of these silly phrases, but one that seemed to have started up in my area is one I don't get. It is "I am sketchy about that." What is is they are really saying is "I am scared or freaked out about that."

I have never heard anyone say butthurt before. Can you use it in a sentence? Add me to the list who "doesn't get it."

Add me to the list of people who have never heard the phrase "butthurt" and who don't know what it means.

To be "butthurt" is to overreact negatively to an insult or some event that you don't like

"I told Steve I wasn't attracted to him and he got all butthurt."
"Alexis was butthurt when the Patriots lost the super bowl to the Giants ... twice!"

To be "butthurt" is to overreact negatively to an insult or some event that you don't like

"I told Steve I wasn't attracted to him and he got all butthurt."
"Alexis was butthurt when the Patriots lost the super bowl to the Giants ... twice!"

See, even with examples and a definition, I still don't get it. Why would your butt hurt? I could understand feelings getting hurt, but your butt? It just makes no sense. :confused3

^^^ I know!! It makes no sense! That phrase better not make its way to the midwest!

I was thinking the same thing. Why would you say "butthurt" to mean someone got overly angry about something? It has nothing to do with your butt. Usually, even if you've never heard a phrase before you can figure out what it means, but "butthurt"....nope, don't get that one.

I hate any phrase with the word "Yo" attached to it. I mean if your already talking to me in the first place you don't have to get my attention anymore by saying "Yo".

That stupid vine has all the kids saying " deez nuts. Ha! Gotti!!" "What do you want for dinner?" "Deeeez nuts! Gotti!"

"Shut up", especially when said to a kid

"I hate..." Coming from a kid

My brother's person can barely string together a sentence so I hear things like, "He ain't want none of that stuff no more". And this goes with the other thread, she calls a surgeon a sturgeon, and many other small mistakes that can drive a person absolutely crazy.

And since I'm complaining (haha), words that I reallllllly don't like
Pimple
Awesome
Pregnant (I still use it but there's something about it)
Woman (weird I know!)

Oh....forgot to add "can you borrow me some money?"

I was thinking the same thing. Why would you say "butthurt" to mean someone got overly angry about something? It has nothing to do with your butt. Usually, even if you've never heard a phrase before you can figure out what it means, but "butthurt"....nope, don't get that one.

I think you have to get a little x-rated to figure it out or read urbandictionary ;)

I think you have to get a little x-rated to figure it out or read urbandictionary ;)

Just checked Urban Dictionary and the explanation is almost exactly the same as what was listed before. It still makes absolutely no sense. I don't see how going x-rated would explain it, either. :confused3

Just checked Urban Dictionary and the explanation is almost exactly the same as what was listed before. It still makes absolutely no sense. I don't see how going x-rated would explain it, either. :confused3

The term “butthurt” originates from spanking[1], the act of striking the buttocks of another person, which is often seen as a method of punishing a child. Though some cultures view this as an acceptable form of discipline, it can be interpreted as abusive corporal punishment. Online, one of the earliest archived mentions of “butthurt” appeared in a 1998 comment[8] posted on the website of Swiss surrealist painter H. R. Giger.[9]

When somebody acts out or says something and gets called on it, they act like they're being punished with the likes of a spanking.

Lots of Good Ones, but for me it's; using the word "Awesome" more than once in the same sentence, especially if you are over 18.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter