• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photopass poses - The cheesier the better!

Actually the guy seemed to have all the time in the world to take pictures and we have a whole bunch of them with the ghosts, maybe he was just new at it and practicing LOL

Actually the guy seemed to have all the time in the world to take pictures and we have a whole bunch of them with the ghosts, maybe he was just new at it and practicing LOL

That happens too! We seemed to get a wide variety of photographers who really took their work seriously and wanted to frame everything right and get the best shots, but others were not as concerned, or maybe not as skilled at knowing how to get the best shots! But I still think your ghost picture looks fine! I don't see anything really wrong with it other than your arm/hand is blocked. I think it's cute!

I wish I had some pix to post but still waiting on my CDs to arrive. :confused3 Ordered on 11/11, standard shipping and haven't gotten them yet. I think they tried to deliver them late yesterday by UPS but we were at DL and they didn't leave them. Done know why as the slip doesn't say needs to be signed for and we see our UPS guy a couple times a week. He always comes between 5-6 p.m. but now won't be back until Monday. Too late to use my PP pix for my free Snapfish album:confused3 . I think the failed delivery was from Disney, not sure as all it says on the slip is PCS or PSC.

So, if it was my CDs yesterday, than standard delivery is 10 days, or 9 business days. Once I get them, I'll post some.

I wish I had some pix to post but still waiting on my CDs to arrive. :confused3 Ordered on 11/11, standard shipping and haven't gotten them yet. I think they tried to deliver them late yesterday by UPS but we were at DL and they didn't leave them. Done know why as the slip doesn't say needs to be signed for and we see our UPS guy a couple times a week. He always comes between 5-6 p.m. but now won't be back until Monday. Too late to use my PP pix for my free Snapfish album:confused3 . I think the failed delivery was from Disney, not sure as all it says on the slip is PCS or PSC.

So, if it was my CDs yesterday, than standard delivery is 10 days, or 9 business days. Once I get them, I'll post some.

Can't wait to see them!!! So how was DL yesterday?? Do you know if there is a way they can ship the Gingerbread Mickey's??

It is going to get you eventually! Today, perhaps?;) All those darn trees to find, you would think they have photographers set up by each one of them!!

Nope! I avoided it today. (aren't you proud?) :goodvibes I was tempted when i saw the photographer by the entrance but we were on a mission to ride as many "big kid" rides as possible since DS wasn't with us so we were making a bee-line to Space Mountain. However, when we go with my MIL in a little over a week, we might have to stop and get some pictures taken.

Can't wait to see them!!! So how was DL yesterday?? Do you know if there is a way they can ship the Gingerbread Mickey's??

It was good. We got there about noon and it wasn't too crowded until the 2nd parade at 6:30. From then on it was packed. :crowded: Really hard to move down Main St. Luckily we watched the 3:30 parade and it wasn't bad at all. My Nephew did a great job as a reindeer-we were all so proud!

102_0072.jpg

The castle looks amazing! So pretty. From a distance, IASW looks good to-we didn't get close. Sorry, I don't know about the gingerbread. I can find out next time we go.-Where do they sell them?

The tree at DL looks really good too-even up close it's hard to believe it's fake. I thought at night though the tree could have been brighter. Though I was told that when they light it at night snowflakes (of light) appear on the tree itself.

We only rode 4 rides. We left before the fireworks but watched them from the parking structure. We needed to get home at a decent time since DD had a softball tournament today. Fireworks were great! Got home at 10:30.

Nope! I avoided it today. (aren't you proud?) :goodvibes I was tempted when i saw the photographer by the entrance but we were on a mission to ride as many "big kid" rides as possible since DS wasn't with us so we were making a bee-line to Space Mountain. However, when we go with my MIL in a little over a week, we might have to stop and get some pictures taken.

I am proud of you for keeping a steely resolve against the evil Snowball! BUt I do think when you go with MIL next time, that would be a great time to give in to it!:goodvibes Nice family pictures with everyone in them!

I am proud of you for keeping a steely resolve against the evil Snowball! BUt I do think when you go with MIL next time, that would be a great time to give in to it!:goodvibes Nice family pictures with everyone in them!

Yeah, and she might help pay for the CD too! (I know, I'm being bad. :rolleyes1 ) We'll have to see if DS is willing to put up with stopping for pictures. We might have a bunch of shots of him getting upset or trying to get away! I figure if we do stop and get pictures, we don't have to buy the CD if they we don't like them, so there's really nothing to lose. I just have to actually get the pictures taken! So, to be continued......

It was good. We got there about noon and it wasn't too crowded until the 2nd parade at 6:30. From then on it was packed. :crowded: Really hard to move down Main St. Luckily we watched the 3:30 parade and it wasn't bad at all. My Nephew did a great job as a reindeer-we were all so proud!

102_0072.jpg

The castle looks amazing! So pretty. From a distance, IASW looks good to-we didn't get close. Sorry, I don't know about the gingerbread. I can find out next time we go.-Where do they sell them?

The tree at DL looks really good too-even up close it's hard to believe it's fake. I thought at night though the tree could have been brighter. Though I was told that when they light it at night snowflakes (of light) appear on the tree itself.

We only rode 4 rides. We left before the fireworks but watched them from the parking structure. We needed to get home at a decent time since DD had a softball tournament today. Fireworks were great! Got home at 10:30.

Disneydaz, is that picture of the Castle from last night in your post above? It's gorgeous! That is exactly the sort of thing we have been waiting for over on a couple of different threads, where we have been asking for up to date photos and details of all the new lighting and decorations in DLR. The Castle looks gorgeous. I had heard that it had the same sparkly icicles that light up at night as it did last year, but with some extra oomph! Your picture seems to confirm that - it has the sparkly, illuminated icicles as well as some extra purple color that ti didn't have last year! Beautiful!

And yes, that IASWH exterior is stunning to look at! The colors are so bright that when you stand in front of it, it just sort of seems to hypnotize people for a minute! It really is gorgeous!

Oh, and over on the "Merry Eats" thread, a CM posted a list of all the places the gingerbread cookies with Mickey ears are sold (they also sell them in the candy shops around DTD, too). They are adorable!

Yeah, and she might help pay for the CD too! (I know, I'm being bad. :rolleyes1 ) We'll have to see if DS is willing to put up with stopping for pictures. We might have a bunch of shots of him getting upset or trying to get away! I figure if we do stop and get pictures, we don't have to buy the CD if they we don't like them, so there's really nothing to lose. I just have to actually get the pictures taken! So, to be continued......

Hey, times are tough and if you can get someone to chip in with you on the CD, that would be a wise thing to do!:thumbsup2 And you are absolutely correct - you won't lose anything by having the photos taken. You can even share them with people through the PhotoPass share/invitation e-mails before anything is ever purchased. So if MIL has e-mail and can receive the invitation to view the photos, she may decide she loves them and must have them at once! (That would be funny if all the photos showed your son trying to make a quick getaway! It could become a running theme in all your photos!) If not, no harm, no foul. No one has to spend any money if the photos don't come out great! And I must admit, some people's PhotoPass pictures seem to come out better than others, and I think that is due to the photographers!

I don't have any pics to share, but wanted to say how much I'm enjoying the ones you all have shared. I would love to see more. :)

Just bumping our thread up in the hopes that more people will join in and share their awesome photos!!! I love this thread, it keeps me smiling!!!:goodvibes

Okay! I will post a few more ultra-hokey pictures just to keep the thread active!

Here are three examples of the standard "look scared" pose. As I indicated in an earlier post, I like to get into my 'role' as a scared person. My friends don't get that you are supposed to look scared and not try to smile!

My friend (in the peachy-orange-ish color) is trying to smile through looking scared, while I am really making an idiot of myself looking scared...or at least, startled!;)
image027.jpg

And, again...who is the one smiling and who is TRYING to look scared?:rolleyes1
image080.jpg

And now here is my friend Jackie, who has joined us...You see she is also not committing to her role as a scared person. She is taking the 'Hi, everyone, I look cute while sticking a thumb in my ear" approach:
image103.jpg

Sherry, those are good additions to the cheese thread. :goodvibes
I like your scared/surprised pose. Very nice. I also like your friend smiling while she is scared. It adds to the cheesiness which makes it a good pic. :thumbsup2

Sherry, those are good additions to the cheese thread. :goodvibes
I like your scared/surprised pose. Very nice. I also like your friend smiling while she is scared. It adds to the cheesiness which makes it a good pic. :thumbsup2

It is hard to get my friends to even pose goofily now. In the old days, I used to take all kinds of ridiculously silly pictures of them, but now that we are older, they feel that they can't let go and just be zany - even at DLR! So if I try to ask them to pose that way, I will get dirty looks and derisive laughter, but if a PhotoPass person asks it, they will obey! Of course, they can't fully let go and feel they have to smile in everything, but it is a step in the right direction!!! My friend Jackie, as you can see in the third photo, just kind of abandoned looking scared. The thumb in the ear pose is more of a halfhearted wacky pose!! But yes, these pictures are cheesy, that is for sure!!!!:thumbsup2

Wish I had some. :confused3 I'm still waiting for my CDs to arrive. :scared1: I thought they attempted to deliver them on Friday but it was something else. I ordered on 11/11, they shipped on 11/12 standard shipping and if they don't arrive today that will be 10 business days (13 days).

I sent an email to PP Guest Services today as I'm now starting to get worried. I know all my pix are still in my account (even though some were supposed to exp on 11/11). I know the stickers I ordered only took a few days to arrive. Anyone else wait this long for delivery?

Wish I had some. :confused3 I'm still waiting for my CDs to arrive. :scared1: I thought they attempted to deliver them on Friday but it was something else. I ordered on 11/11, they shipped on 11/12 standard shipping and if they don't arrive today that will be 10 business days (13 days).

I sent an email to PP Guest Services today as I'm now starting to get worried. I know all my pix are still in my account (even though some were supposed to exp on 11/11). I know the stickers I ordered only took a few days to arrive. Anyone else wait this long for delivery?

Wow! They are taking a long time with your CD! Mine arrived in 7 days from when they said they shipped it! Well, have faith. It will show up.:goodvibes Maybe the CD took the 'scenic route' to get to you! Anyway, you have already posted some great photos on here, so at least we got to see some of your PhotoPass pictures! We will anxiously await some from the batch you are expecting!:)

Sherry, I just love your photos, it just totally looks like you all had a blast!!! I love that!!!:goodvibes

I just saw your post, I hope your CD arrives safely, I don't blame you for starting to worry. I have been anxiously awaiting to see your photos, as I know you always get some really great shots, it gives me ideas for my upcoming trips. Hope it arrives soon for you and I can't wait to see the photos. :goodvibes

Sherry, I just love your photos, it just totally looks like you all had a blast!!! I love that!!!:goodvibes

Thank you!:goodvibes I am a goofball - always have been - and I will attempt to take pictures of people sleeping, people eating, people talking, posing with inanimate objects acting silly, anything where I can get a good cheesy shot. So PhotoPass is a good tool to bring out the cheesy side in people! Yes, it was pretty fun in October, though not the MOST fun DLR trip I have had. I just posted a couple of old holiday photos over on the holiday photo thread, and as I was choosing the two pictures to post, I realized THAT trip in 1992 was REALLY fun! They had some cool Christmas stuff at DLR back then, like Candy Cane Lane. Now I am inspired to get out other older DLR holiday pictures and post them somewhere!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter