Photo Trip Report – Panama Canal Cruise plus 3 days in DLR

What do you enjoy/look forward to most about a repositioning cruise?

• Different Ports of Call/Itinerary

• Variety of entertainment

• More opportunities to dine at Palo

• More Sea Days

• New and different dinner menus

• More interaction with cast and characters

Results are only viewable after voting.
I too am doing the EBPC and this has been a great report to follow as we make plans!

WE board the Wonder in 4 weeks for our Panama Crossing, can't wait.

So do we!!! I've been taking mental notes of things to do on the trip - thanks for such a great trip report!

I too am doing the EBPC and this has been a great report to follow as we make plans!

That is awesome! It was absolutely a great experience and we all enjoyed crossing the Panama on the Disney Cruise Line :thumbsup2

I noticed when I was planning there were not a lot of Panama Canal trip reports so I am so glad this is helpful to others! It is amazing how long it takes to go through all the pictures and write a report but we wanted to finish before the EBPC - looks like we will make it - just half a day left to finish and then it will be onto Disneyland!

That is awesome! It was absolutely a great experience and we all enjoyed crossing the Panama on the Disney Cruise Line :thumbsup2

I noticed when I was planning there were not a lot of Panama Canal trip reports so I am so glad this is helpful to others! It is amazing how long it takes to go through all the pictures and write a report but we wanted to finish before the EBPC - looks like we will make it - just half a day left to finish and then it will be onto Disneyland!

Count me in as another one following along as I anxiously await boarding in 26 days for the EBPC!!! I have enjoyed your journey. I'm hoping we see a dolphin or two like you did - slim chance for a whale! :boat:

You are right - there aren't too many PC trip reports. I say I'll do one each cruise but I end up losing track of notes aka stop taking them! no promises, but I'll try :)

I noticed when I was planning there were not a lot of Panama Canal trip reports so I am so glad this is helpful to others!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!...oh did I say Thank you?!

The nice thing about a sea day on the last day - especially a rainy one is there is time to pack...

I think DSis and I missed posting about one of the "adults take over the kids spaces" that we did - which was making flubber. This was so much fun. Professor Ivanna Tinkle led the demonstration. It may depend on the cast member but the one we had was a lot of fun and everyone had a lots of laughs. Be sure to look for this event if it is offered on the cruise - usually on the longer, fewer kids cruises.

how to pack flubber?

These photos somehow missed our first sort so they are completely out of order but I did want to include the flubber pic since it was so much fun...

ok now back to our regularly scheduled trip report...

the rainy day kept us inside packing

treats from concierge (though we were still full from brunch so we saved them for later)

Now that is the way to enjoy the treats from concierge, before dinner with the last bottle of champagne that you brought on board and have to drink before debarking...

The peter pan boot, which we now have forgotten how to make :)

strawberry daiquiri

Sesame Crusted Tuna Sashimi

trio of salmon

grilled potato and goat cheese napoleon

potato and leek soup

Lamb Sirloin

Beef Wellington

Presenting the Baked Alaska dessert

The flag for Poland went missing so Patryk carried the Canadian flag during the parade of flags which is done on the last dinner of the cruise. Really a lot of fun!

Partryk brings a special dessert to his tables. We might have preferred the baked Alaska but it was thoughtful of him to do something special so we didn't complain. After all the desserts we had on this cruise who could complain. :goodvibes

At the end of the night they held a farewell from all of the cast members.

Something I learned from the animator discussions onboard is that Princess Tiana's dress is a lilypad. I never saw this before. But now I definitely see it - very cool detail...

awww, my favorite from my childhood - the little mermaid!

Three years later I was a preteen - and far too cool to see this one in theaters, but I've made up for it since and now have Beauty and the Beast on dvd :thumbsup2

These two were in the musical Dream - Definitely the best musical of the cruise. Their costumes are really great too...

we had extra money on the arcade card Rodrigo gave us so we headed to play some games. If I were a betting person I'd bet that on the Magic the arcade will be re-themed for "wreck it ralph".

we were given a poster with all of the information about our cruise:

I had been looking for a longer cruise to do that didn't involve the transatlantic and I think I have found it... :)
Spent my day off today reading the entire post and enjoying all the photos, I am on the Dream in November, but may move the dummy cruise I book at that time to the PC cruise... you have made it sound absolutely awesome!
I can't wait to hear your TR from your days at DL as well! popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

The nice thing about a sea day on the last day - especially a rainy one is there is time to pack...

I think DSis and I missed posting about one of the "adults take over the kids spaces" that we did - which was making flubber. This was so much fun. Professor Ivanna Tinkle led the demonstration. It may depend on the cast member but the one we had was a lot of fun and everyone had a lots of laughs. Be sure to look for this event if it is offered on the cruise - usually on the longer, fewer kids cruises.

how to pack flubber?

I think Professor Ivanna Tinkle had a sister named Anita.

Also they warned us not to carry flubber in your carryon or TSA would flip out.

I had been looking for a longer cruise to do that didn't involve the transatlantic and I think I have found it... :)
Spent my day off today reading the entire post and enjoying all the photos, I am on the Dream in November, but may move the dummy cruise I book at that time to the PC cruise... you have made it sound absolutely awesome!
I can't wait to hear your TR from your days at DL as well! popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

That's great! yes, we hope to have the LA portion done soon.

I am so glad to have found you TR on your Panama Canal/ DLR Cruise. Just back from our Orlando and our DTD Vow Renewal, and already thinking what to for our 25th anniversary in 2015. I want Disney/ hubby wants a Panama Canal Cruise....your trip looks like the best of both worlds, and it seems the dates will coincide with our anniversary to boot!

Have thoroughly enjoyed the cruise portion, and looking forward to hearing how DL was.

I am so glad to have found you TR on your Panama Canal/ DLR Cruise. Just back from our Orlando and our DTD Vow Renewal, and already thinking what to for our 25th anniversary in 2015. I want Disney/ hubby wants a Panama Canal Cruise....your trip looks like the best of both worlds, and it seems the dates will coincide with our anniversary to boot!

Have thoroughly enjoyed the cruise portion, and looking forward to hearing how DL was.

:thumbsup2 That is great! It would be a great combination of both worlds.

It was very loud the morning we were arriving into port so we all were up before the sunrise. Being under the top deck is especially noisy on the last morning because the crew is busy cleaning the deck and moving the chairs around. No need to set an alarm :goodvibes

yes this is a boat carrying portapots

The captain had to turn the boat around to back into the port

all packed...

Leaving the ship was a bit chaotic because the LA port was very late in clearing us for debarkation. They were on California time :goodvibes. It was also very slow getting through customs. I saw a lot of worried and anxious people. Lesson is - might be best to schedule a later flight back if flying out of LA that morning.

lots of food going onboard...

See ya real soon, Disney Wonder :goodvibes

First indication that Disneyland was not going to be anything like WDW - no Magical Express Bus with Mickey cartoons playing :sad2:

When arriving to the Disneyland hotel there were no porters outside waiting to help people with their luggage. This made things complicated as we had to make a couple trips to get all of our luggage. One of my pieces almost was put back onto the bus but I was able to stop them in time and we got all of our luggage.

Then we go into the hotel where there were very few cast members available to help with check in so the line was long and there was a lot of confusion as to where the line even was (no stanchions). They didn't even know that the Disney Wonder came into port today as we found out when talking with the cast member who checked us in. Seems like they should know this ahead of time and plan for longer lines coming from the ship.

My parents were staying concierge at the hotel also, but there was no separate check in for concierge. At Walt Disney World, when you are staying Club Level, you don't even have to wait in line they take you directly to your room. But as I was reminded several times by cast member at Disneyland - this isn't Disney World :rolleyes:

their room did have a good view (pictured below), but was very small - only a king bed - no sitting area.

My sister and I paid for a room with a view and were disappointed when the view turned out to be the Avis car rental lot. so we went all the way back to check in and they changed our room to a view of the pool which was a much better, and bigger - twice the size of my parents concierge level room.

We discovered on our second night that the headboards light up with fireworks and play music (very cute!)

nice details:

we were in "Adventureland tower" but this was the only detail inside the room to distinguish it as Adventureland.

There is an adventureland suite that I snuck a quick look at - which looks amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter