Photo Trip Report – Panama Canal Cruise plus 3 days in DLR

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by jegsnakkernorsk, May 28, 2013.

?

What do you enjoy/look forward to most about a repositioning cruise?

1. Different Ports of Call/Itinerary

2. Variety of entertainment

3. More opportunities to dine at Palo

4. More Sea Days

5. New and different dinner menus

6. More interaction with cast and characters

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ImDMous

ImDMous DIS Veteran

Thank you so much for your awesome trip report. We're doing this cruise next May and I can't wait! Loved all your pictures. I don't know how I'm going to make it the remaining 8 months, wanna go now!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

I enjoyed reading your report and seeing your awesome pictures! We'll be on the WBPC cruise next May, and plan to do 2 days in DL afterwards! I especially liked your restaurant information for DL!

Thank you!

Bobbi:goodvibes

4. Ellester

Ellester DIS Veteran

I so enjoyed your report! I don't know if we will ever make the PC cruise, but your report makes me want to put it on a higher priority. Thanks for sharing!!!

5. Ellester

Ellester DIS Veteran

Oh! And I wanted to add that Phillipa Gregory was my author of choice as well on our Alaska cruise this summer! I read "The Kingmaker's Daughter" a few years ago so this trip it was "The White Queen". Perfect vacation reading!

6. randomiam79

randomiam79 Mouseketeer

Great report!
    We've been talking about his for the past week or so, it is definitely on the bucket list! We are floridians too so I'd like t see DLR but a little nervous since I'm so spoiled by having WDW an hour away whenever we feel like it.

Thinking maybe we do this in 2016 or2017 depending on if they still offer it. Maybe the new canal will be done so it will be o one of the other ships by then, or at least the wonder will have been refurbed by then.
    Thanks for your report!

7. marciemouse

marciemouse Raised on Disney

I'm reading your report and am now in the Cartegena section, where I caught a glimpse of your mom's purse! I love Disney Lesportsac, and that midnight Harmony tote is at the top of my hunt! Tell your mom she has nice taste in purses. (and a buyer should she want to get rid of it!) :goodvibes

8. bbkeough

bbkeough Becky

We are doing the PC cruise from San Diego to PC in Sept. 2014. I am very much looking forward to more days at sea :cool2: and seeing new ports and sights than we have seen on the Caribbean cruises. I LOVE that first sighting of the cruise ship when arriving :yay:

9. bbkeough

bbkeough Becky

Wow, it would be great to have so much room and the extra bathroom :lovestruc Maybe someday when we are sailing with kids and grandkids :yay:

10. bbkeough

bbkeough Becky

Seeing all of your beautiful pictures such does make me wish we were going sooner than Sept. 2014. I seems like it is so far away :sad2:

11. bbkeough

bbkeough Becky

I hope they open the kids areas on our cruise to adults as well, that would be really fun :cool1:

12. aliabi05

aliabi05 Earning My Ears

Nice report, thanks. Watched the webcams while ship went thru the canal.

13. tlynk

tlynk DIS Veteran

OMGosh- I love your trip report! I booked the WBPC for May 2015 and I'm excited now! Cruising through the Panama Canal looks awesome! The only bummer is hearing about the CMs complaining. We were on the Wonder this past October and we met several CM onboard who expressed to us how Disney treats them and they were miserable. It kinda put a little damper on the rest of our trip. I did write on the survey that many CMs were unhappy and that Disney should look into it. I suggested making the moral better for CMs? Maybe the CMs just needed to be reminded of the expectations? I don't know all the facts. With that said- we still had a wonderful time! :thumbsup2

14. Hijkfamily

Hijkfamily Earning My Ears

Thanks for sharing all these details. We are booked on the 2015 West Bound Panama Canal cruise and your posts gave me tons of ideas.

15. sorceressk

sorceressk Mouseketeer

I also noticed that on the wonder. We were on a b2b right before the wbpc last year and I was appalled at the amount of cast members "playing" on stage while on their breaks. Very un-Disney if u ask my opinion. And it's even stranger to see on this ship because I tend to think of the wonder as having one of the best crews on dcl.

16. mom4fun

mom4fun DIS Veteran

Great info!