Photo Trip Report – Panama Canal Cruise plus 3 days in DLR

What do you enjoy/look forward to most about a repositioning cruise?

• Different Ports of Call/Itinerary

• Variety of entertainment

• More opportunities to dine at Palo

• More Sea Days

• New and different dinner menus

• More interaction with cast and characters

Results are only viewable after voting.
This morning we arrived at Puerto Vallarta at 7:30.

Dad was one of the first ones off the boat. He had a golf game scheduled and we saw him as he got into a hired car and drove off for his adventure.

My favorite port! The two times we've stopped there I've wanted to stay. Can't wait to see more!

My favorite port! The two times we've stopped there I've wanted to stay. Can't wait to see more!

That's cool! We were bums and didn't do any excursions - DSis and I got so burned by the excursion we did with Disney in Cozumel that we didn't dare do another. If we had done more research before we left home we would have liked to do some exploring of the town and area. Thanks for reading and for posting.

I had my manicure with Joyce this morning in the spa.

The flavored waters by the rainforest room were a must stop for me in the morning.

DSis' wildlife photography from the boat still going strong.

She took those photos of the man and his Pinocchio like donkey from the ship looking down to the dock.

This sad little animal menagerie was also visible from the ship and just below on the dock.

The doughnut shaped building is a tourist market that some of our new cruise friends explored but were disappointed and left after a little while.

Some more of DSis' wildlife photography:

having just caught a fish

Nice house on the harbor

Across from the pirate ship

And just behind is Walmart and Sam's Club

View from our verandah

Wonder officer boarded a pilot boat to inspect the ship from our little bump in the Panama Canal.

Calling Geico?

This morning DSis and I went to the Quiet Cove Café for breakfast.

Mickey bar was from the concierge reception the day before

I loved their croissants.

After breakfast by the pool. We went back to the verandah to sit and relax.

And I became fascinated by the landscaper mowing the yard of this home. Guess I imagined it was a location for Real House Wives of Puerto Vallarta.

And we heard and watched the pirate ship adventure take off from the dock in front of Puerto del Walmart.

Loving every bit of it so far! Talking with fiance about making the 9/14 trip our honeymoon. Your trip report has me 99% sold. Only concern is hurricane season. I grew up on the east coast and have been through many, many storms on land... never one at sea.

Looking forward to more posts and thank you for taking the time to share it with us!

Loving every bit of it so far! Talking with fiance about making the 9/14 trip our honeymoon. Your trip report has me 99% sold. Only concern is hurricane season. I grew up on the east coast and have been through many, many storms on land... never one at sea.

Looking forward to more posts and thank you for taking the time to share it with us!

Oh that would be so nice. I haven't been on a cruise during Sept or Oct but have been told that they make every effort to steer clear of storms and avoid the bad weather as best as possible. DSis and I booked onboard a future cruise to the southern Caribbean in October of 2014 to and from Puerto Rico and we had the same fear. There were so many "frequent cruisers" on this cruise that told us not to worry about hurricanes, that we did end up going for it.

So finally we no longer have a "sea day" and we finally make it to Mexico and I enjoy Mexican food. So what do I have for lunch?

Honestly. I'm not normally such a compulsive obsessive eater - how I had so many chicken fingers for lunch on this trip I'll never understand - they must be laced with something... same with the pickles - never had so many of either in all my life to that point!

While we dined poolside we watch a movie we hadn't seen before - Bolt.

And since we are in Mexico they had drink specials on Corona, or at least I was drinking Corona today special for the occasion.

We then watched another movie I hadn't seen, Mulan

I loved this funnel vision and pool to myself.

Dad came by after he and mom had lunch in Beach Blanket - he was thrilled having golfed today. Rodrique even commented that he saw him with a spring in his step the first time all cruise. Dad is really only happy when he golfs regularly - it had been a week since he last putted.

Anyway, they raved about the peel-and-eat shrimp and mussels so DSis went and got a plate for us.

Mean while the crew were hard at work

And guests were starting to come back from their excursions. Nice they had water ready for returning guests.

As much of Mexico as we planned to see today.

Oh and here is what I packed for my day by the pool...

The cell phone is the 'wave phone' you get two per room to use while onboard and on Castaway Cay and works to call and text another room or wave phone.

There's also three types of sunblock, a book, playing cards, a little wallet to hold my room card, pens, camera, and a tide stick - hey you never know.

I thought this was a nice touch - flying the Disney Cruise Line flag as a welcome though I didn't spot it until we were leaving

that rope is massive - guess it needs to be for such a big ship but still strange to see.

This was a scary incident. This sailboat (pictured below) packed with people decided to have a bit of fun by going in front of our ship as we were sailing out. We could all feel the captain put the brakes on and sound the horn - not the "wish upon a star" happy horn but you are about to die scary alarm horn. It is crazy the risks people will take for a bit of excitement!

we head back to the room to get ready for the evening. my Dsis took this photo to show how smart she was to pack these acrylic containers for the desk turned vanity in the cabin. It kept all her makeup in one place without rolling off the desk.

we headed to diversions where for more of the best cocktails made by Alexander (I think that was his name).

Dsis ordered one of those ultimate margaritas she had won yesterday

the characters were in their Mexican wear this evening - very appropriate :goodvibes

Okay I think these are the last dolphin photos (though not the last marine mammal photos)

Full Disclosure - I got a heck of a lot more photos that looked like the following than I did of the actual dolphins. My advice is just keep taking photos as quickly as possible. I also really tried to anticipate the jump so hit the shutter before they lept out of water. Easier said than done though

a couple of other random photos from sometime that afternoon I think

and another beautiful sunset!

Citrico's Shrimp:

Chicken Consomme:

Tomato and Mozzarella:

Flying Fish Red Snapper (not as good as the original dish at flying fish)

Pan seared scallops:

Breast of Pheasant (my recommendation):

(caught this photo just in time):

This was a scary incident. This sailboat (pictured below) packed with people decided to have a bit of fun by going in front of our ship as we were sailing out. We could all feel the captain put the brakes on and sound the horn - not the "wish upon a star" happy horn but you are about to die scary alarm horn. It is crazy the risks people will take for a bit of excitement!

I remember that! We were walking past the Mickey Pool and the poor CM sitting by the slide entrance nearly jumped out of her skin when the captain sounded the horn!:scared1:

Vedran (in the Outlook Cafe) said it was so unexpected when he heard it he was about to go to his muster station, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter