Photo Sharing: Ultra Wide Angle

I keep talking myself out of an ultra wide lens. I don't have the funds to even think of it but yet I find myself on these threads. These pictures are gorgeous. What does everyone recommend for a newbie like myself for a Cannon Rebel Xti? What would be the best bang for the buck?

WDWfigment I am blown away by your shots. I went to your flickr account and drooled for a little while. I stumbled on themagicinpixels site as well. Good stuff. Are there any other sites I should know about for Disney/Canon/Photography people? My next purchase is going to be the "Understanding Exposure" book by Bryan P.

Keep those wide shots of WDW coming. Does anyone have any of Disneyland?

A few last shots with my Sigma 12-24mm HSM- getting sold for an UWA upgrade. By the way- it's way WAY too cold in Florida when there is ice laying around in the yard all day- even if it did come from the hose. The girls had fun with it anyway. ;)

Jeff if you want too see some ice/snow you should hop up to KC. We've been dumped on this year. Last year we only received 14 inches of snow all winter, this year we have over 20 inches in total already. I need to get out and shoot.
Always get excited to see what your going to shoot next Gdad.

Jeff if you want too see some ice/snow you should hop up to KC. We've been dumped on this year. Last year we only received 14 inches of snow all winter, this year we have over 20 inches in total already. I need to get out and shoot.
Always get excited to see what your going to shoot next Gdad.

I'll second that from here in KC! I have water dripping in my front hallway because the gutters are frozen solid and the stuff on the roof is melting......

But it's supposed to exceed the freezing point tomorrow or the next day. YIPPEE!!! Oh yeah.... and the kids are finally heading back to school too! :banana::banana::banana:

Jeff if you want too see some ice/snow you should hop up to KC.

Noooooooooo- I do NOT want to see it at ALL. (I grew up in it- Michigan has plenty of it too.) My wife and kids on the other hand- the little bit of sleet we got yesterday morning was as close as they have ever seen. :confused3

Yeah, we are about snowed out in KC.

I can't believe the amount we have gotten here plus the cold. Hopefully some it should melt tomorrow.

I keep talking myself out of an ultra wide lens. I don't have the funds to even think of it but yet I find myself on these threads. These pictures are gorgeous. What does everyone recommend for a newbie like myself for a Cannon Rebel Xti? What would be the best bang for the buck?

WDWfigment I am blown away by your shots. I went to your flickr account and drooled for a little while. I stumbled on themagicinpixels site as well. Good stuff. Are there any other sites I should know about for Disney/Canon/Photography people? My next purchase is going to be the "Understanding Exposure" book by Bryan P.

Keep those wide shots of WDW coming. Does anyone have any of Disneyland?

I have the Canon XSi and bought the Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 in November for my trip to London. I absolutely love it and it's rated a best value and I think even better than the canon 10-22 (which is f/4). The Tokina goes for about $600 and it's on backorder most places. It's hardly in stock because it sells as soon as they get some in. I just ordered through Adorama and it shipped as soon as more arrived (around 2 1/2 weeks after I first ordered).

beach_club_4463.jpg

torii_4391.jpg

Both with Canon 10-22 @ 10

Umm.... is a Tokina image that's been Photoshopped (TO Death!!) legal??
I, I couldn't control myself! Pay no attention to the noise or excessive....everything. :rolleyes1
It was Illuminations after all.... a BEAST to photograph!
PS. I LIKE the colors! ::yes::
Marlton Mom
PSS It sort of reminds me of LeRoy Nieman.....

You guys really have me wanting to add the Tokina 11-16 before our summer vacation.

Is there a steep learning curve? In addition to posting pictures, can you give any tips or suggestions for a newbie???

You guys really have me wanting to add the Tokina 11-16 before our summer vacation.

Is there a steep learning curve? In addition to posting pictures, can you give any tips or suggestions for a newbie???

Figure out what kind of style you like with it. Some will criticize for pointing the lens up when looking at buildings (because they appear to lean) but some people like that look (like me). You'd have to keep your camera level with your subject for no distortion.

For me it was remembering that I had to be right up on top of what I was shooting to get what I was looking for.

I had a short time to use my lens before going on a trip to London. I went out one day to a city nearby and just walked around taking pictures for a few hours. I had to think a bit differently but I considered it pretty easy to learn.

I found that I had to really pay attention to automatic exposure. Because the scene is so large, you can have many variances on the amount of light in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter