Photo Sharing: Ultra Wide Angle

Excellent stuff all- Willow- I love the Streetcar shot!!!

One for today with the Sigma 12-24

My new Tokina 11-16 finally shows up on Monday! :cool1: I have been waiting six weeks for it to show up.

Dave pirate:

^Jeff, that is absolutely amazing. Definitely the best I've ever seen of the Fountain of Nations. I have had an extremely hard time getting any shots of the Fountain of Nations at night without blowing the water. Even doing several exposures, I still get it blown. Is this a single exposure? Excellent dynamic range, if so.

Your shots from the Sigma 12-24 have me convinced that it's a really underrated lens. If I ever went full frame, I think I'd get it over the Nikkor 14-24. Not just because of the price difference, either. That extra 2mm is luring.

^Jeff, that is absolutely amazing. Definitely the best I've ever seen of the Fountain of Nations. I have had an extremely hard time getting any shots of the Fountain of Nations at night without blowing the water. Even doing several exposures, I still get it blown. Is this a single exposure? Excellent dynamic range, if so.

Your shots from the Sigma 12-24 have me convinced that it's a really underrated lens. If I ever went full frame, I think I'd get it over the Nikkor 14-24. Not just because of the price difference, either. That extra 2mm is luring.

Thanks Tom- just one exposure. I am very pleased with the Sigma- especially given the cost roughly 1/4 the 14-24. I am learning not to shoot it into bright lights- the biggest negative of the lens I see is the Flare.

I added some more pictures of the fountain in the comments on Flickr- click on the above shot to see the 'whole show'.

Excellent stuff all- Willow- I love the Streetcar shot!!!

Thanks so much! I take that as a huge compliment coming from you :goodvibes. I rented that lens for the trip. I must be honest that I found it much more difficult to shoot with than the fisheye. I think my heart belongs to bent lines.

Your fountain shot (above) is breath-taking, btw!

Thanks- Here is another of the fountain- same setup.

Im such a fan of yours, Jeff, and always in awe of ALL your work and love your galleries. :cloud9:
Your post-processing is "Top Notch". :woohoo: Sure wish I had the time and talent to attempt to get close to what YOU have/can accomplished.

Thanks- Here is another of the fountain- same setup.

Amazing shot Jeff! :worship: I just got my Tokina 11-16 today!:cool1: I can not wait to start learning how to use this lens.....

Dave pirate:

I thought I was going to join the club today, B&H had the Tokina 11-16 in stock. I was on their website at 5:45 today, as soon as it opened back up, but by the time I finished the checkout process the lens was already back out of stock :headache: (so I assume they only had one, or a few). I've had it on backorder at Adormama for over a week now too, hopefully they'll come through soon. It'd be nice to have for Christmas!

I thought I was going to join the club today, B&H had the Tokina 11-16 in stock. I was on their website at 5:45 today, as soon as it opened back up, but by the time I finished the checkout process the lens was already back out of stock :headache: (so I assume they only had one, or a few). I've had it on backorder at Adormama for over a week now too, hopefully they'll come through soon. It'd be nice to have for Christmas!

Took me about 2 1/2 weeks to get it after ordering on Adorama. I never even got an email from B&H saying it was in stock!

Call up Adorama and ask them when they think they'll get new ones in. The woman I spoke to was pretty accurate- said second week of November and my lens shipped around November 6th, arrived on the 9th. I ordered October 23rd.

http://nowinstock.net/

Don't forget Bing.com cashback! (Last I saw, it was 10% for B&H!)

http://nowinstock.net/

Don't forget Bing.com cashback! (Last I saw, it was 10% for B&H!)

No Bing for me, unfortunately, as I'm a Canadian. :sad1: I'm been watching the Bing/Black Friday deals and salivating over some of the deals you guys can get right now! At least the Tokina from Adormama/B&H is still over $100 cheaper, door to door, than from a Canadian retailer...

Here's a recent shot I did of our Varsity basketball team. I used it for the poster that will go up in the school and in local restaurants. I LOVE that Tokina 11-16mm so MUCH!!!!!!!!

p93432951-4.jpg

I heard back from Adormama re: the Tokina 11-16 I've got on backorder, they'll be getting in a shipment (EOS mount at least, not sure about Nikon) on December the 7th :banana:. So for anyone looking to pull the trigger on buying one, now is the time!

Here's a recent shot I did of our Varsity basketball team. I used it for the poster that will go up in the school and in local restaurants. I LOVE that Tokina 11-16mm so MUCH!!!!!!!!

p93432951-4.jpg
Nice! Love their reflections in the floor.

That's it! I just read over this thread, and I think on my trip between Christmas and New Years, I'm going to shoot with my Canon 10-22 as my priority lens, and try to come back with something worthy of posting on this thread.

I do have one, which I did a series of a while back on another thread, that I'll resurrect here:

10mm 5s f/16 ISO 100

733069205_GYgBu-XL.jpg

And one more from that evening:

10mm 5s f/16 ISO 100

733069333_2gwMY-XL.jpg

Thanks for a great thread. Keep posting.

Boris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter