Photo Sharing: Mirrorless

I don't know yet. My wife called and said the package was delivered. I think that Sony is better for manual glass because of focus peaking.

I don't know yet. My wife called and said the package was delivered. I think that Sony is better for manual glass because of focus peaking.

I hate knowing when I have a package at home and im stuck at work or out. The anticipation drives me nuts lol.

Mike, I'll let you know this weekend. My OMD is on the truck for delivery today:woohoo:. I really look forward to the IBIS and weather sealing. I ordered the silver 12-50 kit and Oly 45 f1.8.

You are going to like the 45 f1.8....that lens is awesome!!

I was all set to order the OM-D from an online store that I was not previously familiar, but one that came recommended by another Dis member. Before I did so, I checked Adorama again and found that they had some kits online.
So, last week, I ordered the silver 12-50 kit and Olympus 45 f1.8 lens! Received it last weekend, but it was too rainy here to go out for a trial shoot.

I went out this past Thursday to a nearby Japanese garden and did some shooting. I have to say, I absolutely LOVE this system!!! It's really a fun camera to use. It's definitely a keeper! When I get time, I will upload a couple of images. Also, the 45 mm f1.8 is well worth it! Now, I have to send in that rebate in the next couple of days!

And, it is SO comfortable to hold and to carry! I'm certain this is all I will be taking to WDW for my trips this fall!

E=PM1 & 45mm f/1.8

090812Lily001-L.jpg

JoeDif, that's one of the best puppy portraits I've seen.

I also bought the silver OMD and 12-50/45 with the rebate. Comparing to the Nex 7, the Nex is so much user friendly to me. I think the OMD buttons were made for my 6 year old. They're tiny. What about the strap lug on the right? How do you hold the camera without it interfering with the top buttons/dials? I haven't shot much with it yet. I'm still trying to figure out the menu/function buttons. IBIS is just amazing! I also have to agree with the 45, its an awesome lens. Coming from APS-C, the lenses are tiny in diameter. I also think the Sony EVF is so much more realistic, larger, and clearer. The OMD is a keeper, I just have to get used to the ergonomics and menus.

JoeDif, that's one of the best puppy portraits I've seen.

I also bought the silver OMD and 12-50/45 with the rebate. Comparing to the Nex 7, the Nex is so much user friendly to me. I think the OMD buttons were made for my 6 year old. They're tiny. What about the strap lug on the right? How do you hold the camera without it interfering with the top buttons/dials? I haven't shot much with it yet. I'm still trying to figure out the menu/function buttons. IBIS is just amazing! I also have to agree with the 45, its an awesome lens. Coming from APS-C, the lenses are tiny in diameter. I also think the Sony EVF is so much more realistic, larger, and clearer. The OMD is a keeper, I just have to get used to the ergonomics and menus.

Thanks!!

Right now I'm using the E-PM1 but hope to get the OM-D early next year. Have you accessed the SCP (super control panel) on the OM-D? It is probably one of the most user friendly features on the PEN's and OM-D. I can't figure out why Olympus buried it deep in the menu options!!

Thanks Joe! I just enabled it on my info button. This should have been enabled from the factory. I wish I could figure out how to put the battery indicator on the live view screen. I don't know if you can. The OMD is smaller than I expected. The Nex 7 actually feels better in the hand with the grip. The OMD is definitely a 2 handed camera. With the Nex 7 I can use the camera in one hand and carry my 2 year old in the other. The OMD doesn't feel as secure in one hand because it doesn't have a front grip although I do like the thumb grip. Right now I am trying to update my software because I dont have LR4 and my LR3 doesnt recognize the OLY files.

Brett, that's amazing detail in that shot.

Would you mind telling me what your basic layout of functions is? Are you using LR4? The only day I have used twas yesterday at midday. The lighting was terrible. And that eye sensor sure is sensitive.

Thanks! Sure, that would be no problem. What would you like to know? How I have the buttons and myset programmed, or something else? And, yes, I use LR4. Many times this is the only thing I do to my E-M5 images, but I also bring them in to PS5 and use Nik filters from time to time.

Fantastic shot Brett! That fisheye looks gret. Do you use the SCP most of the time? And what's your take on Mysets ans how do you switch between them? Thanks for all of your help. One thing that is just phenomenal is the IBIS. I tried a Nikon 100 f2.8 with adapter and the stabilization is soooo nice.

Alright Brett, I finally got a little time to use my new OM-D tonight. I was using the 12-50 and a Nikon 100 f2.8. On my Nex 7 whenever I use legacy lenses I really miss the stabilization. Now with the Oly the IBIS is just awesome. I so smooth just like a steadycam. The only thing I'm not sure about on the IBIS is setting the length. Do I have to set the focal length for the IBIS everytime I change lenses?

Oly OM-D and 12-50 in Macro Mode

In Bloom by Harry Shields, on Flickr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter