Photo Sharing: Mirrorless

Thats funny that you noticed them in the background. Halle was drinking her ICEE.

ff_1030082_3_4_5_6_fused.jpg

Outside of Flying Fish.
All with Panasonic G3
7-14

pirates2_1020760.jpg

"It's Captain Jack Sparrow I be after!"
25 f/1.4

bw_1020795_6_7_8_9_fused_bal.jpg

Rainy night at Boardwalk.
12-35

morocco_1030207_08_09_10_11_fused.jpg

Rainy night at Morocco (a lot of rainy nights on this trip).
12-35

Hey Bob, those are really nice photos!!!!

Thanks! Your kitty looks really good, is that with a 45 f/1.8? And after seeing your fisheye photos I now have to buy one of those lenses too. :(

At least with micro 4/3 we can carry a lot of lenses without a lot of weight. On our last trip (last week) I normally had a 7-14, 12-35 and 45-175 with me and still didn't feel loaded down. :)

Mike, come on! It's just a little m4/3 camera :-) Seriously, it's one heck of a camera with super fast focus(S-AF). I wish tracking was good on CDAF.

Bob, I would love to have that 7-14. I shot the cat with the Pana Leica 25. I find it really sharp @1.4. Bokeh is also great. I never would have thought I'd pay $500 for a used prime lens, especially m4/3. I sold my Nikon mount fisheye so I need to pick up the m4/3 mount Rokinon. I love that I can carry the OMD and stick other lenses in my pockets like the 45. For my upcoming Disney trip it's going to be nice to carry such a light load.

The only thing I'm not used to is the 4:3 format. I've been shooting 3:2 for a while now. I shoot RAW so I'll have to crop for 4x6 prints for our WDW photo books. Right? What are your opinions on the format? How large have you printed from m4/3?

Mike, come on! It's just a little m4/3 camera :-) Seriously, it's one heck of a camera with super fast focus(S-AF). I wish tracking was good on CDAF.

Bob, I would love to have that 7-14. I shot the cat with the Pana Leica 25. I find it really sharp @1.4. Bokeh is also great. I never would have thought I'd pay $500 for a used prime lens, especially m4/3. I sold my Nikon mount fisheye so I need to pick up the m4/3 mount Rokinon. I love that I can carry the OMD and stick other lenses in my pockets like the 45. For my upcoming Disney trip it's going to be nice to carry such a light load.

The only thing I'm not used to is the 4:3 format. I've been shooting 3:2 for a while now. I shoot RAW so I'll have to crop for 4x6 prints for our WDW photo books. Right? What are your opinions on the format? How large have you printed from m4/3?

I didnt know you sold your fisheye, was that the fisheye you used on your Next7?

Mike, I was using a nikon mount fisheye with an adapter. When I tried it on the OMD I couldnt get it to focus at all. I'm going to get a m4/3 mount one before WDW. I cant go without a fisheye.

How about some Jeckyll & Hyde bugs from this weekend? A little light side and dark side, with my NEX-5N and 55-210mm lens + 1.7x teleextender...

Here are the light and happy bug shots:
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

And here are the dark and creepy nightmare bug shots:
original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

And to answer your question: Yes, the spider IS as big as your outstretched hand, and yes, his web IS as big as a soccer net!

Mike, I was using a nikon mount fisheye with an adapter. When I tried it on the OMD I couldnt get it to focus at all. I'm going to get a m4/3 mount one before WDW. I cant go without a fisheye.

Well that stinks! Will you be able to adapt the new one you are getting onto your Nex?

How about some Jeckyll & Hyde bugs from this weekend? A little light side and dark side, with my NEX-5N and 55-210mm lens + 1.7x teleextender...

And to answer your question: Yes, the spider IS as big as your outstretched hand, and yes, his web IS as big as a soccer net!

Great shots Zackiedawg :thumbsup2. What lens did you use for those shots? I have a Tamron 70-300mm and I notice I get a lot of purple fringe taking shots like these.

Thank you.

That was with the eMount SEL55-210mm lens and a teleextender. The lens itself is very good at controlling PF - I'm not 100% sure if there isn't a little in-camera correction with some of the emount lenses that might help control CA/PF even more, but looking close I don't see too many telltale signs of removed PF, so I think the lens does a pretty good job of avoiding it.

Justin, those shots are just WOW! I dont think I've ever seen such consistantly awesome wildlife shots. I'm always amazed. I want that TE. You make me wonder why I would ever need a large tele lens.

Mike, I havent picked up the Nex since getting the OMD. Mainly because it focuses super fast even in dim light and accurate. I also have the Pana 25 f1.4 that is just fantastic. With the Nex I mainly use manual focus lenses. The Rokinon FE lens is a m4/3 mount so it will mount directly to the omd no adapter. I love having stabilization for ALL lenses. The nex doesn't.

I would like to get a fisheye but the most common one is a 7.5mm and I already have a nice 7-14. However, the fisheye gets 180 degrees while the 7-14 "only" goes to 114. Now how am I gonna' let DW know that I need another lens? ;)

Hey Bob, good luck with the wife. The fisheye is one of my favorite lenses. I used it more than my Tokina 11-16 when I went to WDW a few months ago. When I got home I sold the Tokina because it was just sitting on the shelf and I only used it in WDW. The Rokinon fisheyes are really sharp and you can use PP now to defish. I cant see carrying both for my own use. Whenever I'm at WDW I find myself keeping the fisheye on at least half of the time. I also use it for on ride self shots with the kids.

Bob, do you have any tele lenses? I just bought a used 40-150 which should be here Saturday.

Thank you.

That was with the eMount SEL55-210mm lens and a teleextender. The lens itself is very good at controlling PF - I'm not 100% sure if there isn't a little in-camera correction with some of the emount lenses that might help control CA/PF even more, but looking close I don't see too many telltale signs of removed PF, so I think the lens does a pretty good job of avoiding it.

That lens does a really well job with that. Mine isnt the greatest and is really the Tamron entry level since I was try to keep it cheap. I def need to invest in a better quality one down the road.

Justin, those shots are just WOW! I dont think I've ever seen such consistantly awesome wildlife shots. I'm always amazed. I want that TE. You make me wonder why I would ever need a large tele lens.

Mike, I havent picked up the Nex since getting the OMD. Mainly because it focuses super fast even in dim light and accurate. I also have the Pana 25 f1.4 that is just fantastic. With the Nex I mainly use manual focus lenses. The Rokinon FE lens is a m4/3 mount so it will mount directly to the omd no adapter. I love having stabilization for ALL lenses. The nex doesn't.

Sony Nex7 move down the bench :rotfl2: Looking like has gone from you starting lineup to now being your backup lol. You think you will end up selling it now?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter