Photo Sharing: Mirrorless

Discussion in 'Photography Board' started by Pea-n-Me, Jun 5, 2012.

1. HPS3

HPS3 Disney Fanatic

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Hockeyman

Hockeyman It's not a purse, it's called a satchel. Indiana J

Nice shot Harry :thumbsup2 The CM look super excited to be in a picture and I can see your family patiently waiting for you to take the shot. My family would have kept on walking :rotfl2:

4. HPS3

HPS3 Disney Fanatic

Thats funny that you noticed them in the background. Halle was drinking her ICEE.

5. boBQuincy

boBQuincy <font color=green>I am not carrying three pods<br>

[​IMG]
    Outside of Flying Fish.
    All with Panasonic G3
    7-14

[​IMG]
    "It's Captain Jack Sparrow I be after!"
    25 f/1.4

[​IMG]
    Rainy night at Boardwalk.
    12-35

[​IMG]
    Rainy night at Morocco (a lot of rainy nights on this trip).
    12-35

6. HPS3

HPS3 Disney Fanatic

7. Hockeyman

Well I can see the Oly is def a camera to be taken seriously :)

8. boBQuincy

Thanks! Your kitty looks really good, is that with a 45 f/1.8? And after seeing your fisheye photos I now have to buy one of those lenses too. :(

At least with micro 4/3 we can carry a lot of lenses without a lot of weight. On our last trip (last week) I normally had a 7-14, 12-35 and 45-175 with me and still didn't feel loaded down. :)

9. HPS3

HPS3 Disney Fanatic

Mike, come on! It's just a little m4/3 camera :-) Seriously, it's one heck of a camera with super fast focus(S-AF). I wish tracking was good on CDAF.

Bob, I would love to have that 7-14. I shot the cat with the Pana Leica 25. I find it really sharp @1.4. Bokeh is also great. I never would have thought I'd pay $500 for a used prime lens, especially m4/3. I sold my Nikon mount fisheye so I need to pick up the m4/3 mount Rokinon. I love that I can carry the OMD and stick other lenses in my pockets like the 45. For my upcoming Disney trip it's going to be nice to carry such a light load.

The only thing I'm not used to is the 4:3 format. I've been shooting 3:2 for a while now. I shoot RAW so I'll have to crop for 4x6 prints for our WDW photo books. Right? What are your opinions on the format? How large have you printed from m4/3?

10. HPS3

HPS3 Disney Fanatic

11. Hockeyman

I didnt know you sold your fisheye, was that the fisheye you used on your Next7?

12. HPS3

HPS3 Disney Fanatic

Mike, I was using a nikon mount fisheye with an adapter. When I tried it on the OMD I couldnt get it to focus at all. I'm going to get a m4/3 mount one before WDW. I cant go without a fisheye.

13. zackiedawg

zackiedawg WEDway Peoplemover Rider

How about some Jeckyll & Hyde bugs from this weekend? A little light side and dark side, with my NEX-5N and 55-210mm lens + 1.7x teleextender...

Here are the light and happy bug shots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here are the dark and creepy nightmare bug shots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And to answer your question: Yes, the spider IS as big as your outstretched hand, and yes, his web IS as big as a soccer net!

14. Hockeyman

Well that stinks! Will you be able to adapt the new one you are getting onto your Nex?

15. Hockeyman

Great shots Zackiedawg :thumbsup2. What lens did you use for those shots? I have a Tamron 70-300mm and I notice I get a lot of purple fringe taking shots like these.

16. zackiedawg

zackiedawg WEDway Peoplemover Rider

Thank you.

That was with the eMount SEL55-210mm lens and a teleextender. The lens itself is very good at controlling PF - I'm not 100% sure if there isn't a little in-camera correction with some of the emount lenses that might help control CA/PF even more, but looking close I don't see too many telltale signs of removed PF, so I think the lens does a pretty good job of avoiding it.

17. HPS3

HPS3 Disney Fanatic

Justin, those shots are just WOW! I dont think I've ever seen such consistantly awesome wildlife shots. I'm always amazed. I want that TE. You make me wonder why I would ever need a large tele lens.

Mike, I havent picked up the Nex since getting the OMD. Mainly because it focuses super fast even in dim light and accurate. I also have the Pana 25 f1.4 that is just fantastic. With the Nex I mainly use manual focus lenses. The Rokinon FE lens is a m4/3 mount so it will mount directly to the omd no adapter. I love having stabilization for ALL lenses. The nex doesn't.

18. boBQuincy

I would like to get a fisheye but the most common one is a 7.5mm and I already have a nice 7-14. However, the fisheye gets 180 degrees while the 7-14 "only" goes to 114. Now how am I gonna' let DW know that I need another lens? ;)

19. HPS3

HPS3 Disney Fanatic

Hey Bob, good luck with the wife. The fisheye is one of my favorite lenses. I used it more than my Tokina 11-16 when I went to WDW a few months ago. When I got home I sold the Tokina because it was just sitting on the shelf and I only used it in WDW. The Rokinon fisheyes are really sharp and you can use PP now to defish. I cant see carrying both for my own use. Whenever I'm at WDW I find myself keeping the fisheye on at least half of the time. I also use it for on ride self shots with the kids.

Bob, do you have any tele lenses? I just bought a used 40-150 which should be here Saturday.

20. Hockeyman

That lens does a really well job with that. Mine isnt the greatest and is really the Tamron entry level since I was try to keep it cheap. I def need to invest in a better quality one down the road.

21. Hockeyman

Sony Nex7 move down the bench :rotfl2: Looking like has gone from you starting lineup to now being your backup lol. You think you will end up selling it now?