Photo Sharing: Mirrorless

Pea-n-Me

DIS Veteran
Show us your mirrorless shots!

Please list what you're using for those considering purchase.

P1010071n-1.jpg

Olympus PEN E-PL1 w/ 14-54 Kit Lens

Sony NEX-5N, 18-55mm kit lens:
original.jpg

with SEL55-210mm lens:
original.jpg

With 18-55mm kit lens:
original.jpg

With 55-210mm lens and 1.7x extender:
original.jpg

With 55-210mm lens:
original.jpg

With Konica Hexanon 40mm F1.8 manual focus lens, ISO6400:
original.jpg

Pea-n-Me, you beat me to the thread. Great shot to start it off!

Mike, I actually prefer that shot over the castle background.

Street Artists by Harry Shields, on Flickr

Sony Nex 7 + LA-EA2 + Tokina 11-16 f2.8

I may have posted this before but it's one of my favorites. My home town, NOLA.

Justin, I was thinking of selling my Tokina and using the money to buy an A body just for Stabilization. I've changed my mind and want to try the 55-210 Emount or the Sigma 70-300 with OS. What would your recommendation be? What are your thoughts on focus speed? (continuous)

All you guys with the NEX cameras are really making me second guess my decision to get the A55 back in Feb lol. Pictures all look crystal clear sharp and perfect coloring.

Harry, I do like this one better also but wish I got the front part of the balloon cluster as sharp as the back part. New Orleans looks like such an amazingly photogenic place, one day ill make it out there.

My biscuits are burning by Mike Sperduto, on Flickr

This photo I used the Sony 55-200mm kit lens, which I am looking to replace with something here in the future. Looking at the
Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 Di LD. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations?

I am still familiarizing myself with the camera.

Techically it's my son's :teeth: but I'm having fun using it, too.

Mike, I've seem some good reviews on the new Tamron 70-300 I think DiII. That would be my first choice but it doesn't have VC. Thats the weakest part of the Nex. I guess it's not a weakness if you use Emount lenses with the OSS built in. I guess Sony kept the IBIS out to keep the size of the Nex down? I could add an A body, but I could NEVER give up the Nex. At home, my Nex sits with a Minolta 50 f1.4 mounted at all times. I don't think I could own another camera without Focus Peaking unless it's a second body. FP is soooo nice, even Pentax is putting it in their new bodies (K01 & K30).

Mike, I've seem some good reviews on the new Tamron 70-300 I think DiII. That would be my first choice but it doesn't have VC. Thats the weakest part of the Nex. I guess it's not a weakness if you use Emount lenses with the OSS built in. I guess Sony kept the IBIS out to keep the size of the Nex down? I could add an A body, but I could NEVER give up the Nex. At home, my Nex sits with a Minolta 50 f1.4 mounted at all times. I don't think I could own another camera without Focus Peaking unless it's a second body. FP is soooo nice, even Pentax is putting it in their new bodies (K01 & K30).

I was looking at the Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.0-5.6 Di LD which goes for about $199. The Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 SP Di is what I think you are talking about and goes for about $400. May have to hold off for a little while if I decide on the more expensive one. Think its worth double the price?

Lobby of the Hollywood Tower Hotel Oly E-PM1 & 45mm lens ISO 800 f/2 1/20 sec hand held with IS on

050812WDW010-L.jpg

roe_1000943t.jpg

This is not the greatest fireworks photo ever *but* that it was taken with a monopod at 2 seconds shows the steadiness of mirrorless cameras and stabilization!

Libby by Harry Shields, on Flickr

This the Nex 7 and Rokinon 85 f1.4 @1.4. Trying to get focus manually on an 85 is kinda tuff. I find at 1.4 its kind of soft and low contrast. I edited in LR3 and Topaz Adjust.

Some from our trip in December to WDW. Olympus E-PL2 with the m.zuiko 14-150mm lens.

i-fjHbLsv-L.jpg

i-X4STdxr-L.jpg

i-qVHDFbk-L.jpg

i-p2GKWt3-L.jpg

i-qhjV6Ft-L.jpg

i-wFNJGj7-L.jpg

i-TmpBSX8-L.jpg

A couple of examples with the dramatic tone filter:

i-bv9GV65-L.jpg

i-HMzRb3L-L.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter