• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Photo Sharing: Mirrorless

Hey Bob, good luck with the wife. The fisheye is one of my favorite lenses. I used it more than my Tokina 11-16 when I went to WDW a few months ago. When I got home I sold the Tokina because it was just sitting on the shelf and I only used it in WDW. The Rokinon fisheyes are really sharp and you can use PP now to defish. I cant see carrying both for my own use. Whenever I'm at WDW I find myself keeping the fisheye on at least half of the time. I also use it for on ride self shots with the kids.

Bob, do you have any tele lenses? I just bought a used 40-150 which should be here Saturday.

I totally agree with Harry about the fisheye, a great lens and fun to shoot with and once I got the hang of the manual focus was able to get some tack sharp pictures out of it. Bob there is always covert missions to smuggle new lenses into your camera bag with out the wife knowing, not that I have done anything of the sort myself :lmao:

Bob there is always covert missions to smuggle new lenses into your camera bag with out the wife knowing, not that I have done anything of the sort myself :lmao:

That surfaced on our trip last week when DW noticed my "14-42 kit lens" was not the same as hers, mine had magically morphed into Panasonic's 12-35! It's a nice lens that is sharp even wide open (this image is at f/4).

ca_falls_1030165_6_7_8_9_fused.jpg

Bob, thats funny. My wife's at the point she doesn't even ask anymore. When I bought the OMD, she thought it was my old Minolta SRT. Its funny that one person has already asked why I still shot film (OMD). LOL! I like the 12-50 kit lens but its so darn slow.

That surfaced on our trip last week when DW noticed my "14-42 kit lens" was not the same as hers, mine had magically morphed into Panasonic's 12-35! It's a nice lens that is sharp even wide open (this image is at f/4).

ca_falls_1030165_6_7_8_9_fused.jpg

lol busted :confused3

Bob, thats funny. My wife's at the point she doesn't even ask anymore. When I bought the OMD, she thought it was my old Minolta SRT. Its funny that one person has already asked why I still shot film (OMD). LOL! I like the 12-50 kit lens but its so darn slow.

Im fortunate that my wife doesn't have a clue what is what in my camera bag so im able to turn in James Bond with my stuff lol. I do tell her though when I sell a lens and use that to upgrade to a new.

This is a friend of mine working a detail on Bourbon St. This is where the smaller mirrorless cameras come in handy. I was shooting waist high and the shutter is soooo quiet on the OM-D that he didnt even notice.

On Duty by Harry Shields, on Flickr

The shot of my friend was taken with the Pana Leica 25 @ 1.4. The out of focus look on his face is due to motion blur (1/50). The OM-D actually focuses really fast in this street light or any low light for that matter. I also find that I can get a good amount of bokeh with the m4/3 which was a worry with the smaller sensor.

The shot of my friend was taken with the Pana Leica 25 @ 1.4. The out of focus look on his face is due to motion blur (1/50). The OM-D actually focuses really fast in this street light or any low light for that matter. I also find that I can get a good amount of bokeh with the m4/3 which was a worry with the smaller sensor.

Some great pictures you are getting with that camera :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter