• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Photo pass Plus: what you get...

We are just back from our Disney vacation and LOVED the PhotoPassPlus!! We feel it totally paid for itself. We live in Canada and it only took 4 days for our package to arrive~one of our best prepaid souvenirs!

We added our CRT pictures to our PP+ account by using the numbers on the hard copy they gave us at the meal. How many meals with pictures are you planning on attending? If it is only CRT and/or Akerhus, then it wouldn't be worth it since you will be receiving the hard copy already with the price of the meal. If you had any other meals planned with pictures and you were planning on buying those, would it come close to the $70?

Each package at the other restaurants is about $32, so 2 meals would just about cover it.

I remember- will they take a picture with your camera at 1900 park faire? I definitely want a picture there because I'm making step sister costumes for my girls, but since it's really the only picture I want if they'll take a couple with my camera I won't upgrade to plus. If not I will and enjoy a few ride photos too I guess.

Well, I just placed my order for PP+! Super excited to have this on our upcoming trip!! Any advice/tips from those more familiar with this? We've never done the PP thing before. Thanks!

mykidsrock76 said:
Well, I just placed my order for PP+! Super excited to have this on our upcoming trip!! Any advice/tips from those more familiar with this? We've never done the PP thing before. Thanks!

Best advice is stop and take family photos with at every scenic spot. And ask for Magic shots too. :)

I'm considering upgrading to PP+ for my upcoming trip. Quick question: Are there PP photographers available to take pictures during character meals? To clarify, I'm talking about as the characters come around to each table, not just at the front.

No there are not. The only photopass at character meals is the spot in the lobby area. When the characters come around, you are on your own. Or if you ask really nicely their handler or your server may assist with your camera. Or get friendly with your neighbor and ask them. The character meals are crazy enough, imagine a photographer trying to follow the character around, get in front of them to take the picture, then hand the card back to the table, all while having to get in front the character for the next picture. Just can't see it happening with the speed the characters often seem to move through the restaurant.

Hi I am just a little bit confused about photo pass plus and want to check that I have this correct. We will be at WDW for 3 days then we will leave and return about 13 days later. For the first 3 days I can add meal photos and ride photos along with character photos and magic photos in the parks. When we come back in 13 days I can only add character photos and magic photos for the next 4 days of our trip. Is this correct ? I cannot change the dates of our trips and move them closer together due to a conference my husband has to go to.
Thanks for your help.

Hi I am just a little bit confused about photo pass plus and want to check that I have this correct. We will be at WDW for 3 days then we will leave and return about 13 days later. For the first 3 days I can add meal photos and ride photos along with character photos and magic photos in the parks. When we come back in 13 days I can only add character photos and magic photos for the next 4 days of our trip. Is this correct ? I cannot change the dates of our trips and move them closer together due to a conference my husband has to go to.
Thanks for your help.

I believe the photopass + card is only good for 14 days. So if you are comming back after skipping 13 days it will not be good. Now you will still be able to add regular photopass cards to your account at that time. If you want to do the + either have all your character meals at the beginning or end of your trip.

Denise in MI

I believe the photopass + card is only good for 14 days. So if you are coming back after skipping 13 days it will not be good. Now you will still be able to add regular photopass cards to your account at that time. If you want to do the + either have all your character meals at the beginning or end of your trip.

Denise in MI

That's exactly what AussieNSW said.

Can anyone confirm they have been able to use the plus option w/ multiple family members by taking a picture w/ their cell phone? We are travelling w/ a large group (9 families) and would like to be able to use this option.
We are on our way home now after a week at WDW. Yes, it does work taking a picture of your PhotoPass+ with your cell phone. We did it a couple places. We did have a problem at one place, but they did end up doing it. You will need to make sure that your phone enlarges pictures though. The image needs to be bigger for the scanner the cashier cast member uses to read it.

ETA-sorry I didn't respond to your PM! The internet was working intermittently at best, so wasn't on the computer a whole lot while there!

Thanks for your help.

PhotoPass plus is good for 14 days from the time you pick it up.

Hello, all! This is my first post here on any of the threads (although I've been stalking them all week!), and I think after catching up on this one, this is the place for me to ask for some clarification! :goodvibes
We leave for WDW in 18 days (DD3 first trip!). I am planning on pre-ordering the PP+ since we are doing most of the character meals included in the package. I just want to make sure I understand how this works...pics will be taken prior to the meal with characters and at that point I can give them my PP+ card? Also, will they only add the pictures to my card or will I receive copies of them while at the meal? I read on a DL board (there by mistake!) that PP+ members were given hard copies of the photos with no additional charge as well as the photos added to their PP+ card.

Also, I understand there are 30 days to claim your pictures from the card. Am I correct in assuming that I probably should not log on to my PP account and view my pictures until after I return home so as to not run the clock out on my 30 days? Unless of course I plan on ordering my CD within a week or so of returning? :confused3

Thank you so much for any and all help/clarification you can give!:)

I could be wrong, but I don't think that any of the pictures you get taken at the character meals include the characters; they're just taken in front of a backdrop. At CRT and one other one (Akershus, I think) a photo package is included in the price, so at those you would get hard copies of the pictures in addition to having the pictures added to your PhotoPass account, but at the others I assume the pictures would just get added to your account.

siskaren said:
I could be wrong, but I don't think that any of the pictures you get taken at the character meals include the characters; they're just taken in front of a backdrop. At CRT and one other one (Akershus, I think) a photo package is included in the price, so at those you would get hard copies of the pictures in addition to having the pictures added to your PhotoPass account, but at the others I assume the pictures would just get added to your account.

Tuskerhouse has Donald duck, CRT has Cinderella, akershus has belle, 1900 PF, HDDR and ohana have no one.

That's exactly what AussieNSW said.

Yes and she also stated she wanted to make sure she is correct. I also suggested she move ADR's to keep the + one in one place if she deceided to get the +.

Your post contribues what?:confused3

Denise in MI

I ordered our PP+ late Sunday evening and it just arrived - super quick!

Everything is in order - PP+ voucher attached to the outside to exchange for our PP+ card, inside (yes, I broke the seal :eek: :teeth: ) is our voucher for the CD and a CD containing the Disney gallery shots.

I have a couple of questions ....

I read that when you exchange your PP+ voucher to get your card, you get a lanyard with it. Is that correct or just wishful thinking?

How does the whole 'magic shots' work. Do we ask the PP to do one, do they offer them randomly, do we get a choice :confused3

I'm debating on whether or not to get the plain Jane PP or the PP+. We've never done PP before, so i'm a newbie to it. This trip it will only be me and DBF, so I feel it's a necessity to purchase it this trip since I want pictures of us together. We will only be eating at one of the restaurants included (Chef Mickey's) but i'm sure we will ride all of the rides. I know everyone's opinion is different, but do you guys think the + will be worth the extra moolah, or should we just stick with the regular?

Also, I plan on prepaying, but do they ever offer a promo code or any other discounts? I'm assuming not, but i'm a poor college student and can't help but ask!

I ordered our PP+ late Sunday evening and it just arrived - super quick!

Everything is in order - PP+ voucher attached to the outside to exchange for our PP+ card, inside (yes, I broke the seal :eek: :teeth: ) is our voucher for the CD and a CD containing the Disney gallery shots.

I have a couple of questions ....

I read that when you exchange your PP+ voucher to get your card, you get a lanyard with it. Is that correct or just wishful thinking?

How does the whole 'magic shots' work. Do we ask the PP to do one, do they offer them randomly, do we get a choice :confused3

Check out this site to find out everything about magic shots:

http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/

I'm debating on whether or not to get the plain Jane PP or the PP+. We've never done PP before, so i'm a newbie to it. This trip it will only be me and DBF, so I feel it's a necessity to purchase it this trip since I want pictures of us together. We will only be eating at one of the restaurants included (Chef Mickey's) but i'm sure we will ride all of the rides. I know everyone's opinion is different, but do you guys think the + will be worth the extra moolah, or should we just stick with the regular?

Also, I plan on prepaying, but do they ever offer a promo code or any other discounts? I'm assuming not, but i'm a poor college student and can't help but ask!

Since the difference between the pre-purchase price on the regular and the plus is $50, you would basically need to get more than $50 worth of ride and meal photos to make it worth it. Since the Chef Mickey's picture costs $30, you would only need 2 ride pictures to get more than $50 (since the ride photos are $15 each), so you could easily get your money's worth.

As far as I know, the pre-purchase discount is the best deal you're going to get.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter