• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Petals & Pixie Dust Planning Journal 11/30/2009/2010

So, 10 days before we leave for our 1 day at the POP and 3 days on DCL! Can't wait. Mom and I are going to check out the WP. She will love it when she sees it! (at least I hope) I'm also hoping that there aren't any weddings that day so that we can get in and look around! :rolleyes1 I can't wait to get to Franck's and check that out too. I'll post pics when I return. I think this is the closest we will get to a PS.

I'm sitting here waiting for my travel documents to get here. The waiting part is the part that sucks the most!:rolleyes:

Late to your PJ but catching up. I'm a 2010 bride as well planning an escape wedding!! :thumbsup2 subbing

Hi! Thanks for subbing!

We (DF, mom, dad, & me) leave for DCL on Wed. We will be stopping at WDW the night before we embark. I'm planning on heading to Franck's and WP to show my mom. The boys are gonna go hit the golf course! I'll come back with pictures. I think this is the closest I'll get to a PS, but it will do. I can't wait for my mom to see it all and have it come to life for her. She saw some pictures not too long ago and was impressed. I'm sure this will seal the deal. :banana:

See ya real soon!

Hey,

I have only just found your PJ.

I am loving it, you have made me laugh and get teary but most of all you have made me realise that every bride has the same problems with guests/families when planning a wedding!!

why do they always feel that they need to express their opinion and think that they are the only people that matter not the bride and groom whose wedding it is!!

Thats my rant over!!

Look forward to hearing more!!!!!!!

...?

Are you waiting until after you get back from your trip to update?? How selfish of you!!! :laughing:

...?

Are you waiting until after you get back from your trip to update?? How selfish of you!!! :laughing:

I'M BACK! It was a whirlwind of a trip! Word of advise...-don't do DCL for just 3 days. It's not enough!
Sorry, I waited until now to post. MY PICTURES AREN'T EVEN UPLOADED! but I wanted to drop in and say hi and give you the highlights.

We got to the POP on Wed., checked in, got "Just Engaged" pins, ate lunch and promptly sent the boys to the golf course. Mom and I headed to the WP and Franck's. This is a great story and I really want to devote the time and pictures to it...I'm so tired right now I can't even type! LOL...
The following morning we got up...DF got me the most wonderful gift!
Thursday through Sunday were spent on DCL. The best part of the trip for me was the time DF and I spent kayaking in the ocean sans parents. It was wonderful (sorry no pics :sad2: forgot to purchase a water proof camera...)
Came home today. Had a little snaffu with our flights (Delta cancelled all flights and we didn't have a flight out until 3/3!!! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: ) We found flights and made it home, but are now taking care of all of the paperwork to get re-imbursed :surfweb: Keep your fingers crossed we get our flight money back! I'm sure we will...but a little extra pixie dust here would help.

We came home, unpacked, I just finished homework, stopped in to say hi and now it is off to bed. I'll start working on my "Escape PS" Journal<-for those reading that don't know...As an Escape bride you don't get a PS. Since my mom and I were going to be down there I wanted to make sure that she got the opportunity to check it all out.

More later
G'Nite!

I didnt know escape brides don't get PS! I was hoping for one.
Now I am definitely looking forward to your PJ!! I dont knwow here to do my surprise VR for DF!!

:wizard: best of luck in getting back your money! I wish I had the ability to go on a Escape PS.. haha

It worked out nicely. Thank you for the luck:shamrock: I think we will be ok...but a little extra never hurt.

I didnt know escape brides don't get PS! I was hoping for one.
Now I am definitely looking forward to your PJ!! I dont knwow here to do my surprise VR for DF!!

As an Escape you get 2 30 minute phone calls.
We only looked at the WP...there were a number of little details that were perfect...You'll see why in my later posts.:goodvibes

We were up early...too early. 3 AM comes really early, but DF and I were up at 2:30 obviously-too excited to sleep! :goodvibes We got ready in lightening speed and gathered our stuff, shoved it into the car and were off to my parents house by way of Tim Horton's. If DF doesn't have his coffee he looks a little like this pirate:
Once we got to my parents house we needed to get my parents luggage tags on. My mom didn't understand the whole sticky tag thing :confused3 I'm sure my father would have had he taken the time, but roles reversed a little on this trip and I suddenly felt like I had 2 children :rotfl: We got into a friend's car and ZOOM...off to the airport. Now, this woman usually has a lead foot, but for some reason she was doing the speed limit. My MOM (who hates it when the driver of a car let's their inner teenager out) wanted to know why she was going so slow!!! :rotfl2:
As we pulled into the airport my mom says, " Do we have my carry on?" Mind you, all of our luggage looks the same...UM we think so. Oh no! Her medications and this and that are in there! OK So family friend says we have plenty of time, if I need to go back, I'll go back no worries! :hug: Needless to say, mom's carry on was in the trunk we were all set.

Check in went smoothly. No problems with TSA. We board and we are in the back of the of the plane. Last row. Now, we had 2 6'4" boys with us...This was the most uncomfortable flight ever! :crowded: Never-the-less we got to Atlanta a little stiff, but we were 1/2 way there.
Our plane ride from Atlanta to MCO was much bigger and much more comfy.

Once we got into MCO we had a small issue getting to the Magical Express spot. We walked from A to B...then down the stairs at B...So, mental note. ME on B first floor. I was starting to get nervous...Was the whole trip going to be this scatter brained??? *gulp* :rolleyes:

The ride to the POP was uneventful. However, there was this one guy. You know that one guy that you just want to turn around to and say SHUT UP! He was loud and annoying. His commentary was the equivalent of Cousin Eddie from National Lampoons Family Vacation! Need I say more? :rotfl: Luckily he got off Caribbean Beach.

We got to the desk to check in. My TA was supposed to fax ahead and make sure there were birthday buttons for mom and dad and engagement buttons for DF and me. Our front desk guy didn't give them to us and I was bummed. We went over to where mom and dad were checking in and their front desk girl asked if it was their first trip (they said yes, but they have been to disney before-this was their first time on grounds-) Then they asked if they were celebrating anything, they said yes and got their birthday buttons. I asked if we got buttons too and she asked if we were celebrating anything. I said we were just recently engaged and we got "Just Engaged" buttons.
[INSERT PIC HERE]

I MADE mom, dad, and DF put their buttons on and proudly wore mine. :cloud9:

Next up...Mom and I send DF and Dad to the golf course while we hit the WP!

I am so enjoying your journal/posts. I do not know what led me to it I guess the thought of a Disney Wedding just thrills me! I have been married 11 years and celebrated my 10th wedding anni at WDW...several months after we married we visited WDW ad I said boy we should have honeymooned here (never imagining a wedding there)!
I wanted to say it will be MAGICAL! And your parents are AWESOME...mine did not have much to do with planning mine and I can only imagine how hard it is to work together but it will be memories for life. Any dress you pick will be beautiful...you look very elegant in them all! Cannot wait for more!:wizard:

I am so enjoying your journal/posts. I do not know what led me to it I guess the thought of a Disney Wedding just thrills me! I have been married 11 years and celebrated my 10th wedding anni at WDW...several months after we married we visited WDW ad I said boy we should have honeymooned here (never imagining a wedding there)!
I wanted to say it will be MAGICAL! And your parents are AWESOME...mine did not have much to do with planning mine and I can only imagine how hard it is to work together but it will be memories for life. Any dress you pick will be beautiful...you look very elegant in them all! Cannot wait for more!:wizard:

Hi! Thanks for reading & I'm glad you're enjoying it! I'm having a great time planning and jotting down my story! There is more to come-promise!

So, we get our stuff and go to mom and dad's room. Our room wasn't ready yet, but we were next door in the connecting room. We were told to call ahead to see if the room was ready. Ok let's get this straight right now...I don't follow directions well and both DF and I are curious. So, we see where the room is connected and try the door. The door opens, it's clean, bed is made...what do they mean they aren't ready. We left everything in mom and dad's room and sent the boys to the golf course. Mom and I headed to the WP by way of bus and then ferry. It was hard to be so close to MK and NOT go in. Yup...You heard me right-we didn't go in!!! Honestly, it was crazy to spend $75/person for a few hours at the park...but still that took some serious will power.

Anyway, I was worried that there would be a wedding going on. I kept explaining to my mother that we will get to see the WP as long as there isn't a wedding. I think I was telling her this more so that I could hear it and talk myself into thinking that I wasn't going to get inside. We followed the path around. My mother was in aw of the grounds. They were beautiful. As we continued along the path we saw this
IMG_3240.jpg

What a beautiful sight it was! I think this is when everything started to become real. I feel sometimes that when I go to a bridal show or something that I'm missing something. This visit brought everything together.

We still didn't know if there was a wedding, but when we got closure we saw this
IMG_3243.jpg

WOOOHOOO! No weddings! :banana: I told mom we would be able to walk into the WP and she was a little floored by this. She was shocked that they would just leave it open. When we got to the doors we saw the carpet
IMG_3261.jpg
and we got ready to open the doors...

Eeeee, the suspense!!!!!! How exciting!! :) Great TR so far!! :)

I figured that I had to make it suspenseful. More b/c I really wanted to write something and just haven't had the time to sit and really write. More to come this week...Spring Break! I have a To Do List a mile long...but this is at the top, right next to update resume and find a job! :scared1:

I figured that I had to make it suspenseful. More b/c I really wanted to write something and just haven't had the time to sit and really write. More to come this week...Spring Break! I have a To Do List a mile long...but this is at the top, right next to update resume and find a job! :scared1:
Haha, glad its at the top!! I got so excited when I saw you had posted!!

Come on updates!!!!

(Seriously though, enjoy spring break and we can wait...kinda :lmao:)

This was my favorite part of the whole trip.
I've written earlier in this journal that my mom seems to be more pre-occupied with us getting gifts and that I sometimes feel like I'm pulled in 2 directions; wanting a Disney wedding and then all of those other people that think the Disney thing is great but think we should really do something at home. :rolleyes: As suggested, I always put these on :cool2: and stay focused on what I want-A Disney wedding.

*Please note, my photography skills in these photos suck. It's bad, really bad. None of these are straight. This was all nerves. Excitement, panic, happiness, all of it...So, I apologize in advance for butchering the pics!*

So, anyway, we open the doors and walk into this...
IMG_3251.jpg

I'm pretty sure that for a nano second my heart stopped. You see this in other peoples PJ's, TR's and websites but nothing can really prepare you for what it feels like to walk in for the first time. DF and I have always admired the WP from a distance, but I had always been afraid to ask him to go in. So, here is my mom and I at the entry way. After that nano second heart stop thing, and we managed to scoop our jaws off the floor she said, "This is beautiful." She just kept saying how beautiful it was and how clean it was and that pictures don't do it justice. She just kept saying these things over and over again. She mentioned that she wished my dad could see it b/c he would have cried. I told him he could save the tears for my wedding day and that I'm glad that her and I got to see the WP together.
We walked up the aisle and got to the alter

IMG_3252.jpg

This is going to sound weird, but I felt like I belonged. The atmosphere was warm, welcoming and totally comfortable. It is the right place to be. My mom obviously felt this too b/c she was still in total awe of the place.
We are standing at the alter looking at the doors
IMG_3253.jpg

and my mom says, "This is it. This is where you are going to get married. I don't care if your dad and I are the only ones there from our side of the family. This is perfect." Now, as an adult one would think you don't need that validation from your mom. I needed this. I needed to hear that she was just in awe and in love with this idea as I am. I know at times I can complain about my mother being crazy, but I love her and I'm glad that we could share this moment. Both of our eyes were filled with tears (nothing overflowed-which was good b/c I didn't have kleenex) I explained that I would like rose petals down the sides of the aisle. She didn't like the idea and said that the WP was perfect just the way it was. We talked about having a Chupah and leaving it at that for alter decorations (this was later nixed b/c neither one of us wants to obstruct the window) We agreed on red roses and then looked at the aisle carpet
IMG_3260.jpg

Ok weird to take a pic of the aisle carpet...but my mom pointed out that it looked like an blanket that her mom made for her once. (insert that lump in throat, I'm not going to let myself cry feeling here)

We headed out of the WP and headed over to the Brides Vestibule.

You completely described the way I felt during our October trip! I don't know how anyone could visit the WP and not fall in love. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter