Petals & Pixie Dust Planning Journal 11/30/2009/2010

So, last night I was bored. What else is new...I'm waiting for the semester to start. Luckily, today my mom's boss needs some help next week so I'll get some hours. At least I won't be sitting around wondering what I can do next. :woohoo:

Anyway, here is the pic of my tiara. Funny story. I saw this tiara and fell in love with it-years ago. Occasionally, I would walk into the store and ask to see it. I'd bring my mom to "visit it" but that was as close as I got to it. The same lady usually was the one that would help me. Last December I had enough Christmas money to buy the tiara. I thought it was silly, ridiculously expensive, but honestly, it was perfect! :lovestruc In January the company retires old designs. I had done enough research to know that this January this tiara was going to be retired. :guilty: Which meant if I was going to get it, I was going to have to do it now or I would loose it. :sad1: Yes there was always ebay-and I looked there too b/c I thought that maybe I would get a deal on it. I explained this to -at the time- BF would said there was no way I was going to buy something to put in my hair on ebay and that if I wanted the tiara and had the money to do it to just buy it. :scared1: I was a bit shocked that he was cool with this, but wasn't going to complain. A few days later I went to the store and the same lady that had always taken care of me was there. She asked if I would like to see the tiara. When I said yes and that I would like to buy it she was just as excited as I was! I told her how silly I felt buying it without and engagement ring, but that my BF said I could buy it. So, I did.
To celebrate the purchase-b/c what good is a tiara if you can't wear it. I had a friend over to have pizza with and we had a dinner party while I wore my tiara and she wore hers from New Years Eve. :laughing:

So, without further ado, here is my crown jewels
IMG_3182.jpg

I also have my "something blue." It's a mickey toe ring! I have another one that is a channel set of blue stones- but the pics didn't come out.
IMG_3185.jpg

This weekend my mother and I are going to a bridal show. Should be fun. :wizard:

The tiara is sooo pretty!!

Sadly, I do not know how to resize pictures.. hope you find out!

I love that tiara, and so glad you eventually bought it! Things seem so much nicer when you have been looking at them for ages and finally get your sticky little fingers on them don't they?!

Oh, stop press, Disney don't have your song at the moment but they may do by the time your day comes round. They had all of ours but one which is great.

The tiara is sooo pretty!!

Sadly, I do not know how to resize pictures.. hope you find out!

Thank you

I love that tiara, and so glad you eventually bought it! Things seem so much nicer when you have been looking at them for ages and finally get your sticky little fingers on them don't they?!

Oh, stop press, Disney don't have your song at the moment but they may do by the time your day comes round. They had all of ours but one which is great.

Hmm...I just might have to work on finding it just to be safe...but I've got time! Thanks for looking

What's up with guys poo pooing the Grand 1? My DF doesn't want it either... he's agreed to the pontoon boat but doesn't think the extra money is worth it and he would not have any boat at all if I'd let him! I think it would be a ton of fun to go to CDS though! I'm sure your guests would love it, and it's another reason to buy a new dress!

What's up with guys poo pooing the Grand 1? My DF doesn't want it either... he's agreed to the pontoon boat but doesn't think the extra money is worth it and he would not have any boat at all if I'd let him! I think it would be a ton of fun to go to CDS though! I'm sure your guests would love it, and it's another reason to buy a new dress!

Boys! :cool: But the CDS thing is pretty cool. Now to figure out how that works in the plan...Don't they know this is all about details! :rotfl: I love him!

your wedding jug fund is awesome. what a great idea.

Thanks. They were getting rid of them at work so I snagged one and have been filling it ever since. Don't know how much is in it. Maybe a couple hundred bucks...but its better than nothing.
The more money I have the more we can do! I want to stay at GF, get CDS tickets, get an outside photographer and there are somethings that my parents budget won't fit...It's my way of helping. :goodvibes

OH MY! What a weekend! In our area we had 2 bridal shows and of course I had to make it to both of them! With my mom in tow, we headed to these conference centers where vendors swarm you each with their own sales pitch-don't forget the give-away! OH AND here's my business card. By the end of the weekend we had 2 bags FULL of brochures, price lists, and other well...junk.

Let's see. We started out on Saturday at a convention center downtown. Parking was $6, Tickets were $4/person. Ok. No problem. We walk in and the first person that spots me is a Mary Kay lady. Um ok. She wants to give me a free facial and make over. Yeah ok. So, I was able to put her off until June (I'm finishing my last semester, don't call me until then) I told her that I wasn't going to be having a wedding in my hometown. When she asked where, I said "Walt Disney World." Holy cow. She said she travelled. We got a lot of that, but I was really suprised at how many times I was actually explaining to people what is included in a Disney wedding and the details. AUGH. I was tired of hearing myself speak!

The next thing we saw was a local candy shop vendor. While their boxes and such are a little out dated, their chocolate is to die for! Mom and I found these little umbrellas! So cute! Great for a bridal shower
IMG_3192.jpg

We watched the fashion show. Mom my loves the owner of the shop that was represented there. She had some $99 dollar cash and carry dresses. My mom wanted me to try this on:
IMG_3197.jpg

All of this trying on happened backstage where the models change for the fashion show...You can see all of the bags. The dress was a little big, so there is a complete stranger who was holding the back of the dress for me...My jeans were still on-so it wasn't the best fit. But I didn't fall in love with this one either. Oh and the bead work around the arms was a bit itchy. I took it off and brought it back to the owner. She was great and told my mom that they have a ton of dresses and to come see her. We talked with her for a bit actually and are really looking forward to going to her store.

We found 2 places for the bridal shower. 1. is this quaint Inn that I love. The food is to die for. The venue itself is amazing. 2. Our local zoo. :laughing: No I'm not kidding. For $75 you can have an animal great your guests! The reason this was such a strong contender was b/c 1. the money goes back to the animals. 2. it was reasonable. 3. The events coordinator wanted to do everything any anything to get the business. If I had asked her to stand on her head through the event-I am sure she would have. :lmao: We got answers from her like "If you want your event to start at 6:00 AM -No problem. I'll be there at 5:00am to let you in. :scared1: We have yet to find a vendor to do or say that. but-it's the zoo. My mom was afraid that there might be an animal smell that might waft into the room. Even though I know they cook for humans away from where they cook for animals is different-Well, um...I don't think I could get past that. Finally, for the first time in my life, I want something girlie. This is a first for me b/c I am a Tom Boy. Give me sweats and a t-shirt anyday. Now all of a sudden I want pretty, elegant, and something that people will gush over. :upsidedow With pretty come the expensive part. However, the Inn is definitely high on the list.

Sunday...If one show on Saturday wasn't enough...we had to go to 2. This one had different vendors...Which was good, but they were all about the full court press. Now, if you really know me...you know that doesn't fly. I've worked in sales and I found that you get a lot more if you aren't all over people. I had people come up to me-when I wasn't in front of their booth just asking me if I had entertainment. Not even a casual, "Congratulations! You must have a lot to plan. Have you thought about enterntainment at your reception?" No, it was some 18 year old standing in my way saying "Do you have entertainment." I have never been so happy to say "I'm having a destination wedding, that is provided thank you." My inside voice screaming "GO AWAY! SHOOO!" :rotfl:
We did however, find this cake...
IMG_3198.jpg

OH MY GOODNESS! These cakes were to die for! Oh and can I tell you...the samples that we had were unbelievable. You could make a meal out of that. No need for lunch I ate more than my fair share of cake! I am sure Disney cake is just as good as this lady's was but oh my goodness.

Needless to say, at the end of the day, my mother and I were whooped! We are most likely going to go with the Inn for the bridal shower. Chocolates from the umbrella place in a nice little box for favors. Just to come to that conclusion was difficult enough. Could you imagine if I had to plan a wedding here...at home...I'm way too detail oriented. Thank goodness for Disney. All the simple stuff taken care of... :thumbsup2

So, I get a phone call tonight from one of the vendors that was at the Bridal show today and I won a trip...to any of the locations on their list! Oh...but I have to sit through their speil and bring my mom or dad with me b/c DF will be working.
Per the vendor-the trip is mine. It's a tax write off for them and a mini break for me. 3 days 2 night...but a trip is a trip right...and winning it is just as good!

Congrats on the free trip!! That dress is really pretty on you. I hope you find one that screams "pick me!!"

Congrats on the free trip!! That dress is really pretty on you. I hope you find one that screams "pick me!!"

Thanks! I'm hoping that there aren't any strings attached with the trip. I think my dad is going with me...Which is good b/c he is a no BS kind of guy and won't let them pull anything. I hate selling spiels-but if it is going to get me a couple of days away...I'll bide my time.

Someday my dress will come....

That cake is beautiful!

I love that cake! I think I forgot to post-IT IS COVERED IN CHOCOLATE! How cool is that? The only problem is that the place that we are looking to have the bridal shower has a $1.75/person fee for cake cutting :mad: So, we will probably nix the cake :guilty: Which kind of sucks b/c I really want that cake! AND the cake lady only charges $2.75/serving. :eek:
Oh well...Maybe my MOH will surprise me with it for the bachelorette party *LOL* a girl can only dream! :wizard:

IMG_3192.jpg

We found 2 places for the bridal shower. 1. is this quaint Inn that I love. The food is to die for. The venue itself is amazing. 2. Our local zoo. :laughing: No I'm not kidding. For $75 you can have an animal great your guests! The reason this was such a strong contender was b/c 1. the money goes back to the animals. 2. it was reasonable. 3. The events coordinator wanted to do everything any anything to get the business. If I had asked her to stand on her head through the event-I am sure she would have. :lmao: We got answers from her like "If you want your event to start at 6:00 AM -No problem. I'll be there at 5:00am to let you in. :scared1: We have yet to find a vendor to do or say that. but-it's the zoo. My mom was afraid that there might be an animal smell that might waft into the room. Even though I know they cook for humans away from where they cook for animals is different-Well, um...I don't think I could get past that. Finally, for the first time in my life, I want something girlie. This is a first for me b/c I am a Tom Boy. Give me sweats and a t-shirt anyday. Now all of a sudden I want pretty, elegant, and something that people will gush over. :upsidedow With pretty come the expensive part. However, the Inn is definitely high on the list.
Those umbrella's are so cute!!
That Inn sounds really wonderful!! Any pictures or links? The zoo is interesting! It would certainly make for an unusual party! :thumbsup2

Glad you had a nice time, however overwhelming and annoying, at the shows!!
So, I get a phone call tonight from one of the vendors that was at the Bridal show today and I won a trip...to any of the locations on their list! Oh...but I have to sit through their speil and bring my mom or dad with me b/c DF will be working.
Per the vendor-the trip is mine. It's a tax write off for them and a mini break for me. 3 days 2 night...but a trip is a trip right...and winning it is just as good!
:banana: That's awesome!!! Definitley let us knew where you get to go!

Those umbrella's are so cute!!
That Inn sounds really wonderful!! Any pictures or links? The zoo is interesting! It would certainly make for an unusual party! :thumbsup2

Glad you had a nice time, however overwhelming and annoying, at the shows!!

:banana: That's awesome!!! Definitley let us knew where you get to go!

The shows were fun...Just exhausting! I can't tell you how many times I got to say "I'm getting married at Disney." Do you know there was only ONE vendor that had a clue! He got excited when I mentioned it and then told me all about how he is taking his daughters there during a school break. So, that was cool...but only one vendor. Come on! :rotfl: But that one vendor was cool.

Now for the trip. There are a ton of places to choose...One is Orlando, which would be cool, but we have to pay for airfare. So, we are probably going to go to Atlantic City or Canada (Niagara, Toranto, Montreal) It's only for 3 days 2 nights. I'm guessing we will take it after I graduate...before all of the craziness of becoming and adult (again) starts. It will be a nice break/.

I guess that is all for now. I'm tired...need sleep. :o

Only 43 days until our cruise trip! (Mom & Dad's birthday trip)

PICK ME!! PICK ME!! I'll come away with you for a few days! How fantastic that you won a trip :goodvibes

Now this is weird. We always said that if we had an 'at home' reception it would be at our favourite zoo in the UK. We're sure the animals recognise us - Nobby the Buffalo came over to say hi, so did the tiger, the cheetas performed for us with a wallaby which was hysterical and Gert the Goat came over for his fuss.

I've decided - I really don't like you. You are one of those people who would look good in a hessian sack if someone made it into a wedding dress. Every picture you have posted has been brilliant (but the one you thought was too much for you is still my favourite) and you will look stunning in whatever you choose :goodvibes

Love the umbrellas, love the cake too :lovestruc

PICK ME!! PICK ME!! I'll come away with you for a few days! How fantastic that you won a trip :goodvibes

Now this is weird. We always said that if we had an 'at home' reception it would be at our favourite zoo in the UK. We're sure the animals recognise us - Nobby the Buffalo came over to say hi, so did the tiger, the cheetas performed for us with a wallaby which was hysterical and Gert the Goat came over for his fuss.

I've decided - I really don't like you. You are one of those people who would look good in a hessian sack if someone made it into a wedding dress. Every picture you have posted has been brilliant (but the one you thought was too much for you is still my favourite) and you will look stunning in whatever you choose :goodvibes

Love the umbrellas, love the cake too :lovestruc

Don't hate me b/c of the dress thing...my mother keeps dressing me up...I'd wear a sack if it was comfortable and a little girlie...These dresses are itchy! At least you have "The One" :worship:

We don't spend anytime at the zoo, but it would have been a cool place....AND all the money goes to the animals! :thumbsup2

I just met with a friend who told me that she wanted to go to bridal shows with me b/c she wanted the cake samples and the free stuff. I told her to get a CZ ring and we'll go eat cake!

I apparently "won" another trip...but I would have had to sit through another spiel. I opted out of this one b/c all of their trips were 3 days 2 nights...you pay for airfare and they didn't have anything local. These people didn't sound as honest or straight forward as the other guy did.

I guess that is all for now...I need sleep...up at 0500 tomorrow for work....Lucky me...but hey another penny earned is another penny toward this wedding!

Hi Everyone :wave2:
Well, it's official! Our engagement announcement is in the paper! Pretty cool! :cool1:

We have 37 days until we leave for our quick trip to WDW and DCL. I can't wait. I've emailed my professors and told them I won't be there...but I'll be responsible and make sure everything is handed in. Luckily my mom works at the college that I am going to and she deals with EVERY prof. and most of the time-except when she can't get the book they need, they love her. So, I haven't had a huge issue saying "Hey we're taking my mom on a trip for her 60th birthday...I'll miss a class." Most profs have replied "Have fun! See you when you get back." So, all is good on that front.
Mom and I are going to the WP and Franck's. Dad and DF are going to the golf pro shops. It's all good.

I talked to mom last night. She said that the next thing we are going to do is find a dress. Um ko. I think when she heard that it takes 6-8 months to order a dress she just wanted to get it out of the way. This is fine by me. Shopping with her hasn't been so bad. :hyper:

Classes start on Tuesday...I don't know how much planning will get done...maybe some little things here and there. :upsidedow

If you could...please send along some pixie dust that all goes well this semester. I'd really like to graduate with honors...but with Stats 2 and Research Methods and History I need all the help I can get! pixiedust:

Ok off to go get signature photo mats for our upcoming trip!

I know I'm lucky. My parents are really helping out with the wedding...but my mother quit smoking and has turned into um...Momzilla :rolleyes2 We are supposed to go to Franck's on our trip in a month. Honestly, I don't want to bother. :sad2: I don't even want to plan anymore. I had a meltdown this week with DF. Just a bunch of :sad: and when he said "Don't worry about it." He got "I know this is typical, but I just need to vent so let me talk." :rolleyes: :confused3 :rolleyes: He patiently sat there and just let me babble and didn't say another word. Looking back on it... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: I am meeting dad to have a wedding plan intervention meeting for mom. In other words...it will go something like "What is up with her? I know she is quitting smoking...but um...Where did my mother go?" He'll reply "I don't know." We'll laugh about it and devise some plan to figure out how to navigate around her quitting and how we can deal with her with out getting mad...b/c honestly, she is doing a really difficult thing and we need to support her. On the other hand...we need to stay sane in the process.::yes::
So, b/c I'm into using these smileys today...
:thumbsup2 for DF who let me :sad: :mic:
:thumbsup2 for dad who will help me navigate thru the mom issues
:cheer2: for mom who is trying to do something really difficult

OK I'm done :mic:

TTFN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter