Pet Peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best thread :thumbsup2 I feel like I've been through therapy. I always thought I was just short tempered when thinking about all of the things that bothered me.

ttintagel said:
Oh, that drives me right up the wall! No, he is not your "buddy!" He's your child, and you're supposed to be his parent!

We call DS Buddy all the time. It isn't meant to imply that he is some random friend instead of our son. Also, DH calls me Baby, even though he is well aware that I am not an infant. It's a term of endearment.

A few:
1. When you are finally able to get a good table to view the fireworks (CA Grill, Rose and Crown, La Hacienda) and other families decide to crowd around your table right when the show starts. Especially the ones that push their kids right up next to you and the window and then are too embarassed to stand there themselves...to watch the show or their kids. My kids want to see the show too and it's our table. This totally killed going to CA Grill for us.
2. Kids that eat ice cream in line, make a total mess and get it all over the ropes, bars, walls and sometimes the people around them. Wipees are your friend people!
3. People that cut in line at a store or counter service place and say "it's ok, i'm not buying anything, I just have a quick question"
4. Those that are sooo distracted by their phone that they can't move up in line or over a seat for arena seating or...board a bus. "Sorry I held up the entire line. I was checking my Disney app for showtimes and didn't realize"...and then stands there for 5 more minutes! LOL

We call DS Buddy all the time. It isn't meant to imply that he is some random friend instead of our son. Also, DH calls me Baby, even though he is well aware that I am not an infant. It's a term of endearment.

It seems like the only time I use my kid's real names are when they are in trouble.;)

Slobs........
guests that will not pick up after themselves.

they eat at the counter service places and leave their plates, napkins, trash on the tables.

how difficult is it to pick up after yourself and toss the garbage in the can so the next person can use the table?

make a mess at the condiment station?
tell a cm there so others won't have to deal mess you made.
who wants to use the relish at pecos bill or casey's when it has mustard in it.

eat a mickey bar and throw the wrapper on the ground.

leave a soiled diaper on the counter by the mirror in the restrooms.

I know janitorial cm's have a job to keep places clean but they can't follow everyone to pick up after them.

Moaning at the CMs. If something has gone wrong the CMs are there to help not there to be shouted at.

People complaining when the CS place doesn't have what they want. Even after waiting in line for10 mins so they could see the menu. No matter how much you complain the food isn't magically going to appear.

Even though Disney is where magic happens.

:thumbsup2 DH's--women breastfeeding uncovered on the buses. He supports breastfeeding infants, not five year olds who can make it up the steps themselves and pull up Mama's shirt. He still talks about that "incident" and hasn't quite gotten the picture out of his head...

People who are judgmental about a mother feeding her child in the way nature intended. ;) While I say that kind of harshly, I do say it in a spirit of peace. A five year old pulling up Mom's shirt... meh. That sounds a bit extreme, but it could have been a big three year old? I would consider it an accidental wardrobe malfunction and move on. It definitely wouldn't scar me into referencing it however long down the road. For all the horror stories I've heard out there about wanton women flashing everyone, I've never once a) seen it in person - and I get around public spaces a lot! or b) ever had someone comment or even look askance when I nursed my kid. Uncovered. Shrug.

Moving on. I've never run anyone over with a stroller, except my DH, who tended to walk in front of me and then stop abruptly. And then growl at me for not being able to stop in time. Uh... OK then, YOU push the stroller. Incidentally, Disney is the only place I even USE a stroller, cause they're so annoying generally. Even at Disney they are, especially if you're trying to get out of a park during a parade time or something - but they also help move you swiftly from point A to point B without two distracted preschoolers wandering away cause they saw something shiny. It's so much easier to wear a kid and then have them walk. Strollers, ew.

People encroaching on you on lines. Even my kids know better, and they're young! I can tolerate it if kids do it, but adults should DEFINITELY know better. You'd think they were pick pockets or something.

People who are so darn competitive over EVERYTHING... Like shoving you to get ahead of you in a long line. Dude, you're going to be there for 30 minutes anyway, does it REALLY make you happy that you elbowed your way in front of me? Whatever floats your boat, I guess.

And on the last one... People who get annoyed at CM's for doing their jobs, like enforcing height requirements or the no-running rules at poolside. Or people who get annoyed with you for listening to the CM's. Once in a high traffic time my son and I were put together with a single man on a ride, like in the same row. I thought we should wait for the next vehicle, but the CM said we should get in that vehicle. So, in order to not hold up the line by arguing, we got in. It was a bit of a squeeze, but I mean... Whatever. The man huffed and puffed and clearly looked annoyed for the whole ride. Sorry you didn't get your private vehicle, buddy. I would have preferred to get one of those, too. But don't get mad at me...?

I have a HUGE one for me People who let their younger children serve themselves at Buffets or the toppings bars!! OMG Really the kids just got done wiping snot from their nose now they are using their fingers to take pickles from the toppings bar!! Really??? Have some common sense and courtesy!! We dont all enjoy your childs fingers in our food!! HELP them serve themselves the food dont let them touch something and then put it back!!!

I try to be courteous of others when entering / exiting buildings by holding the doors for the people behind me. It is amazing how many people won't take the door from you to allow their party through, but expect you to keep holding it while a virtual train of people go through. If someone holds the door so it doesn't slam shut in your face, take the door, and allow that person to continue with their own party.

Doors: a no-win situation. I held the door open for an older woman, who then SCREAMED at me. It seems that she wanted to use the door handle for support as she shuffled through the entrance. How was I to know? :confused3

I really don't appreciate having to listen to someone's loud business call out in public -- not in the grocery store, not in a theater, and certainly not while eating in a restaurant. And it really wrecks the vacation vibe. If the call is so important, then it shouldn't be answered while waiting in line like sardines in a can, or while following a tour guide. If the call is so critical that it can't wait 5 or10 minutes for a person to go off to the side and talk, then what the h*** is that person doing on vacation? :mad:

I also love it when parents sitting behind me let their kids kick the back of my chair. Grouch over, sorry.

PS I sometimes call my boys "Buddy", cuz at about age 12 they begged me to stop calling them "Sweetheart" in front of their friends. Heehee!

"Has anyone ever...?" threads here on the boards. Sometimes I just want to tell them "no."

aubriee said:
People are always jumping in front of her or trying to squeeze into the tiny space between her and the person in front of her.:headache: People just need to be aware of their surroundings (both people on ECVs and people walking).

I second this one. I always try to leave a buffer of space in front of the wheelchair when I'm pushing and people inevitably dart into that space. And of course get mad if I can't stop in time.

Personal space is a big one with the wheelchair too. Once DSis was waiting for a parade and a kid (old enough to know better) climbed over her lap. Seriously, over her lap.. And the Mom is just standing there and doesn't say anything.

My biggest pet peeve though is parents (usually moms) who get to parades late and think that I should give up my seat on the curb because her child can't see. There are lots of kids at Disney; nothing special about yours. Its your responsibility to plan ahead.nThe worst one I ever saw was a woman who kept trying to sit in front of wheelchair seating (like in the street) for the Halloween parade. The CM chased her out but instead of trying to find a permissible spot she just yelled at the CM and complained loudly for like half an hour about how Disney was for kids and the "old people" didn't need front-row seats. It never ceases to amaze me how self-centered and oblivious people can be.

I have a few pet peeves:

1. Personal space. Being right on top of me isn't going to get you on that attraction any faster.

2. Being run over by strollers or ECV's. Yes, I know some people need these, but don't use them as bashing rams.

3. Don't flame me-I hate having to walk through someone's 2nd hand smoke (ick).

I second all these plus please don't let your child continually touch or kick me.

People sitting on railings with their 50 pound backpacks on, intruding into part of the queue where im standing.

People who sit on me. Yes someone plopped down and sat next to me...except they were so close that they sat on me. And proceeded to yell at the people in their party.

People who read maps in the middle of a walkway.

People who don't control their kids in line. It starts out cute, but after 10 minutes of it...not so much.

People standing in front of the FP entrance waiting for their time to start...especially when they have a solid 4 minutes until its valid...just get to the side already!

I have only one pet peeve while interacting with large groups of human beings, although it covers a wide spectrum: ENTITLEMENT.

People who think they can be rude, push, kick, knock over, run over, yell, demand, never apologize, never say thank you (or please), etc because they are ENTITLED to it because they paid for a ticket, drove/flew for hours, are hot and sticky, have children, have older people, are young, are old, are beautiful, are ugly, are tired, are over scheduled, are under organized forgetting that everyone else also paid for a ticket, drove/flew for hours, are hot and sticky, have children, have older people, are young, are old, are beautiful, are ugly, are tired, are over scheduled, are under organized just drives me insane! (so do run on sentences on forums, lol ;)).

I'm pretty sure I'm guilty of a few of the things I've listed but the difference, IMHO, between some who, say, runs into you with their stroller, pushes you in line or gets confused while ordering food is when they apologize (or say thank you, please) and it's obvious that it was an accident and not their normal MO. In fact, I usually apologize when someone runs into me with their shopping cart, etc. Which for some odd reason happens to me a lot :sad2: I can't help it, the apology just comes out, drives my DH crazy. Usually it results in a back and forth of apologies and laughter. But seems like more and more the other person just keeps on going without even acknowledging that they just ran into me and I'm limping away from a pool of blood :sad2:. (that might be an exaggeration to emphasis a point) :)

That I have to wait over 4 months until I arrive.

That is a good one lol

Thought of one, people that stare at you and give you nasty looks because you are in a ECV. Just because I do not have a phyical disabibilty does not mean I do not need a ECV

People who are judgmental about a mother feeding her child in the way nature intended. ;) While I say that kind of harshly, I do say it in a spirit of peace. A five year old pulling up Mom's shirt... meh.

The kid had on a birthday pin the following day and when another person asked him how old he was--he said "FIVE!". As I stated, he does not have problems with breastfeeding the way nature intended, just folks who do not cover up...to each his own..which is what the thread is about ...pet peeves...things that personally get you riled up, regardless of how others feel.

My pet peeve is a parent who holds a place in line for an entire family. So once they all get back in line your little group doesn't make it in. I had this happen at turtle talk with crush when I was down at Disney as a single parent. It really steamed me when his kids got to enjoy the surroundings while others waited in line. Everyone can learn to wait in lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter