Pet Peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably the same reason people think it is socially acceptable to ask short people why they are short and call them pigmies. I have the perfect answer for people that ask me about my size, because God made me that way. No one questions me after that. Maybe it would work for tall people as well.

Or tiny, mice, shrimp, babies, hobbits, midgets, dwarves, need I go on? I was called all of those growing up. (I should clarify the last two in the list; I am not clinically considered a "little person," I'm just naturally really short, and I was still called those all the time.) The main point of my original post was that my shortness doesn't cause problems for anyone else, but tall people do often obliviously cause issues for short people around them.

si-am, I do sincerely apologize for offending you; I didn't even realize that was a term people actually used to make fun of tall people. I honestly thought I was saying something that nobody actually says to people in real life. (At the school I went to growing up, tall people were absolutely revered/envied and never made fun of, so I've never actually heard what words people use to make fun of tall people, nor did I know that tall kids did get teased for it.)

Here's a peeve that has nothing to do with other people in the parks: bugs! They love me for some reason, and they love landing on my food. I think I've eaten bugs in every ice cream I've ever had at Animal Kingdom because they land on it and get stuck in the ice cream, and I'd rather not throw it away after one lick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter