Pet Peeves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annoying mothers who talk like this: "Sweetie, darling, my little angel, do you see Mickey, do you see Mickey, do you, do you, do you, do you?????" Is your kid blind??! Mickey is right in front of them.

Dads who always use the word "buddy" with their kids. "So buddy, do you want an ice cream?" "Hey, there buddy." "How is my little buddy doing?" "Are you my buddy? Are you?"
:lmao:

Dads who always use the word "buddy" with their kids. "So buddy, do you want an ice cream?" "Hey, there buddy." "How is my little buddy doing?" "Are you my buddy? Are you?"

Oh, that drives me right up the wall! No, he is not your "buddy!" He's your child, and you're supposed to be his parent!

Where do I begin :lmao:

Miserable kids. I want to be, "Hey, kid, you are at Disney, stop your dang crying and whining and go and hug Mickey."

Miserable parents--don't be b*tchy to me because you choose to go to Orlando in August and it is crowded and your kids are being annoying....

Annoying mothers who talk like this: "Sweetie, darling, my little angel, do you see Mickey, do you see Mickey, do you, do you, do you, do you?????" Is your kid blind??! Mickey is right in front of them.

Crappy Disney food. Standing in long lines for crappy Disney food. Paying too much money for crappy Disney food.

People from places like Idaho that are scared of riding the bus--especially the ones that have to stand--they look petrified......"What?? I have to stand?? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Yes, the Disney bus that goes 13 miles per hour is going to flip over.......

Matching families. I always feel SOOOO sorry for the fathers. You know the men don't want to be matching what their wife and 2 year old daughter is wearing......."Oh, great, the same shirt as my wife.........kill me now".

:lmao:

You just reminded me of a bunch more!

My pet peeve is other people pointing out others faults and not doing things that they deem is right. We all know dis poster do no wrong. :thumbsup2

People who feel like they need to be part of the show. Yes, it's really very impressive that you've memorized the Haunted Mansion narration, sir, thanks for sharing.

Agree!!!

And it seems to happen a lot on Soarin'.

Ugh, I can relate. One time when I was on Soarin' (although it might have been in DCA rather than Epcot) I had the "pleasure" of listening to a mom play tour guide for her kids.

My pet peeve is other people pointing out others faults and not doing things that they deem is right. We all know dis poster do no wrong. :thumbsup2

So you are your own pet peeve (since you just pointed out the faults of others..)? :rolleyes1

An oldie but goodie: When you're waiting for the parade and someone else decides that he/she must have YOUR spot. So he/she pushes, shoves, nudges, steps in front, etc.

This is my pet peeve too! I love waiting 90 minutes on the curb to have a view of the parade and then have rude people try to sit on my children right as the parade starts. :mad:

KevinCG316 said:

Jennasis said:
So you are your own pet peeve (since you just pointed out the faults of others..)? :rolleyes1

Pretty sure that's a joke... Guess sarcasm doesn't read well.

Miserable kids. I want to be, "Hey, kid, you are at Disney, stop your dang crying and whining and go and hug Mickey."

Miserable parents--don't be b*tchy to me because you choose to go to Orlando in August and it is crowded and your kids are being annoying....

Crappy Disney food. Standing in long lines for crappy Disney food. Paying too much money for crappy Disney food.

People from places like Idaho that are scared of riding the bus--especially the ones that have to stand--they look petrified......"What?? I have to stand?? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Yes, the Disney bus that goes 13 miles per hour is going to flip over.......

Matching families. I always feel SOOOO sorry for the fathers. You know the men don't want to be matching what their wife and 2 year old daughter is wearing......."Oh, great, the same shirt as my wife.........kill me now".

This post made me laugh

chloe4ever said:

I agree... Except I don't feel sorry for the dad I think its funny.....

I also like, so not a pet peeve for me...on my arrival day catching a bus to the parks, either in line or on the bus ....watching/overhearing the bickering family that's been there all week and is leaving the next day...they are so tired, drained and OVER Disney and each other it's humorous to me.. Also because I know that will be us doing the same thing in a few days.., it goes full circle. lol

The flash photography on the dark rides is definitely the worst. Last time we had a lady on Nemo in the car right next to us doing that. She had one of those huge semi-professional type cameras and the flash was SUPER BRIGHT and also went off TWICE every time she took a picture. OMG. That ride has a glass/plastic wall right in front of you so I hope she enjoyed her lovely photos of BIG HUGE SPOTS OF LIGHT being reflected back at her. I can usually shrug stuff off but that was really extreme and she took pictures the whole ride. When we got off the ride, I was right in front of her, so I "innocently" flashed my camera right in her face. I hope she's still blind.

I know alot of people have complaints about being run over by ECVs or strollers, but we've been on the opposite side too many times to count. My mom uses an ECV down there and is very good with it. However, it's like people don't even see her. More than once she has been walked into, even when she was sitting perfectly still. One night we were in front of the castle waiting for Wishes to start and a lady with a small kid just walked straight into the side of her. They glared at her like it was her fault, but she was sitting perfectly still at the time. The mom had her head down, listening to the kid and just didn't see her, until she bounced off her, then she gave my mom a angry look, like it was her fault.:rotfl: Another time during the Osborne Lights the part started where the lights cut off for a second, then restart in time with the music. We, like most people, just stopped during that time and enjoyed the spectacle. Some man in front of us starting backing up trying to get a picture. My mom saw him, put her hand up and called that she was back there, but he just kept backing up until he fell into the basket on the front of her ECV. He hopped up, glared at her, and made some comment about how ECVs should be outlawed in the parks, they were a nuisance, and he was sick and tired of getting ran over by them. At first my mom laughed, but then she got mad at his attitude and reminded him that she was sitting perfectly still, when he fell on top of her, because he wasn't looking where he was going. He still didn't apologize and continued to blame the ECVs.:confused3 People are always jumping in front of her or trying to squeeze into the tiny space between her and the person in front of her.:headache: People just need to be aware of their surroundings (both people on ECVs and people walking).

My pet peeves
1. Line cutters--have all your party together before you get into the line
2. flash pictures on dark rides
3. People texting during shows (that light on your cellphone is very irritating to those behind you)
4. People who don't move to the end of the row as instructed for shows
5. People who still haven't made their minds up what they want to order by the time they get to the cash register at CS locations
6. When you let some kid in front of you at parades so they can see, then the parents try to ease in front too (because they want to see their kids reactions:rolleyes1)
7. Parents who threaten a kid that if that don't behave they are taking them straight home (Yeah, like they're actually going to leave WDW in the middle of a trip:rolleyes1:rotfl:)
8. People who are always asking how to get comped free stuff (room upgrades, room comped for some little something, free meals at a restaurant if everything isn't exactly perfect, free fast passes, etc).

pet peeves as a cast member:
-when I am clearly holding something extremely heavy and moving fast to set it down before i drop it and a guest walks up and says "can I see your pins?"
-when I have a giant line and am helping a guest and people come up asking to look at pins and get mad at me when I ask them to wait until I am finished with the first guest

Oh..I also feel like my personal space is invaded when people grab at my pin lanyeard and it in the same way ends up with them touching my chest. Also when I am ringing up someone and I have grown adults slowly walking by staring at my chest (my pins) and don't even ASK to see them. I feel violated even though that isn't what they intend for it to be..

In the parks:
-Flash photography

Wow I did not realize I have so many pet peeves until now - I normally try my best to shrug off most things while I am at WDW but I do have to agree with the following

- flash photography in dark rides :confused3 why ruin the magic for the rest of us
- people in CS line not knowing what they want to order when its their turn :confused3 you have been staring at the board for 10 minutes
- people who try to squeeze in the parade line at the last minute :confused3 like I have not been standing here for 30 minutes
- people who do not move all the way to the end when sitting for a show :confused3 how are the rest of us suppose to get around you

Oh..I also feel like my personal space is invaded when people grab at my pin lanyeard and it in the same way ends up with them touching my chest. Also when I am ringing up someone and I have grown adults slowly walking by staring at my chest (my pins) and don't even ASK to see them. I feel violated even though that isn't what they intend for it to be..

If you don't like guests staring at the pins around your neck is there any way you can get a hip lanyard/book thing? We often walk past if the person is busy just to see a glimpse of pins to see if there is something we're looking for. If there is we wait and ask to see pins. If we don't see something we like we move on. I do although agree that people grabbing at your lanyard is a violation of personal space.

pet peeves as a cast member:
-when I am clearly holding something extremely heavy and moving fast to set it down before i drop it and a guest walks up and says "can I see your pins?"
-when I have a giant line and am helping a guest and people come up asking to look at pins and get mad at me when I ask them to wait until I am finished with the first guest

In the parks:
-Flash photography

Ha ha... I guess I am guilty of looking at your chest.... I usually try to scope out the pins from farther away that way if I dont see anything I like I dont have to bother the CM with taking their time. Then I decide if its worth it to stand in line and wait to trade... I thought my actions were being helpful :confused3

But I thought every cast member had the "choice" if they wanted to pin trade or not... maybe if you arent comfortable with that they you should stop trading with guests. Knowing that guests of any age can pin trade and it has been one of my joys about going to the parks.

It drives me nuts to be in a stall in the bathroom and hear the person in the ext one having a normal conversation on the phone! :sad2: If it's that important to take a call immediately, then wait to pee! If you can't wait to pee, call them back! Isn't that what voice mail is for? :confused3
I don't want everyone from Maine to New Mexico hearing me potty! :eek:

That's when I try to finish quickly and FLUSH for their listening enjoyment......:cool2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter