PeepsII-The Hot, Sweaty Asian Strikes Back. Feb 2010. 12/2-Part 2 has begun.

My PTR will be exactly the opposite issues:

1. I have a room booked:thumbsup2(ASSports, kids request for the "next Disney trip")
2. it is in 3 months:eek:
3. I have free dining:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 (otherwise I'd be going in Feb with all my LSU/Mardi gras peeps)
4. I know(kinda) where I wanna eat-and this part is cool, b/c DH doesn't care where we eat and my kids have no idea we MIGHT be going, so I get to pick them all out on my own:cloud9:. I hafta book June 13th.
5. I know who will be going with me

Issue-we are moving to Hoouston by end of year.

Jordan-feel better!!!

Lori

Awesome more sweaty asian guy!!!

Glad your back hope you recovery is going good. We were at POP this past Jan thought about your trippie several times while we were there. Particularly when we got a few "peeps" pics. Will try to post them for you later. Oh & when DS7 kept "hitting" on our waitress at Teppan Edo. Um she made the mistake of talking Godzilla with him. He fell "in love" & invited himself to come visit her in Japan.:lovestruc

Can't wait for more info.

Uncertainty is the scourge of obsessive travel planners everywhere!!!

Okay, Jordan, how does one's appendix turn gangrenous???

J, only 3 more days!!!!

I don't like not knowing. I'm usually in full planning mode by now. I'm trying to think of other things I can get set in the mean time. I will probably start working on a new binder.............

Apparently my DR said it could've been when my appendix inflamed that it cut off blood flow and it started rotting...:scared1:

Morning Jordan !! Know what ya mean about being UNCERTAIN!! That's how I feel about 2010 !! I wont know till first week of December if the girls are qualified to go to Cheer Comp!! If they place in the top 3 they are and last year they were 2nd but the time was to short for any fundraising and very few would commit !! Hence this year they are preparing !! Then there's thedecision who should go !! It makes sense for me to as that would then be my annual trip ! I would send them home with the coach and stay longer !! At least that's my plan !! So if that happens Jordan I will be there at the same time !!:cool1:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

That would be sooo cool Rosie!

I my heck, that is scary about your appendix!:scared1: I do have to say that when I first saw your hospital caption I nearly busted my gut laughing. It still makes me giggle just thinking about it. I think you'd make a great mom!;)

My friends brought the balloon that said "It's a boy" and I couldn't help but laugh. It hurt to laugh....

Chapter 2. Vague Trip Details

Can the words vague and details be in the same sentence?

jordanhospital-1.jpg

Seriously, this is a picture 2 days after I had an emergency appendectomy. It was gangrene.....:scared1: I was in the hospital for 5 days and home for 2 weeks after that. I'm still recovering....Anyway..on with the show.

Accommodations
So my cousin (WendyO on the DIS) and I had our first real conversation trying to figure out dates and such. She currently has a 2 bedroom villa at VWL booked which is their DVC home resort. She and Derek would really like to stay at BLT, but know that it may be near impossible to get. They would be happy with BCV or BWV, but can't move resorts until July 13--the 7 month window. It's a DVC rule...I kinda get it, but not really....

I may stay with them, but it's dependent on who else ends up coming. So as a back up, I am planning to reserve a room somewhere else on property probably a value and probably Pop. I might move up to a moderate if....

Traveling companions

I'd move to a moderate if I had someone to split the cost with. I've stayed at CBR and have been wanting to stay at POR. Here are a few people who I have in mind:

My roommates who I already asked once:
021_21_0001-1-1.jpg

My friend Donna:
015_15.jpg

or perhaps Kim who went with us last year. Although she has a boyfriend now:
wdwfeb2008523.jpg

or maybe Wendy's other friend Kim who traveled with us in 1999:
randompics017.jpg

or maybe one or more of the guys in my small group at church:
birthday2009010.jpg

Dates of travel
Again, I am not exactly sure when I'll be going. Wendy knows at least for them it'll be somewhere starting the 5th, 6th or 7th of February. They will for sure (?) head home on Sunday, February 14th so that they have one day, President's Day, for the kids to rest before going back to school.

I will stay 3-4 full days after they leave. I like being solo at WDW for part of the trip mostly because I can sleep in and have no where that I have to be. So I will leave WDW probably on Thursday, Feb 18th. Don't know when I'll fly out to Orlando.

Bottom line

I don't know where I'm staying so I can't book yet.
I don't know who's going other than my cousin's family
I don't know when I'm going.

Can you think of anything more frustrating for an OTP (obsessive trip planner) than uncertainty, especially when you're ONLY 8 months out from your trip!:scared1:

This is us too...we want to go early Feb...waiting for the new 2010 rates to come out bc we want to make value season...then we have to see when we can take off work...and then hopefully wait for some good deals to come out (I'm hoping for the 4/3 deal again) cause I really want to stay at the BC or if not WL...i don;t really want a value or mod because of possible having 2 strollers so I want to avoid a lot of buses if i can.

So we know we want to go...just don;t have anything booked or know when we can go or stay...totally frustrating...and I want to pick out my places to eat and you can;t book those until 3 mos before...so i am just sitting here twiddling my thumbs!

Chapter 2. Vague Trip Details

Can the words vague and details be in the same sentence?

jordanhospital-1.jpg

or maybe one or more of the guys in my small group at church:
birthday2009010.jpg

:
You could look at it this way.....you have countless possible iteneraries you can work on!!

If you're the 2nd man to have a baby.....when will you be on Oprah?

So, if you go with a group of peeps....do you follow yourself around taking pictures?

Uncertainty is the scourge of obsessive travel planners everywhere!!!

spoken like an english teacher......:laughing:

Oh my! I'm glad the gangrene stopped at your appendix and that you are feeling better. I hope the baby is doing well! :rotfl:

Uncertainty while planning a trip kills me! :scared1: I hope that one or more of those friends of yours commit soon!

I'm glad too. The DR said another 12 hours and maybe I would not be here now.

I am hoping for someone to hop on board soon. We'll see. Unlike the crazies here on the DIS, the regular folks out there sometimes don't make plans that far in advance.

Don't all WDW trips start out a little fuzzy around the edges? Things will become clearer as time goes on!

Glad you are continuing to recover from your ordeal. (Who gave you the "It's a Boy!" hospital balloon as a joke?) That must've made you laugh! :laughing:

Back in 2006 I was in and out of the hospital for a total of 21 days with complications following a surgery. I received flowers. I received balloons. But, the best gift was a WDW planning book one of my sisters brought me. (Open Mouse: PassPorter's Guide to WDW for Special Needs.)

In all the fuss, I had almost forgotten that we had a Disney trip scheduled four months later! It really helped pass the time... it really drags in the hospital... and gave me something to look forward to!

Just knowing you have a Disney trip on the horizon is the very best medicine!
nurse.gif

Kathy

Starting to plan this trip is helping me get through this lack of energy that I have. It's hard to explain, but my mind is ready to be 100%, but my body is just not cooperating.

Hopefully you can convince some of your buddies to go with you so you can stay at a moderate! I have never been solo but I may do that when my kids graduate. My hubby doesn't enjoy going :eek: so as I get older I may start taking some solo trips!
Glad everything went well with your appendix situation!

I am social by nature if you couldn't already tell. However, I do love my time alone. It's been 9 years since I stayed at a moderate. It's been either a DVC resort, a deluxe or Pop. So, I'm hoping to stay at either POR or CBR, my first choice being POR.

Insane in the membrane......(name the artist)

Congratulations on your new addition! :rotfl2:

In all seriousness I am glad that you are okay and recovering. :hug:

If you knew the family that brought that balloon, you would've laughed even harder. The husband of that family and I have know each other since 4th grade--so 38 years.

:thumbsup2Glad you are doing better.

I know how you feel about not knowing when where and who is joining you. I am in the same boat lol.

Good Luck.

Good luck to you too.:)

My PTR will be exactly the opposite issues:

1. I have a room booked:thumbsup2(ASSports, kids request for the "next Disney trip")
2. it is in 3 months:eek:
3. I have free dining:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 (otherwise I'd be going in Feb with all my LSU/Mardi gras peeps)
4. I know(kinda) where I wanna eat-and this part is cool, b/c DH doesn't care where we eat and my kids have no idea we MIGHT be going, so I get to pick them all out on my own:cloud9:. I hafta book June 13th.
5. I know who will be going with me

Issue-we are moving to Hoouston by end of year.

Jordan-feel better!!!

Lori

Thanks for rubbing it in...;)

I'm very happy for you and the fact that you can pretty much choose where you want to eat is even better.:thumbsup2

For sure, let me know what you think of ASSports....My goal is to try every resort on property and I've only gotten to 7 so far.

Awesome more sweaty asian guy!!!

Glad your back hope you recovery is going good. We were at POP this past Jan thought about your trippie several times while we were there. Particularly when we got a few "peeps" pics. Will try to post them for you later. Oh & when DS7 kept "hitting" on our waitress at Teppan Edo. Um she made the mistake of talking Godzilla with him. He fell "in love" & invited himself to come visit her in Japan.:lovestruc

Can't wait for more info.

:welcome:

We peeps have that affect on all people....:rolleyes1

Looking forward to some peeps pix.....

This is us too...we want to go early Feb...waiting for the new 2010 rates to come out bc we want to make value season...then we have to see when we can take off work...and then hopefully wait for some good deals to come out (I'm hoping for the 4/3 deal again) cause I really want to stay at the BC or if not WL...i don;t really want a value or mod because of possible having 2 strollers so I want to avoid a lot of buses if i can.

So we know we want to go...just don;t have anything booked or know when we can go or stay...totally frustrating...and I want to pick out my places to eat and you can;t book those until 3 mos before...so i am just sitting here twiddling my thumbs!

Have you stayed at BC before? It's one of my favorite resorts. It may not have the most awesome lobby like WL or AKL, but it has a personality all it's own. It's homey and laid back and really, you can't beat the proximity to Epcot. I love the WL too.

Twiddling my thumbs is not my forte.

You could look at it this way.....you have countless possible iteneraries you can work on!!

If you're the 2nd man to have a baby.....when will you be on Oprah?

So, if you go with a group of peeps....do you follow yourself around taking pictures?

Sadly, Oprah hasn't called.

and as far as the peeps comment, ask me what I did in China!

Glad you're feeling better.

Have you stayed at BC before? It's one of my favorite resorts. It may not have the most awesome lobby like WL or AKL, but it has a personality all it's own. It's homey and laid back and really, you can't beat the proximity to Epcot. I love the WL too.

Twiddling my thumbs is not my forte.

no...haven;t stayed at either one...but i stayed at the BW last trip! Loved the proximity to Epcot and the world showcase and ESPN Zone (DH mainly for that one)....we liked to drink around the world (though we didn't like the bill...that was unsetteling how much booze costs in WDW) ...it will be different this time with a baby...but thats why grandparents are coming along :yay: and for cupholders in the stroller :rolleyes:

Sadly, Oprah hasn't called.

and as far as the peeps comment, ask me what I did in China!

Sorry to hear about Oprah...apparenlty its only a big story once ONE man does it and the 2nd time he does it (apparently he is/was pregnant again but could have had the baby by now)

What did you do in China??

I'll ask!!! :yay:

Jordan, what did you do in China??

Kathy

Pics coming up today....

Glad you're feeling better.

no...haven;t stayed at either one...but i stayed at the BW last trip! Loved the proximity to Epcot and the world showcase and ESPN Zone (DH mainly for that one)....we liked to drink around the world (though we didn't like the bill...that was unsetteling how much booze costs in WDW) ...it will be different this time with a baby...but thats why grandparents are coming along :yay: and for cupholders in the stroller :rolleyes:

BW is soo awesome. I like being able to stumble, er, I mean walk back to the room from ESPN.

hurray for Grandparents!

hurray for cupholders..hopefully you won't mistake the sippy cup for a beer cup....;)

Sorry to hear about Oprah...apparenlty its only a big story once ONE man does it and the 2nd time he does it (apparently he is/was pregnant again but could have had the baby by now)

What did you do in China??

Exactly. I'm old news.

J, only 3 more days!!!!

I know!!! :yay:

I don't like not knowing. I'm usually in full planning mode by now. I'm trying to think of other things I can get set in the mean time. I will probably start working on a new binder.............

Oh, you know I am all about new binders!!!

Apparently my DR said it could've been when my appendix inflamed that it cut off blood flow and it started rotting...:scared1:

:scared1: Bad enough that it would get inflamed, but ewwww...I am glad they caught it and got it out! :hug:

Thanks for rubbing it in...;)

I'm very happy for you and the fact that you can pretty much choose where you want to eat is even better.:thumbsup2

For sure, let me know what you think of ASSports....My goal is to try every resort on property and I've only gotten to 7 so far...

Well, we have been before, and speaking from a deep south family of 4-me and DH, 39, and DD's 9 and 11-this is our second favorite value resort. We love Asmovies best and if you recall, were not big fans of POP in 2/08.

I have stayed at POR and liked Asmovies and sports better. It's just us. How i would love to do a pirate room at CBR.... but I just can't move out of values yet!!!;) Trying to keep a budget and stay home with these kids we have....

Lori

Jordan, surely one of those people will want to go to WDW with you! Have they just not been introduced to the mouse?? (except Kim, we know she has).

So, I have a Disneyland question for you...can you recommend what nearby hotel offsite for one night? Our one day in DL is turning into two, but we need cheap lodging to swing that two day park-hopper. Our first day will be shorter in order to visit a cousin in Costa Mesa that I haven't seen in 30 years, so we decided to just spend the night and have another whole day. Do any of the offsite hotels enable you to have an early entry morning?

Jordan, surely one of those people will want to go to WDW with you! Have they just not been introduced to the mouse?? (except Kim, we know she has).

So, I have a Disneyland question for you...can you recommend what nearby hotel offsite for one night? Our one day in DL is turning into two, but we need cheap lodging to swing that two day park-hopper. Our first day will be shorter in order to visit a cousin in Costa Mesa that I haven't seen in 30 years, so we decided to just spend the night and have another whole day. Do any of the offsite hotels enable you to have an early entry morning?

I have some exciting news about who's going coming up really soon.:thumbsup2

I will look into hotels, but there are a ton right across the street from DL within walking distance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter