Peeps, restrooms & drunks. A hot, sweaty Asian TR-Pt.2 1/21-Under the sea

Status
Not open for further replies.
You described why we all go back to disney world perfectly!:thumbsup2 I got goosebumps and butterflies in my stomach thinking about it, and I'll be back there in 2 weeks!:cool1: pixiedust:

See you there!! I can not wait

Aw Jordan, I KNOW that Disney feeling :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes It's the best, isn't it? You're update actually made me sad that everyone was leaving, even though you all actually left a year ago :laughing: I'm glad everyone was able to enjoy a few last minutes of park time together before it was time to head back home. I can't wait to read what little's left :sad1:

China's going to be AMAZING!!!! What a great experience... have an unbelievable time and be sure to take a ton of pictures to share when you get back! Are you going to be writing a full trip report??

Jordan, I love the way you describe that feeling of going to WDW, you are so right I feel that way too. It is so addictive, that feeling of knowing you are there, what magic lies ahead. Wonderful pictures as usual. I can't get enough of Erin and Dylan, they are adorable.

Be careful, take care of yourself, and please, please keep us updated on your China trip. Don't drop off the face of the Earth again ok? We have you and Kathy back now, I don't want to lose ya again :grouphug: .

I'm not going anywhere. Remember, I have a PTR to start....:thumbsup2

I have that exact feeling when I arrive in Orlando and WDW, just so calming and relaxing and just well magical! :goodvibes

It's a feeling really like no other.

The way you described getting there and the feeling made me so glad I am going back. I know exactly what you are talking about. I can't wait to see your pictures from China.

There are several moments over the course of the vacation that cause me to have that feeling. Usually when I am out late at night and have the resort to myself, I really feel transported...it's hard to explain....

While reading your description of "that feeling", it reminded me of our last trip. We were driving of course - and in Florida - getting close to Orlando. I put my window down and the air hit me - warm and sunny. :goodvibes And then when you see the Disney World entrance - it's just something you can't really explain to someone unless they've been there and experienced it too.

Looks like you all had a lovely last few hours together in Epcot. :thumbsup2

Jordan - I am soooooo excited for you and your upcoming trip to China!!! I mean REALLY. :hyper:

That hard to explain feeling...I know it well. Sitting on the many benches during this trip, I felt that indescribable feeling of joy, contentment..relaxation....

I can't wait to go..I'm excited, nervous, expectant......

I've been lurking in the shadows.
:cheer2: 7 days till China!!!! and 14 days till WDW for me!!!

And you get to meet some DISers right? What meets do you have planned?

::yes:: i hear ya! i hate it when people ask me how i can go back so often. i don't understand how people go to the beach YEAR AFTER YEAR. humidity, sweat, salt water, sand all over everything.....not my idea of fun! now i do admit that i love laying in the sun on a nice pleasant morning or late afternoon before the sun goes down and listening to the ocean. but everything else about it just doesn't appeal to me. but i don't fault them for it because i know some people enjoy that. i've been to WDW 5 times in the past 2 years and i STILL have yet to do everything! i haven't even come close. and every single experience is always different. besides that, i love that i can just let go of everything else around me and be in my own little disney-fied world. some people just don't get it.

I know what you mean when you say that you still haven't done everything at WDW yet. I've gone 14x and still have more to discover.

I would like to stay at a Monorail Resort
I would like to stay at POR/FQ
I would like to take a tour.
I haven't eaten at Marrakesh, Nine Dragons, Rose and Crown yet.
I haven't stepped foot in Ft Wildnerness since 1992.
I haven't seen Cirque yet.
I haven't been to Blizzard Beach since 1996.
I haven't been miniature golfing yet.
I haven't eaten at Boma yet.

great pictures! I love your description of getting to WDW and why you return. Some people just don't "get" this and don't understand. I guess you have to be there rather than have someone tell you. My own mother actually said to me the other day...."I think you guys need to branch out and stop going to Disney World". :sad2: None of our family really gets it and that's fine.....but I don't understand the need to tell us where to vacation. :confused3

I can't believe how close your China trip is!!! Have a wonderful time! :wave2:

Exactly. don't tell me where to vacation.:thumbsup2

same here jordan, i should ask how they can go to the same golf vacations each year,

i wish people would just get over it and leave us disney fanatics alone.

:thumbsup2

All they see are the theme parks and the crowds.....:confused3

Boy do I know the feeling ! When we first wen in 2007 I was the one who really didn't want to go !! But being the planne that I was I got hooked on the Dis !! My excitemnet was rising I caught itfrom you guys! Well once there I was hooked and haven't stopped plnnoing and dreaming since !! The rest of the family love it but totaly leave the planning to me ! "Just tell us where we are going today etcetc !!" I would be bored on any other vacation , the family do want so day to do a Disney cruise sooo maybe that will be oka!!
Jordan loved the updates and am looking for the China TR !!

The China TR will be integrated with my 2010 WDW PTR/2012 50th birthday blowout PTR.

Loved the update! You def summed up the feeling of being at Disney....it's magical!!!!
Have a wonderful and safe time in China!!!!

I just hope not to have any stomach issues

Hello! I accidentally stumbled across the trip report today and what caught me was the title. I LOVED IT and you remind me so much of a cousin of mine (who lives in Jersey) who can just crack me up all the time. Reading your report today just absolutely had me on the floor. Just wanted to thank you for a great trip report! Hope I can read more from you! :goodvibes

:welcome: thanks for coming on board!!!! I've still got a few more updates til I'm through.....

You described why we all go back to disney world perfectly!:thumbsup2 I got goosebumps and butterflies in my stomach thinking about it, and I'll be back there in 2 weeks!:cool1: pixiedust:

I'm bummed that I won't be going back this year:sad1:

I may try to go twice in 2010.

See you there!! I can not wait

:sad1: :sad1: wish I could be there.

Aw Jordan, I KNOW that Disney feeling :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes It's the best, isn't it? You're update actually made me sad that everyone was leaving, even though you all actually left a year ago :laughing: I'm glad everyone was able to enjoy a few last minutes of park time together before it was time to head back home. I can't wait to read what little's left :sad1:

China's going to be AMAZING!!!! What a great experience... have an unbelievable time and be sure to take a ton of pictures to share when you get back! Are you going to be writing a full trip report??

I am going to write a full trip report.....:thumbsup2 Hopefully it won't take a year to post....

:thumbsup2 Nice updates Jordan:thumbsup2

Thanks to my SoCal/OC brother.

Jordan, you are so right about "getting it" (that WDW feeling).

You might like to read this old Mike Scopa article about being in the "Disney Zone", I think it speaks to what you are talking about. :thumbsup2

http://www.mouseplanet.com/articles.php?art=ms040319ms

I'm so excited for you... China.... all I can say is "WOW!"

Kathy

From just going to WDW every year to going half way around the world...by myself? It's quite a departure for me.

I'll take a look at the article when I get home from work...

I just realized that you were posting on my report the same time that I was posting on yours! :rotfl2:

Jordan, I remember back when you first started your PTR.... how you always hoped that planning your trip (and eventually going back to WDW) would be much-needed therapy for all the stressfull things that had been happening in your life at that time.

There is such joy in your report and so much love in your family... I know that your hopes for the trip came true. :grouphug:

Now... on to the next PTR!!!!

Kathy

Okay, everybody.
5 pages to say something and say goodbye.
250 pages.

I can't believe you're going to China! I think that is so exciting! I'm sure I'll be thinking of you while I'm touring the china pavilion..........you'll be in the real place!pixiedust:

5 pages left... I wonder if we'll make it...

I love the way you describe arriving at WDW, just as everyone else who has posted has said. I've been once and it was the most elating thing just stepping off the plane and feeling the humidity and making my way through the airport, watching all of the tired little kids who wanted to be excited but were too exhausted, knowing that in just a few short hours, I would be at the Happiest Place on Earth. And as soon as I saw the Walt Disney World welcome sign, I knew this was a wonderful new place. And just being in the crush of people waiting for the parks to open, I felt so elated. It's odd how some people seem to feel it, and how others just don't. How dull their lives must be... (Oh, and I loved that article Kathy. :upsidedow )

Wow. China. That's just...absolutely amazing. It's been a dream of mine to be able to go their for quite a while. The Olympics only heightened that desire. :) One day... How long are you going to be gone? You probably posted that somewhere earlier but I haven't sifted through the dozens of pages that pop up over night.

Oh, and it seems I might be around your neck of the woods in a little under 2 months to go to Disneyland! Whoot! I figure it's one of the happiest places to celebrate a birthday. ;)

In case I'm not around again in the next week, happy traveling Jordan!

Great entry, Jordon.
I think you hit the nail right on the head, the way you described "that feeling". It's exactly how I feel, how we all feel. It's a feeling like no other.
Have a great time in China. Oh and your next trip to WDW, make ressies at Boma. It's awesome!

First. Great report Jordan!! I just loved it!!

Yes, I get to meet Blue eyed Girl, Winkers, Wirki & Sarilas. We are all pumped!

Hlrababy was supposed to be there too, but canceled her trip. :sad1:

Nice farewell pics! I'm sorry the gang is gone, cuz your TR is getting close to the end - of course, not that I wanted to remind you, but it is almost a year since your trip! :rotfl2: Please come by and post a couple of China pics when you get back!

Jordan said:
As I ready myself for my trip to China, I look back on this trip and I miss sooo much about WDW. Someone asked me on Friday how I can go on to WDW over and over again. For me...it's about getting off the plane and immediately feeling that humid air walking down the jetway. It's about walking through that airport. It's about getting to that WDW resort and walking in those doors and being hit with that feeling...you know it. If you close your eyes...you can feel it too. I'd go back for that first initial feeling alone......

And this is why I am a member of the DIS! Because you all "get it" when nobody around me understands the "IT" I`ve met alot of great friends here, some I have met. :goodvibes a lot whom I hope to meet, and still mean the world to me like I`ve known you all forever...Thanks Jordan! :hug:
have a great and safe trip to China! ::yes::

great update and pics.

I get the way you described but for me it is also that I can go there and be fat and people don't snicker at me. :thumbsup2

great update and pics.

I get the way you described but for me it is also that I can go there and be fat and people don't snicker at me. :thumbsup2

You are so right about that Scott!! I don't worry about my weight when I am there, it is great :rotfl2:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter