Peeps, restrooms & drunks. A hot, sweaty Asian TR-Pt.2 1/21-Under the sea

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've actually talked about this - like how normal (and I use the term "normal" loosely... what? we're not normal?? :rolleyes1 ) guidebooks give ratings for adults, kids, teens for rides, restaurants, etc... We were going to rate them based on comfort factor, sleepability, etc... WDW for old people. We were going to have sample day itineraries taking you from bench to bench to bench.... maybe we'll have a book for the "Undiscovered WDW... from benches to bathrooms." Ahh, what a fun title. :rotfl2:

that is great! :rotfl2: i'd definitely buy it.

jordan - when do you leave for china?

Chapter 87. Monday, February 11th. Day 12. Part 3. The gang's final hours.....

As I ready myself for my trip to China, I look back on this trip and I miss sooo much about WDW. Someone asked me on Friday how I can go on to WDW over and over again. For me...it's about getting off the plane and immediately feeling that humid air walking down the jetway. It's about walking through that airport. It's about getting to that WDW resort and walking in those doors and being hit with that feeling...you know it. If you close your eyes...you can feel it too. I'd go back for that first initial feeling alone......

anyways.....so as i was checking into the rest of the gang was checking out of the BCV.....and getting ready for a few more precious hours at Epcot before heading to the airport.....

a few last pics on the beach at the Beach Club.
IMG_0646.jpg

IMG_0647.jpg

IMG_0648.jpg

A last look at the view...see you in 2010!
IMG_0650.jpg

So sad to go:
IMG_0651.jpg

The kids finishing up their masks:
IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

The last character pics of the trip:
IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0660.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

the whole family
IMG_0662.jpg

continued in next post.

Chapter 87. Continued.

We met up outside the Germany Pavilion and continued Wendy, Derek and the kids' last hours at WDW.

We went to the China Pavilion and saw the movie there:

Here's a nice picture of Kim:
wdwfeb2008645.jpg

Me doing some tai chi:
wdwfeb2008646.jpg

I'll try to take a picture in front of the real thing......

Remember these pics as I will compare them to some of the architecture I actually see in a few weeks.
wdwfeb2008647.jpg

wdwfeb2008648.jpg

Doing the lion roar:
wdwfeb2008649.jpg

We went on Maelstrom...even Erin. She was a bit scared, but she liked it and has recently mentioned that she would like to ride it again.

On our way to Mexico. We heard and saw the mariachi band, but someone walked in front of the picture:
wdwfeb2008650.jpg

We went on the Gran Fiesta and saw this:
wdwfeb2008654.jpg

Someone already getting back into work mode:
wdwfeb2008655.jpg

Now it was time to say goodbye to Wendy, Derek, Erin and Dylan:
wdwfeb2008656.jpg

Sadness abounds:
wdwfeb2008657.jpg

the Princess poses:
wdwfeb2008658.jpg

wdwfeb2008659.jpg

Goodbye Dylan:
wdwfeb2008660.jpg

We said our goodbyes feeling a bit sad that the vacation was winding down...

then they were off...

Kim and I still had a lunch at Coral Reef and then she was off the catch her plane home......

Jordan, I love the way you describe that feeling of going to WDW, you are so right I feel that way too. It is so addictive, that feeling of knowing you are there, what magic lies ahead. Wonderful pictures as usual. I can't get enough of Erin and Dylan, they are adorable.

Be careful, take care of yourself, and please, please keep us updated on your China trip. Don't drop off the face of the Earth again ok? We have you and Kathy back now, I don't want to lose ya again :grouphug: .

The way you described getting there and the feeling made me so glad I am going back. I know exactly what you are talking about. I can't wait to see your pictures from China.

While reading your description of "that feeling", it reminded me of our last trip. We were driving of course - and in Florida - getting close to Orlando. I put my window down and the air hit me - warm and sunny. :goodvibes And then when you see the Disney World entrance - it's just something you can't really explain to someone unless they've been there and experienced it too.

Looks like you all had a lovely last few hours together in Epcot. :thumbsup2

Jordan - I am soooooo excited for you and your upcoming trip to China!!! I mean REALLY. :hyper:

As I ready myself for my trip to China, I look back on this trip and I miss sooo much about WDW. Someone asked me on Friday how I can go on to WDW over and over again. For me...it's about getting off the plane and immediately feeling that humid air walking down the jetway. It's about walking through that airport. It's about getting to that WDW resort and walking in those doors and being hit with that feeling...you know it. If you close your eyes...you can feel it too. I'd go back for that first initial feeling alone......

::yes:: i hear ya! i hate it when people ask me how i can go back so often. i don't understand how people go to the beach YEAR AFTER YEAR. humidity, sweat, salt water, sand all over everything.....not my idea of fun! now i do admit that i love laying in the sun on a nice pleasant morning or late afternoon before the sun goes down and listening to the ocean. but everything else about it just doesn't appeal to me. but i don't fault them for it because i know some people enjoy that. i've been to WDW 5 times in the past 2 years and i STILL have yet to do everything! i haven't even come close. and every single experience is always different. besides that, i love that i can just let go of everything else around me and be in my own little disney-fied world. some people just don't get it.

Doing the lion roar:
wdwfeb2008649.jpg

look at erin! :rotfl:

Goodbye Dylan:
wdwfeb2008660.jpg

dylan looks like he's ready to go!

great pictures! I love your description of getting to WDW and why you return. Some people just don't "get" this and don't understand. I guess you have to be there rather than have someone tell you. My own mother actually said to me the other day...."I think you guys need to branch out and stop going to Disney World". :sad2: None of our family really gets it and that's fine.....but I don't understand the need to tell us where to vacation. :confused3

I can't believe how close your China trip is!!! Have a wonderful time! :wave2:

same here jordan, i should ask how they can go to the same golf vacations each year,

i wish people would just get over it and leave us disney fanatics alone.

:thumbsup2

Boy do I know the feeling ! When we first wen in 2007 I was the one who really didn't want to go !! But being the planne that I was I got hooked on the Dis !! My excitemnet was rising I caught itfrom you guys! Well once there I was hooked and haven't stopped plnnoing and dreaming since !! The rest of the family love it but totaly leave the planning to me ! "Just tell us where we are going today etcetc !!" I would be bored on any other vacation , the family do want so day to do a Disney cruise sooo maybe that will be oka!!
Jordan loved the updates and am looking for the China TR !!

Loved the update! You def summed up the feeling of being at Disney....it's magical!!!!
Have a wonderful and safe time in China!!!!

Hello! I accidentally stumbled across the trip report today and what caught me was the title. I LOVED IT and you remind me so much of a cousin of mine (who lives in Jersey) who can just crack me up all the time. Reading your report today just absolutely had me on the floor. Just wanted to thank you for a great trip report! Hope I can read more from you! :goodvibes

I have that same feeling every time I arrive at DW. It just makes my heart flutter just thinking about it.

Sad to see everyone go. Hope you behave yourself on your own :rotfl2:

You described why we all go back to disney world perfectly!:thumbsup2 I got goosebumps and butterflies in my stomach thinking about it, and I'll be back there in 2 weeks!:cool1: pixiedust:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter