Peeps, restrooms and drunks. A hot, sweaty Asian TR=Feb 08-4/27-Okay folks.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jordan :hug:, you are so sweet to tell them not to come back and just ask for tips. Poor baby J I am glad she finally went to sleep and Dylan was so good just hanging out through all that. I hope you spent some time in the spa.

Thanks for writing such a great report.

Poor Baby J (and you!). We had some nights like that last summer when traveling. It's one thing to have a crying baby at home, but IMO it seems worse when you're in a strange place. I feel for you!

Anyway - another great update and pics!

There's a reason she was crying, but that will come up on Day 8 or 9.

Thank goodness our Villa was on the end. I was able to take Baby J in our room which didn't share a wall with another Villa. I closed the door to try and prevent other guest from hearing the crying. I think it worked.

I'm checking in again:goodvibes , read the last two updates and am current now.

You are such a funny guy, sorry you got stuck watching the parade, too funny about the depends:lmao:

Nice of you to babysit again. Sorry you had such a stressful time with the baby. It gets to you I know, non stop crying will fry your nerves. Glad she finally fell asleep poor thing.

Nice shot of the board walk:thumbsup2

Yay. Thanks for checking in......

Parades and me are not friends....

I don't mind the crying as long as I can drink myself silly afterwards....;)

Jordan :hug:, you are so sweet to tell them not to come back and just ask for tips. Poor baby J I am glad she finally went to sleep and Dylan was so good just hanging out through all that. I hope you spent some time in the spa.

Thanks for writing such a great report.

Tracy!!!!

All the old school Peeps are dropping by to say hi...it's making my day:hug:

Dylan looked in a few times to see what all the fuss was about and then just went back to hanging out watching the TV......good kid.....mostly.

I didn't do the spa this time....mistake I think.

Thanks again for posting. It's always nice to hear from old friends.....

Nice update

bummer about the onions, :sad2:

I would be in real trouble because I love onions on everything :cool1:

If you noticed, I'm not in any of the pictures or Dylan or Baby J. That's right I babysat again...

Hey if you aren't busy Friday and Saturday we have 7 kids under 3 that you could watch so the parents can go have a good time :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

j/k you're a good peeps to do that :thumbsup2

Awwww, Jordan. So sorry to hear about the latest adventures in babysitting. Poor baby J and poor you. I know that is no fun for anyone. I'm glad you got to go out afterwards and relax for a bit. You are so nice to not have called them and begged them to come back.

Teppan Edo sounds/looks yummy and a good time! :thumbsup2 Great pics!

Sounds like you really earned your drinks that night.:rotfl2: You did good, though. I'm sure it was rough. I can hardly stand to listen to my own kid cry for 5min let alone over an hour!:eek:

Phew!! I have finally read it all. In one day, no less!

You are a hoot!! Have enjoyed every second of it!:cheer2:

:flower3: Thanks for making me laugh and sharing your trip!:flower3:

My day is gone, and what have I accomplished here at home? Hardly anything. But it's been fun!

Here are some pictures from the meal:

Wendy:
IMG_0232.jpg

Erin took this shot. My budding paparrazzi.

Are you sensing a theme?
IMG_0241.jpg

I just love how Erin kept popping up in all the photos :rotfl2:

Great update. I love that Erin needed to be in all the pics. She is my kind of gal:thumbsup2

Yup. She's a picture hog. Remember the "friendships" picture with Kim?

Erin showing her dexterity with chopsticks (Ohashi in Japanese):
IMG_0237.jpg

Teppan Edo looks like so much fun! I love Teppanyaki! Erin is such a cutie and really good with the chopsticks.

good job Erin! :thumbsup2 My kids SHOCKED my parents when they were 2 and 3 by being decent with chopsticks.....

We have these cool "training" chopsticks @ home where they have finger loops to teach how to hold them properly. Erin and Dylan love using them for ramen noodles and whatnot.

I bet Dylan was thinking to himself "Why won't he shut that thing up?? I'm TRYING to watch TV here!!" :rotfl2: I can only imagine the dirty looks he was giving you :sad2:

You're psychic. "Dirty" is the key word. Read on...

About an hour and 10-15 minutes total of crying. I was pretty tired...Oh wait....Where's Dylan?:eek: :eek: :scared:

Dylan was jus' chillin' in the living room watching the TV.....

And apparently sitting in his own poop. Jordan failed to mention that Dylan would periodically come to see where he was, peek in the room, then go back out to the living room. When Baby J was finally down and Jordan checked on Dylan, he found that he had pooped in his diaper (although he wears diapers, he is poop-potty trained pretty much so he'll let us know when he has to go).

And apparently it had been a while since it was sort of dried and crusty on his rear.

Poor Dylan. :sad2:

I think Wendy's MIL has a few.....

I'll see if I can find some for you.

How did they like Tepan Edo? I have an adr for there and I hope it's as good as it was before the remodel.

Teppan Edo was yum yum. I got the filet mignon and shrimp combination. I really like it after the remodel - feels much larger and more modern table surfaces. They redid that whole Tempura Kiku sushi bar and lounge area so that it's a wide open sit down restaurant, and then the left side of the building is Teppan Edo. Pretty cool.

So, who has a TR with a tale about this poor drunk guy running from him while he yelled "Dude! Your Beer!!"

Ahhhh, memories. Seems like so long ago. This was fuuuuuuuunny.

Jordan, you are a saint taking care of those kiddos and not calling and begging for help with the crying baby. I would have totally freaked but then again I have not dealt with babies much.

Jordan has lots o' experience. He's been watching Erin since she was born... Also I think he can handle it because he knows he can give them back at the end of the night and the stress of the next 18 years doesn't haunt him (teenage years, college tuition, etc). Ha ha.

Phew!! I have finally read it all. In one day, no less! My day is gone, and what have I accomplished here at home. Hardly anything. But it's been fun!

IMPRESSIVE. :worship: I'm surprised you still have sight. Check out Jordan's PTR... now THAT'S a monster of a thread. Ha ha. :laughing:

another great update, Jordan. Never been to Teppan Edo. Looks like fun.
As all have said before me, you are a great Uncle and terrific baby sitter.
Good Job!!

I now have a post-it note on my computer so I can jot down the last post I read here on this mega-thread.

Was someone slippin' Baby J some onions that day?

I'm happy to hear Wendy report that Teppan Edo was yummy...I'm planning on going in October.

[/QUOTE]IMPRESSIVE. :worship: I'm surprised you still have sight. Check out Jordan's PTR... now THAT'S a monster of a thread. Ha ha. :laughing:[/QUOTE]

Oh, I don't know if I can handle that!!:lmao:

Your family seems so sweet; thanks for giving us a glimpse, Wendy!

Nice update

bummer about the onions, :sad2:

I would be in real trouble because I love onions on everything :cool1:

Hey if you aren't busy Friday and Saturday we have 7 kids under 3 that you could watch so the parents can go have a good time :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

j/k you're a good peeps to do that :thumbsup2

Not much my stomach can handle these days, which I hear is a sign of age...bummer.

I'm always up for babysitting.

Awwww, Jordan. So sorry to hear about the latest adventures in babysitting. Poor baby J and poor you. I know that is no fun for anyone. I'm glad you got to go out afterwards and relax for a bit. You are so nice to not have called them and begged them to come back.

Ehh....it wasn't bad at all. I felt sorry for Baby J and for anyone within earshot...;)

Teppan Edo sounds/looks yummy and a good time! :thumbsup2 Great pics!

Sounds like you really earned your drinks that night.:rotfl2: You did good, though. I'm sure it was rough. I can hardly stand to listen to my own kid cry for 5min let alone over an hour!:eek:

I love Baby J so it was very difficult not knowing what the issue was....

another great update, Jordan. Never been to Teppan Edo. Looks like fun.
As all have said before me, you are a great Uncle and terrific baby sitter.
Good Job!!

I haven't been for quite a few years myself even before the remodel. I'm always babysitting. Not a big deal for me...

I now have a post-it note on my computer so I can jot down the last post I read here on this mega-thread.

Was someone slippin' Baby J some onions that day?

I'm happy to hear Wendy report that Teppan Edo was yummy...I'm planning on going in October.

Baby J didn't eat onions but if you read Wendy's post. I forgot that Dylan had done a big poop....maybe he did....:rolleyes1

This TR is getting pretty monsterous....but hopefully still fun for people to read.:)

That's a great picture of Erin. What a beauty!

I've got a sure fire method for crying babies or children. Put on set of headphones and crank up the tunz! With a baby I do a little light bouncing, hum, and patting on their back.

With children, I lock them in the closet and go to the bar. :thumbsup2

I just love how Erin kept popping up in all the photos :rotfl2:

You are such a great Uncle, can I bring you on my next trip? :rotfl: A crying baby is one of the worst things isn't it, especially when you've tried everything to calm them!

I can remember going to Tepan Edo (or what ever it was called then) when I was about 15 and the chef threw knives around and did a really good show, someone told me they can't do that any more due to health and safety :sad2:

We used to go to one in Okinawa when my boys were small - they called it the "flying bread place" because the chefs would flip slices of garlic toast around. :rotfl2:

AW, Erin's cute little face in all the pics! You are a saint! I can't believe you didn't ask them to come back. My guess is Baby J was cutting some teeth.
Great update, as usual :thumbsup2

I just continually update my bookmarked spot. So I'm at "dis 150" now. Then I can just jump back to the page I was last on and see how far behind I am again. :surfweb:

Oh, I don't know if I can handle that!!:lmao:

Your family seems so sweet; thanks for giving us a glimpse, Wendy!

Next time you have insommnia, you'll have something to read. Hee hee.

Sweet...? They look that way from afar. :magnify: Hee hee. :angel: :angel:

That's a great picture of Erin. What a beauty!

:thanks: She takes after her mama. :laughing: :rotfl:

I've got a sure fire method for crying babies or children. Put on set of headphones and crank up the tunz!

On you or the baby? :cool1:

With a baby I do a little light bouncing, hum, and patting on their back.

Doesn't bouncing on the baby hurt them? Hmmmmm. :scared: :confused:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter