Party of 28, your table is ready!!! ***Update 10/11/08-- chapter 6 beginning**

Ha, ha! I can totally relate to this:

Now I on the other hand, seemed rushed.

Video.

Pictures.

Eat.

Change the paper on the redneck autograph clipboard.

Drink.

Can’t forget that.

Eat.

It was a little crazy.

Loving your report!!!:thumbsup2

There are so many funny quotes in your last update, that I decided not to use the "quote" funtion...really great update!!

Love the brazilian comment...
Also the Wimpy/heafty comment...
My mom made me do....

Wow...
I am really enjoying following your family's adventures!
lynn

Thank you!!! :yay:

Great day at Blizzard!! :) I haven't been there in AGES!!!

I'll have to come back and check the photos though. I think the site you use is blocked here at work so everything is just blank. :( I know it works at home though! :)

I used photobucket. :confused3 I was having so much trouble uploading too!

I was so excited today when I checked your TR to see chapter 5 was up!!! I am loving your TR. You crack me up. I've never been to the water parks but it would be nice to leave off the makeup, hair primping etc. But knowing me I'd still do my makeup. I can't help it though...my mom's the type to not go to the mailbox w/o at least putting on some mascara and eye shadow:rotfl: :confused3 I'm really enjoying your reports. Can't wait to find out about Chef Mickey's.

Thank you! It was a great day at the water park. The kids could go do what they want and mom and dad could lounge around and finally talk!!!

Sounds like a great day at Blizzard Beach for all of you! Can't wait to read what everyone else's day was like!

It was a great day!! Thanks!!!

Fun day at the beach. We went to Blizzard beach and spent half the time on the lazy river. lol

I TOTALLY believe you that you bought the ice cream for the pail and shovel. Yep, I really do! :lmao:

Please don't make us wait too long to hear about Chef Mickey's. :scared: I will go into panic mode. ;)

Speaking of the pail and shovel, I wonder where that thing is. :confused3 I wanted it soooo bad and now I misplaced it......

I'm still enjoying your TR, but I am leaving at 3 am to head down to the world myself...so I will have to catch up when I get back next week!

:goodvibes

Oh I hope you had a good time!!! Give me details when you get back!!!

Still enjoying your TR! We have never been to Blizzard Beach, but it looks like so much fun. We have to try the pail and shovel! Can't wait to read more!!:goodvibes

yup! loved the pictures! :) hahaha.... love the mickey ice cream bar :) total waste of a snack credit.. LOL

:laughing:

I'm so happy to see that you and your family had so much fun at Blizzar, I've never been there 'cause I don"t like pools too much, but..... maybe on my next trip I could try.:flower3:

:thumbsup2 We loved Blizzard Beach!!

I also loved the option to add the test track picture to the photopass. They should do it for all of them. :(

I agree!!! I never buy the ride photos because 1. I don't want to carry it arod all day 2. takes too much time out of my day to get it.

Great update!!!:thumbsup2

I love the photopass pic of you and your boys!:goodvibes

:goodvibes Thanks!

I love, love, love Teamboat Springs! Good call having a "do your own thing" day...alone time is so important even during a family vacation.

Thanks!!!:yay:

I'm totally enjoying your trippie! My mom and dad are celebrating their 50th in June of next year and we seriously contemplated taking the whole family to WDW to celebrate. Not quite as many of us though, 16 total.
We decided against it because it would be mom's idea of a dream vacation but not my dad's. Dad is totally not a Disney person and mom admits she would probably have more fun going without him anyway. :rotfl: Gotta love 50 years of marriage-induced honesty! :confused3 So Mom's coming with me and my family as a "babysitter" in January instead! :lmao: Win-win for her and me. And Dad thinks she's just going to watch the kids the whole time. I guarantee she rides more rides than I do!

Can't wait for your next update!

~Aimee

That's awesome!!! I would take my mother or even MIL as a babysitter in a heartbeat. :goodvibes

I'm only to that part of reading your TR, it's 1:04am and I just can't STOP reading but wanted to tell you really quick, that the family cut off happend to me once. But thanks to new technology most places offer a print that is 8x12 instead of 8x10 and you CAN find frames for them, maybe you could go that route and still get the big picture?

I just checked mpix.com and they do have 8x12 AND it doesn't cut anyone off!!! YEAH!!!!! :thumbsup2 Now, the search is on for a frame!!!

You crack me up! :lmao: I love your trippie! I cannot believe I missed the garbage pail! Amazing!!! :thumbsup2

The garbage pail is KIND OF like a banana split with no bananas. The also put little crunchies....maybe crushed oreos....in it.....anyway, it was amazing!!!!

So we hurry and take a pic of mom and dad with 5 of their 6 kids

What a beautiful picture.......it's hard to look at......can't you photoshop me in?:sad1:

And sister, this better not be your only post!!!!

k, i've waited patiently all weekend, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! I need help!! please... anything... throw me something... you're leaving again soon... I need more TR!! don't leave me hanging like this::scared:

Posts like this keep me going!!!!

OMG! Too funny! :rotfl2:

:rotfl:

Hey, our Chef Mickey's ADR (the only ADR we have lol) is for 16 :lmao: Great update - love the pictures :thumbsup2 They really SHOULD have whiskey for the parental units at all restaurants - or at least champagne :rotfl2: I'm glad you found your "stolen" pins LOL I'm thinking that for our 9:10am breaky at CM, we'll just take cabs instead of the buses.

Thanks for the update - looking forward to the next one popcorn::

Buses are doable (is that a word?) but it takes so much longer. DH and I are flying next week and I'm going to be stuck with no car. I think I'm going to take cabs too.

ahhh, thank you...i feel so much better now! :hug: i can relax a bit:beach:

You're welcome! :thumbsup2

Yay a update!

:)

Great update! You took so many picture...when did you have time to eat???

I didn't!!! Really, I think I left hungry!

Thank you Thank you for another report. My day had gone bad. Too much rain (10 inches yesterday) and then I lost my glasses at the grocery store. Got home with groceries, no glasses, good thing I didn't have an accident, and fought with my 10 year old son for the computer, to find another update. YEAH YEAH. My day was better now. On top of that the grocery store just called and they FOUND my glasses. Now my day is even better because I don't have to spend a ton of $$$ for new ones even though I really do need them. I can use that $$ to put a deposit down on our adults only 25th anniversary trip next year in December. Can you keep me entertained until then!!!!!
Lynn

OMGosh- sounds like a rough day. Actually, I had a crappy day too. Coming on here helps. We had a huge wind storm yesterday. Over a million customers without power. We weren't one of them, thank goodness BUT our whole sub-division is and my family is out so I've been opening up my home.....and freezers!!! Today I drove to 18 (seriously) different gas stations. They were all out. Finally, I found one with gas and had to wait 30 minutes for my turn. I finally get to work, I forget my badge. Work's security is a joke and they made me mad. Anyway....I get on here and read posts like yours and it makes my day!!!! :goodvibes I'm glad your day is better! And better yet- I'm glad they found your glasses!!!

It's a good thing I'm sitting down, because otherwise I'd have to sit down - the too cool nephew is (1) actually smiling; and (2) not wearing odd things on his head! Go, dude, go!

OMGosh- I know!! Can you believe it!!! That picture is one of my favorites!

Ha, ha! I can totally relate to this:

Now I on the other hand, seemed rushed.

Video.

Pictures.

Eat.

Change the paper on the redneck autograph clipboard.

Drink.

Can’t forget that.

Eat.

It was a little crazy.

Loving your report!!!

I know! What us mothers have to do!!!! :dance3:

And Nolan is sitting here with me and wats me to post this guy :woohoo: He says he likes him. A few more just for him.....:woohoo: :woohoo:

Chapter 5 continued

After Minnie made her rounds, look who comes up the steps to say hello!!!!

WDWJune08473.jpg

Mickey!!!!

What’s he going to do first?

He goes over to say hello to Bryce.

I’m not sure he knows what to think!

WDWJune08477.jpg

Mickey took the least amount of time but we still got some good pics…..

WDWJune08479.jpg

WDWJune08482.jpg

WDWJune08484.jpg

After Mickey…..

was PLUTO!!!!

He also went over to say hi to Bryce….

WDWJune08460.jpg

WDWJune08461.jpg

My boys love Pluto!!!

WDWJune08463.jpg

Brett then decides he is going to ask him a question….(which I knew nothing about!)

Brett: “Aren’t you a dog?”
Pluto: shakes his head yes
Brett: “Well because you’re not on 4 feet!”
Pluto: points to him to tell him to get on 4 feet

So Brett gets down.

And then Pluto gets down too.

WDWJune08464.jpg

WDWJune08465.jpg

WDWJune08466.jpg

WDWJune08467.jpg

So cute!!!!

Just another favorite moment of the trip. It was just something that I never would have thought he would have done.

Pluto then decides to dance with Brittany.

WDWJune08469.jpg

WDWJune08470.jpg

And then check this out……ANOTHER picture of Matthew smiling!!!!

With no extra pieces of clothes on his head…..

WDWJune08472.jpg

Finally came the time to twirl and wave some napkins!!!! This also means time to celebrate all the celebrations. Mom and dad. And Alysha!

Again.

Yes, again.

Apparently when I made the ADR’s they added her birthday to all the ADR’s. So this one even threw me for a surprise!!!

Donald came back to give her a cupcake.

WDWJune08452.jpg

not sure what these looks are about...

WDWJune08454.jpg

WDWJune08455.jpg

Napkin time!!!

WDWJune08449.jpg

WDWJune08443.jpg

WDWJune08446.jpg

Donald even stuck around for a few more pictures…

WDWJune08437.jpg

WDWJune08436.jpg

Finally, our time at Chef Mickey’s came to an end.

But before we leave, I realized that I’m still hungry. I didn’t get much to eat with being so busy.

So I definitely didn’t get my monies worth.

As I reach in to get my KTTW card, I felt a redneck to go bag.

Yep, a Ziploc bag.

It was a small one.

Perfect size for some gummy bears!

So in the bag goes 2 small bowls of gummy bears.

Of course, not before I look around to make sure no one sees me.

I know you may have your own opinion on whether taking some gummy bears to go is right or wrong but realize I really didn’t eat much!

So don’t throw too many stones my way!!! Or if you want to throw something my way, throw me some gummy bears!!!! I want some more!

Please.

Pretty please.

With a cherry gummy bear on top.

Anyway, I paid my bill at 6:25pm. We checked in at 5:00pm exactly. So just in case you were wondering how long dinner would take here with a group our size- it took us an hour and a half.

I take one more picture....one I happened to love...

WDWJune08497.jpg

When we left Chef Mickey’s, we found some more pressed pennies and pressed quarter machines. The kids really liked this.

My BIL (Crystal’s DH) did not like this at all!!! He was complaining to DH “why would you waste $1.25 just to have a pressed piece of metal?” He went on and on…..Dh was getting annoyed. Who in heck cares is what he was thinking. But you have to know BIL—I think he still has his First Communion money.

Leaving Contemporary, everyone was in a very good mood. Chef Mickey’s has a hit with all!!!!

We decided to go to Downtown Disney!!!

Up next: Will we ever get there? If so, will we find a parking spot?

I am enjoying the recap. Heck it feels like I was there with you guys w/o the frustrations of "what's next?"

Yeah, you don't get to experience all the bickering. And it's a heck a lot cheaper just to expereince it all by just reading my trippie!!!!

And it gives you something to do at work..... :rotfl:

:hug: love ya!!!!

what a fun TR! Some of your pictures made me legitimately LOL - like Matthew at HDDR with his fam (mouth hanging open, full of cornbread...i'd so do that), and Nolan (i think?) doing the kissy-face-peace-sign pose with his It's Tough to Be a Bug glasses...gee, methinks he's been spending a lot of time with his older cousins, hahahah.

i'm sure the kiddos & teens are gonna remember this trip foreever! We went with 2 of my cousins when i was like, 11 or 12, and we had SO much fun!!

This pictures are really funny, to see Brett and Pluto on 4 feet at Chef Mickey's:jumping1:, and its good to know that your mami is not gay:lmao: :lmao:

Love all the pics from Chef Mickeys! Looks like a lot of fun, we may have to try it out next time!! It looks like you guys had a great view out of the windows too!! Can't wait to hear about DTD!

Ohh, I LOVE Chef Mickeys!!! I am so excited to go back.

I love the "oh too cool to smile teenager" smile. I also love the one of your two boys!! Who knew dogs could dance! lol

Please don't make us wait too long! I almost went into withdrawals this weekend!!

I hope your city has power now. Up north we had the same HUGE wind storm. CRAZY! You are so nice to offer items in your freezer and your home.

:goodvibes Your report is AWESOME, I can't believe you had a group of 28!!!
It looks like everyone had such a wonderful time. Can't wait to read the rest.

:goodvibes Your report is AWESOME, I can't believe you had a group of 28!!!
It looks like everyone had such a wonderful time. Can't wait to read the rest.

:goodvibes Thanks!!

Ohh, I LOVE Chef Mickeys!!! I am so excited to go back.

I love the "oh too cool to smile teenager" smile. I also love the one of your two boys!! Who knew dogs could dance! lol

Please don't make us wait too long! I almost went into withdrawals this weekend!!

I hope your city has power now. Up north we had the same HUGE wind storm. CRAZY! You are so nice to offer items in your freezer and your home.

You're in luck. I got the next installment ready!! :)

Love all the pics from Chef Mickeys! Looks like a lot of fun, we may have to try it out next time!! It looks like you guys had a great view out of the windows too!! Can't wait to hear about DTD!

After the blinds were opened, we loved our seats. I don't know why I didn't take pictures of the view. Darn it. You could see the castle too. :lovestruc

This pictures are really funny, to see Brett and Pluto on 4 feet at Chef Mickey's:jumping1:, and its good to know that your mami is not gay:lmao: :lmao:

what a fun TR! Some of your pictures made me legitimately LOL - like Matthew at HDDR with his fam (mouth hanging open, full of cornbread...i'd so do that), and Nolan (i think?) doing the kissy-face-peace-sign pose with his It's Tough to Be a Bug glasses...gee, methinks he's been spending a lot of time with his older cousins, hahahah.

i'm sure the kiddos & teens are gonna remember this trip foreever! We went with 2 of my cousins when i was like, 11 or 12, and we had SO much fun!!

Oh yeah, Nolan got that look/pose for the camera from Brittany! :laughing:

Thanks for reading!! :surfweb:

Everyone decides a little shopping is good so we head to DTD. We get there with no problem. Finding a parking spot is a problem. At first everyone was following me. Then they realize they need to be finding their own spot so they go their own way.

Go ahead- say what I was thinking!!!

DUH!!!!

I drove around for a good 10 minutes before I see my brother waving me down, holding a spot for me.

Thank you!!!!

Yep, I was the first one in the parking lot, but the last one to get a spot. Isn’t that the way it usually goes?

Parking at DTD is terrible. At least in the evening. I would recommend a bus in this situation. I felt like we wasted so much time.

Mom went off to smoke and someone had to use the restroom, so I took a few pictures while we are waiting for everyone.

WDWJune08502.jpg

I realize I haven’t had my picture taken that much. (None at Chef Mickey’s—what was I thinking?)

So I have Brittany take one of DH and I

WDWJune08501.jpg

We decided World of Disney is a good first choice. And since I save 10% using my Annual Pass, I was all for that!

My nieces loved the princesses….

WDWJune08503.jpg

My DH, dad and BIL decided to walk around…probably to find a beer. Everyone heads in!!!

This is what the sign looked like when we went in….

WDWJune08504.jpg

And I’ll just show you know what the sign looked like when we came out…..

WDWJune08508.jpg

UH-OOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, about 2 hours we were in there! The men outside waiting for us were NOT happy.

So what took so long????

Well, we shopped for some pins….

WDWJune08506.jpg

We tried on some hats…..

WDWJune08507.jpg

And I shopped, shopped, shopped!!!!

You do NOT want to know my total.

Let me just tell you a few things I picked up and why:

**2 Mickey kitchen towels….because I wanted 2 nice towels to hang from the stove (something I didn’t have before now)
**Mickey slotted spoon…because I always get a new kitchen tool on every trip (reminds me of our trips when I cook)
**2008 photo album…because there is no way I could scrap all the pictures I have taken so I have to put the leftover pictures in an album
**2008 scrapbook…because I have to have one and what better place to get one than here?
**Stitch antenna topper….because it’s Brett’s favorite and he really came out of his shell this trip (Stitch has all ready lost his ears in the wind)
**8x10 photo frame….which still sits in its box today…because I wanted to frame our group photo (and since I have to print the group photo in 8x12, I guess I’ll be use this for something else)
**a frame that will hold 3 5x7’s…..because it was cute…is that a good enough reason?
**a toy truck/semi for Nolan…because I thought it would be a cute Christmas gift (too bad he all ready found it and opened it without my permission!)
**Black 2008 t-shirt for me….because my mom bought one and I wanted to match her
**a toy gun for Brett…because he seen the exact same one the first night at MK but I said no that night (and since it was 3 days later and he still wanted it after looking at so many things)
**3 POP Century pins…because I buy each boy a pin anytime we stay at a different resort
**Each boy a pin they picked out…because they always get a new pin on every trip

I think that’s about it.

Oh one more thing!

**luggage bag…because it was ONLY $10 with a $40 purchase. (The CM said I can get more than 1 if I wanted…uhh…no, thank you! I have enough!)

My SIL was in line with me because of saving 10%. (CM said that it was fine) And here comes my mom!!! My brother covers up the register total, knowing my mom might tell my DH.

Quick—how am I going to get her to walk away???

My SIL asked her to go check on Ben.

Whewww!!

Crisis avoided!

After paying, it was Nolan’s turn to FINALLY get his monorail system that he has been begging for since he seen it at POP when we checked in. It was $70 and he used his money that he has been saving for the past 16 months. He was happy I saved him $7! He was even happier with his purchase!!! As soon as he bought it, he said “Let’s go back to the apartment now!” He couldn’t wait to play with it.

***fast forward to today…He still loves it!!! He just said on Sunday “Mommy, thank you for letting me buy this at Disney World. It’s the best thing ever!” ****

First we had to wait until SIL checked out. Then we were finally done!

I was a little nervous that DH was going to ask how much I spent. I had my line all prepared just in case….

“But honey, I saved 10%”

But you gotta say it with a little whine in your voice.

I know from experience. So let's try that again.....

“But honey, I saved 10%”

Much better.

Yep, I practiced.

But he never asked. He was too mad to ask! He didn’t expect us to be in there that long. I told him I didn’t expect him to just be sitting there. I thought he’d go grab another beer…people watch…walk around, etc. Besides- I told him he could have taken the bus back. I still don’t know why he was so grumpy.

Oh- we still had one more stop to make. My oldest wanted to go to the sports store (Team Mickey?) and get something. Crystal and family, Rick and family head back to POP.

We head to the sports store. Bradley picked out a $75 EPSN hooded sweatshirt. He thought sure I was going to say no.

And he was exactly right!!!

No way!

Overpriced piece of material.

You’re only paying for the name.

And who needs a sweatshirt in June?

Seriously!

Who in their right mind would pay that for a sweatshirt?

You guessed it.

Me!!!

You know there is a reason for this too right?

Right?

Well, I bought it because its day 5 into the trip (if you count travel day) and this was the first thing that he has asked for so I said yes.

Or maybe it was because I still felt guilty snapping at him in Epcot because I didn’t know why slushies weren’t on the dining plan.

Whatever reason- I bought him the sweatshirt which prompted a hug and a “thank you mommy”. (awwww) Remember he is a teenager—you gotta take them while you can!!!

My mom catches back up with us and asks how much I spend in the World of Disney and I say “That’s none of your business. I don’t ask you what you spend on your hobbies. This is the one thing that I’ve been saving for and this is my hobby.”

Maybe I was a little harsh, but I thought it was a little rude. So she does what all mothers would do.

No, not slap me. I’m past the slapping age.

I think.

She sticks her tongue out at me and walks away!!!

I later apologize that I sounded harsh but I was upset that DH was upset and grumpy. We talked about that for a few minutes and things are all good.

Oh- earlier when I came out of World of Disney, I see this…

WDWJune08509.jpg

After the shopping and fitting all my bags in the van, we head back to the resort.

Finally, we arrive back to POP

WDWJune08512.jpg

Nolan was too excited to go to sleep. He had a monorail to play with! After about 30 minutes, we all headed to bed. Tomorrow was a big day!!!

Up next: Breakfast with Pooh. Be at bus stop at 7:15am—will everyone make it? How will our day at MK go?

Great shopping trip!!! You only have 4 more days until your next trip!!!!!!!! How excited are you? I bet writing this trip report is making you even more excited!!!

Excellent update :thumbsup2 I LOVE the picture of your boys hugging - very sweet :goodvibes Now I can't wait for our Chef Mickey's breakfast - your pictures and report on it are wonderful :cool1: It really looks like everyone had a fantastic time there :woohoo:

You must be getting so excited about your trip - only FOUR days until you and your dh can enjoy WDW by yourselves :banana: I hope you'll be writing a TR about that one too - you are a wonderful TR writer :goodvibes

Great shopping trip!!! You only have 4 more days until your next trip!!!!!!!! How excited are you? I bet writing this trip report is making you even more excited!!!

You must be getting so excited about your trip - only FOUR days until you and your dh can enjoy WDW by yourselves :banana: I hope you'll be writing a TR about that one too - you are a wonderful TR writer :goodvibes

You're right-- I wasn't excited until I started to write this. Now, I'm so busy writing this that I haven't packed one thing yet!!!! I leave Saturday by myself. Jared leaves Sunday by himself. I will have all day on Sunday by myself. I have NOOOOO idea what park I should go to. What to do? What to do?

Not sure about writing another TR. I'm sure it will be pretty boring with just us 2. I mean-- it is an anniversary trip. WINK WINK

Excellent update :thumbsup2 I LOVE the picture of your boys hugging - very sweet :goodvibes Now I can't wait for our Chef Mickey's breakfast - your pictures and report on it are wonderful :cool1: It really looks like everyone had a fantastic time there :woohoo:

We have an ADR booked for breakfast next week too. Jared is not a breakfast eater so I'm not sure if we'll be going or not. I'll let you know.

Oh- and we really did have a good time. Wished everyone was there!

Great trip report! I've read it all today while at work, I had nothing else to do and I have no power at home so I needed my fix. :thumbsup2

Can't wait for the next update. :yay:

This continues to be the most entertaining trip report!!!!! And wow, another trip yet this week. May I ask how many days in total are you planning on using your annual passes? I'm just thinking.................if the husband and I got them for next year's anniversary trip we could plan another trip in the summer with our son or sons! They seem expensive. I'm not sure how many days you need to use it to pay for itself. Do you know what I mean???? Also, isn't that the way it goes, mom's are never in the pictures. Its always the family w/o us. Nice to have so many extra people with on a trip. At least you can have someone take photos of your family with YOU in it. ENJOY your trip!!!! A day by yourself and then a trip w/o the kids. WOW WOW WOW. I'm jealous!!!!! :)

Lynn

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter