Party of 28, your table is ready!!! ***Update 10/11/08-- chapter 6 beginning**

Hello everyone!!!

Our Anniversary trip was awesome!!!

Since we returned, we have been extremely busy. And I went over my upload limit on photobucket so I had to wait until the 1st until I could upload more pics.
I promise- I'll be back this weekend with updates.

Hopefully I didn't lose too many readers!

Glad your anniversary trip was fun! I don't know how it couldn't have been! Looking forward to the resumption of your report. popcorn::

So glad your back on board and can't wait to hear MORE!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: I'm glad to hear you had a wonderful anniversary trip. Horray for this weekend and an update. This is the best news I've gotten since my Chicago Cubs lost in the playoffs. :sad2:

Lynn

I just spent the last 1&1/2hrs catching up.... What an AWESOME TR!!!! I love your humor and all the pics!!

I'm in charge of our mini-grand-gathering (only 9 of us... 3 families) for next year. I love that you did a newsletter... I'll have to try that!!

I'm nervous about everyone having fun...Its a big responsibility:thumbsup2

I can't wait to read more about your trip!!!

Paula

Chapter 6 continued….

We all finish at Crystal Palace and head out the doors. This guy is spying on me….I guess to see if I cleaned my plate????

WDWJune08581.jpg

It’s around 9am. At least I think. I was hoping my watch wasn’t slow.

After a quick look outside I realize that rope drop hasn’t happened yet.

Whew!!!!

Then I realize if we hurry, we could be in front of the pack and head to Dumbo and be the first people on the ride!

So I hurry.

Did you catch that?

So I hurry.

I.

I hurried.

My DH and kids know the routine so they were shortly behind me.

The others were taking their time.

Taking pictures of the castle.

Looking at the castle.

Taking more pictures of the castle.

Pictures later people!

I think they got the hint when I screamed “The castle will still be here later!”

Or maybe I just wanted to scream that.

It’s their vacation, they can do what they want. I am running to Dumbo baby!!!

At the rope, we waited about a minute and then it was the Dumbo dash. And guess what?

We made it to Dumbo!!! First ride of the day! But not before I hear my sister say “why are we running?” I also see the look of “What the heck?”

I didn’t have time to explain that Dumbo has the slowest moving line of all time. I didn’t have time to explain that I being a little rushed is better than standing in line for 30 minutes.

Half of us were on the first ride. The other half on the second ride.

WDWJune08587.jpg

Even my mom and dad get on this ride….

WDWJune08594.jpg

WDWJune08589.jpg

WDWJune08593.jpg

I got on the second ride and I rode with my godchild….so I test out my “take a self portrait of 2 people while flying high in the sky in circles skills”

WDWJune08602.jpg

I still need help with my skills so I take a picture just of her….

WDWJune08601.jpg

I wanted to sit in front of my sister because I wanted to turn around in my seat and get some pictures of their first Dumbo ride.

Wish granted.

Oh- and Marissa rode twice. After riding with her Aunt, she got in with her mom.

WDWJune08595.jpg

WDWJune08596.jpg

WDWJune08598.jpg

WDWJune08599.jpg

YAHOO!!!!

Dumbo dash accomplished!!!! This was my first time to ride it. Once was enough. I don't care for the circles. I tried not to think about it so that's why I took so many pictures.

That's my excuse for this ride.

What can be my excuse for all the pictures for all the other rides?

Hmmm......

The older kids, DH and a few others head to Big Thunder Mountain for a “bigger” ride and everyone else heads to WINNIE THE POOH!!!!

Well, almost everyone. My sister Mindy all ready found some shopping to do!

We get to Winnie and there is........No wait! Awesome!

WDWJune08603.jpg

WDWJune08605.jpg

Would love to know what the baby is thinking…..

After Winnie, Nolan and I stop for a picture….

WDWJune08614.jpg

I'm getting good at passing off that camera!!!

After Winnie, I wanted to head to Peter Pan BUT Marissa demanded to get on the carousel.

In a polite, non-whining voice of course.

Who wouldn’t give in?

ME!!! There is never a line for the carousel in the morning! Can we please wait????

Nope.

Crystal says we can go on without her because they were riding the carousel but we (I) decide we should remain together. At least riding the first rides of the day…..and who cares if we wait in lines for the rest of the day. Right?

So most get on the carousel. Marissa is in front of the line and quickly grabs a horse.

WDWJune08615.jpg

Awww! So cute! So maybe this wasn’t a bad idea. This is what Disney is all about. She was so excited. It’s pictures like this that remind me to slow down and enjoy the magic more….

WDWJune08617.jpg

WDWJune08623.jpg

My baby…

WDWJune08624.jpg

"Look ma! No Hands!"

WDWJune08626.jpg

WDWJune08622.jpg

WDWJune08620.jpg

Notice I took the pictures. No more circles for me thank you. Dumbo was enough. So I watched everyone go round and round!!!!

After everyone exits, we finally head to Peter Pan!!!

We headed to Peter Pan and I immediately notice a 15 minute wait.

We waited which gave us a chance to......

you guessed it....

Take MORE pictures!!!!

WDWJune08633.jpg

WDWJune08634.jpg

I thought maybe the sign would be wrong.

Maybe it wouldn't be 15 minutes.

Wrong I was.

Finally, after the 15 minute wait....I board with Nolan.

WDWJune08635.jpg

No more Pan pictures after this. I did follow the rules of "no flash photography".

At least on this ride.....

After Peter, I take a quick poll from everyone on what to do next.

I told everyone that the princess line opens at 10am in Toontown and if we were going to do this, we had to go at opening unless they wanted to wait an hour plus.

Everyone says YES! "Let's go see the princesses!"

Quite frankly, this is the moment Marissa has been waiting for.

For months, she has been telling her mom that she's "going to Florida to sleep with the princesses". I was really hoping for a castle stay for her as that would have been the closest thing to sleeping with the princesses. But since that didn't happen....meeting them in the tent was the second best thing.

So off we went!

Along the way we see....

WDWJune08638.jpg

And finally...

WDWJune08639.jpg

I waited here for DH and the boys. Everyone else went to go get in line. I would catch up as they were almost to toontown.

When I walked into the "tent" I notice the wait.
The line was all ready at 15 minutes.

Glad everyone decided to go here right away.

I notice our group about 20 people up. I stay in line-- behind everyone.

When the party in front of us seen me on my tippy toes talking to my sister, a very nice gentleman said "go ahead and go up there" and politely moved over.

After a half dozen "are you sure?"s...we take him up on his offer.

It was so nice of them. I just had to explain to the other 15 people that I was with the group ahead.

I heard a lady say "sure you are"

And I simply replied "Look at our matching shirts! We really are together!"

She didn't like it but she let us in front of her.

Okay....so maybe we didn't say that BUT that's the looks we gave each other.

Really.

I really do hear a little girl say to her mom "why do they get to go in front of us?"

And the mom says "They are together, hopefully they get their picture taken together."

Yikes! I kind of felt bad.

BUT blame it on the nice gentleman about 20 people back. He's the one that told us it was okay to go ahead.

After about 10 minutes, we were let into the room.

Which princesses will we meet?
:lovestruc

Still enjoying your report! You have a beautiful family but I just have to tell you that your sister's blonde headed baby is the cutest thing ever. He reminds me of the way my brother looked as a baby and then his daughter when she arrived. He is just ever so cute!

Diane

I love the carousel pictures. :goodvibes That was my DD. now 21, favorite ride when she was little. We always named our horses. :flower1:

I love that you rode Dumbo. I've never done it either, and I'd love to, ONCE, mostly for the view that I hear is great. And I'll try to get a few shots of it. I don't know if I'll do it solo though, I might feel like a dork on Dumbo alone! :lmao:

Oooh, I can't wait to see the princess pictures!!

Your pictures are so good!!

Party of 28!! :scared1: You are the most brave of Disney planners. :worship: I've read through your first several posts-- up through the Hoop de Doo but now need to mark my place for tomororw. I can tell already that this is going to be a GREAT report!! :goodvibes

Yeah!! I new installment! Still loving your adventure...Can't wait to hear about the princesses! Will you be doing a TR for your anniversary trip??

All caught up and LOVING it!! It sounds like such a magical trip. And you got some really great pictures!!! More, please! popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter