Party for the Senses 10/20/07 - Join Us!!!

Wow, V&A's was $2000, that's like a bargain!! I'm looking at Cali Grill and for the 16 it would be a few dollars over $2000, but it's not even close to the caliber of V&A's!

I signed a contract with them last February...it going to be 1750 + tax & tip. That include the Fireside Room for our exclusive use + dinner for 10 guests. Each additional guest would be an additional 115 dollars. The maximum amount of guests allowed in the room is 18 or 20 I believe. You can also take off the additional cost items off the menu if you so choose, like I did with the cavier & kobe beef since well, with 10 people each of those choices would really add up.

I'm really excited about it. V&A is one of my favorite dining experiences in Disney - so much, on my January solo trip I went there solo! October I can't really afford to squeeze it in b/c of all the food & wine events. Plus that way I know each of us are guarenteed an outstanding meal and I have no worries about the shellfish even being on Shaun's father's menu so that we don't have to worry about him getting sick.

I signed a contract with them last February...it going to be 1750 + tax & tip. That include the Fireside Room for our exclusive use + dinner for 10 guests. Each additional guest would be an additional 115 dollars. The maximum amount of guests allowed in the room is 18 or 20 I believe. You can also take off the additional cost items off the menu if you so choose, like I did with the cavier & kobe beef since well, with 10 people each of those choices would really add up.

I'm really excited about it. V&A is one of my favorite dining experiences in Disney - so much, on my January solo trip I went there solo! October I can't really afford to squeeze it in b/c of all the food & wine events. Plus that way I know each of us are guarenteed an outstanding meal and I have no worries about the shellfish even being on Shaun's father's menu so that we don't have to worry about him getting sick.
That's a great price! V&A's doesn't have aminimum amount that needs to be spent? I know that California Grill has a $2000 minimum that even with the 16 people I'm thinking would be hard to meet. Dinners are $88 per person and we're planning on bringing in our own champagne so that's a corkage fee of $14 for let's say 15 bottles ($200) and we're still under. We were planning on having the third teir meal because it's what will appeal to everyone and maybe make a small addition to the meals because they are served with seasonal veggies and I'd also like the goat cheese polenta and their potato gallet, to hopefully make it to the $2000 minimum.

Then there's always Narcoossees. It's not as intimate but I know everyone will enjoy the food immensely! And we will have a great time! And there's no minimum purchase or cake cutting fee. Only the corkage fee.

Oh, and one more thing I want to ask, does the cake cutting and toast have to happen right after the ceremony or can we do it at the restaurant after our meal?

v&A has a weird set up - there is no minimum you need to spend like CG because the menu is so set. The only customization you are allowed is taking off the additional priced items and the wine pairings. I only kept the wine pairings and the additional cost fish.

Send me your email address and I'll scan in an (editted) copy of the contract that was sent to me.

Up to 16 guests can be seated at one table together. Max 21 people in the room.

I just figured out what your cost there would be with it all included
1740 - Fireside Room + Dinner for 12 Guests
480 - Dinner for the additional 4 guests (120 pp)
375 - Corkage Fees ($25 - 15 bottles)
2595 - sub-Total
+ tax(6.5%), 20% service fee
for a grand total of:

CG with tax + service fee for the $2000 minimum is $2530

so for 750 more, you would have V&A.

Of course, all prices are subject to change..blah blah blah...but thats based off the information I have currently in my wedding folder.

v&A has a weird set up - there is no minimum you need to spend like CG because the menu is so set. The only customization you are allowed is taking off the additional priced items and the wine pairings. I only kept the wine pairings and the additional cost fish.

Send me your email address and I'll scan in an (editted) copy of the contract that was sent to me.

Up to 16 guests can be seated at one table together. Max 21 people in the room.

I just figured out what your cost there would be with it all included
1740 - Fireside Room + Dinner for 12 Guests
480 - Dinner for the additional 4 guests (120 pp)
375 - Corkage Fees ($25 - 15 bottles)
2595 - sub-Total
+ tax(6.5%), 20% service fee
for a grand total of:

CG with tax + service fee for the $2000 minimum is $2530

so for 750 more, you would have V&A.

Of course, all prices are subject to change..blah blah blah...but thats based off the information I have currently in my wedding folder.
My only problem with V&A's is that I'm not a seafood eater, everyone else it but I just can't look at it, lol. And my Dbf, Dmom and Ddad enjoy it but my aunt and her family would look at the meal like it's from space and so would the Dbf's mom and sister! :rotfl:
The Dbf, Dmom, Ddad and I would enjoy it, I just wouldn't eat the fish but I'd much rather make everyone happy by having it at either Narcoossees or CG. And Narcoossees has no minimum and a set menu. the more I look at narcoossees the more I like the idea of it. Now I just wonder about the cake and toast after the ceremony. Can I change that and save it for the restaurant? I'll PM you my email. Thanks so much!

By the time I call the Disney wedding people I won't even need the planner, haha

By the time I call the Disney wedding people I won't even need the planner, haha

Haha! Well, I've been going through it all now since I'm in the middle of planning everything. In fact, part of my October trip is for the purchasing of my toasting glasses & such. Plus my mother wants to try the Fairy Tale Curve before she buys additional bottles of it for the ceremony.

Haha! Well, I've been going through it all now since I'm in the middle of planning everything. In fact, part of my October trip is for the purchasing of my toasting glasses & such. Plus my mother wants to try the Fairy Tale Curve before she buys additional bottles of it for the ceremony.

I loooooooove the Fairy Tale Cuvee. :cloud9:

Melissa, Your wedding is going to be so fabulous!!! It all sounds so wonderful! Tell your Mom the Fairy Tale Cuvee is yum, but of course she needs to do the F&W Fest to found out for herself! ;)

Jennifer, I hope you can work out a Disney Wedding for yourself! With all of the planning it takes to do a Destination Wedding you'll be able to market your wedding planning skills!

Melissa, Your wedding is going to be so fabulous!!! It all sounds so wonderful! Tell your Mom the Fairy Tale Cuvee is yum, but of course she needs to do the F&W Fest to found out for herself! ;)

Jennifer, I hope you can work out a Disney Wedding for yourself! With all of the planning it takes to do a Destination Wedding you'll be able to market your wedding planning skills!
Yeah, I'm excited. I know I want a small wedding and Disney is my ideal spot.

Oh, and a funny thing... I just got my Credit card statement and I literally jumped when I saw the balance! haha, all the F&W fest stuff came in on the statement!! Now i'm oficially broke!

Oh, and a funny thing... I just got my Credit card statement and I literally jumped when I saw the balance! haha, all the F&W fest stuff came in on the statement!! Now i'm oficially broke!

It's on there already! :eek: Yikes, don't think I want to go look!;)

I agree.
I'm just happy I was offered to stay on at my internship until December b/c I definately spent a bit too much money on F&W. At least AP rates came out today and I saved money with that! (124 a night - CBR)

I agree.
I'm just happy I was offered to stay on at my internship until December b/c I definately spent a bit too much money on F&W. At least AP rates came out today and I saved money with that! (124 a night - CBR)
Well I just got back to work from summer vacation so this friday's paycheck is only one day because teachers started back on Thursday last week:scared1: I'm super broke until my first full paycheck in two weeks. Thank god I spread my checks out over the full 12 months, I think I'd freak if it was only 10 months of pay.

It's on there already! :eek: Yikes, don't think I want to go look!;)
yeah, I was shocked, especially since I had just paid it off last month, lol, oh well:confused3 It's for a good cause!!:cool1:

Some interesting new things this year! Greek Wine Bar & Andes Mountain Wine Bar! :cool1: And Rum Cocktails at the Sugan Cane Bar! :banana: Caribbean Food Demos too. This is going to be so great! I'm getting excited!!!

Stroll along the promenade and visit a wide array of countries and regions of the world. Learn from amazing cultural exhibits that showcase native cuisines and offer terrific demonstrations that give insights into the people, as well as the tastes of these remarkable places.

Festival Welcome Center
Visit the hub for all Festival information at the Wonders of Life Pavilion, featuring the Festival Wine Shop, a champagne and wine bar, and the official book signing location for celebrity chefs and authors. Explore the Festival Merchandise Shop featuring marvelous merchandise including Disney Gift Cards, a handy way to pay for so much fun at the Festival!

Oklahoma 1907-2007
This year, Oklahoma is celebrating 100 years of statehood! Discover its unique history and extraordinary future when you step into this experience featuring activities for the entire family. Enjoy Chuck Wagon and Native American cooking demonstrations, listen to Native American storytellers, and indulge the youngsters in activities in an authentic tipi.

The Pearville Fair
Visit this slice of Americana where pears take center stage. Celebrate one of the most important crops from the great Northwest at a traditional county fair. The variety, flavor, diversity and nutritional importance of pears are presented in a series of activities that are designed to engage and enlighten guests of all ages.

10 Day Regional Experiences

Michoacán, Mexico – October 5 - October 14
Puglia, Italy – October 19 - October 28
The Greek Wine Bar Island – October 26-November 4
Visit the Greek Island Wine Bar to sample over 12 wines for sale by the glass. Greek wine is experiencing a Renaissance... the country boasts an incredible range of indigenous grape varietals and today they are being used to make world-class wines.
Twinings Tea Bar
Step into the Twinings Garden to discover the rich history of Twinings tea. A selection of refreshing iced teas is available for purchase from the iced tea bar. Be sure to visit the Tea Caddy to take home your favorite teas and gifts.

Turkey Welcomes You
Step into the wonders of Turkey and visit the Grand Bazaar of Istanbul and the famous Fairy Chimneys of Cappadocia. Enjoy daily complimentary culinary demonstrations with Turkish chefs and learn the art of making traditional coffee. The Grand Bazaar features traditional Turkish crafts, selected food products and wine, and daily presentations by Turkish artisans.

Peru
Celebrate the land of the Incas! Indulge in the flavor of Peru and learn about one of the Seven Wonders of the World; Machu Picchu. Observe Lima's best chefs preparing authentic Peruvian specialties, visit with native artists and visit a shop for Peruvian textiles and hand-carved gourds Complimentary culinary demonstrations daily

Australia: Discover Down Under
Purchase an Aussie Walkabout Passport and join a tasting tour of four major wine regions. Enjoy a wine and beer tasting bar and quench your outback thirst. The Birdsville Provisions shop is the place to browse for amusing Aussie souvenirs and serious wines by the bottle.

Dominican Republic
Discover gastronomy, crafts and music from the tropical paradise of the Dominican Republic.This sun drenched island is a treasured destination for Caribbean cuisine, true sugar cane rum, amber fauna and the Meringue. Enjoy daily culinary demonstrations from The Caribbean Kitchen and entertainment by authentic Meringue dancers. Discover the art of crafting amber jewelry and relax with a rum cocktail available for purchase at the Sugar Cane Bar.

Andes Mountain Wine Bar – featuring Argentina and Chile
Discover some of the best wines from both sides of the Andes mountain range in South America. Over 20 wines will be available for sale by the glass. Don't miss this stop on your Promenade adventures!

The American Wine Adventure – featuring the Napa Valley and New York wine regions
Explore the regional expressions from the East and West coast wine regions in the United States. Purchase wines by the glass for a comparative tasting of different varietals.

The History of Beer in America
Learn the history of beer in the New World and the awesome art and science of brewing. Complimentary seminars daily at 12:30, 1:15, 2:45, 4:15, 5:15, and 6:30p.m.

International Beers of the World
Complimentary seminars daily

Rum Cocktails! I'm all over that one...I think I'm going to be tipsy every time I leave Epcot this trip. So much to try but not enough time. 4 out of my 9 days are already Epcot...may need to make that a bit more :rolleyes1

Its good that they are using the Wonders of Life Pavillion as the hub. I hate to see that area go to waste (and if they run body wars that wouldn't be bad either)

Rum Cocktails! I'm all over that one...I think I'm going to be tipsy every time I leave Epcot this trip. So much to try but not enough time. 4 out of my 9 days are already Epcot...may need to make that a bit more :rolleyes1

Its good that they are using the Wonders of Life Pavillion as the hub. I hate to see that area go to waste (and if they run body wars that wouldn't be bad either)

I hadn't notice the venue change for the Welcome Center! DH & I really had to slow ourselves down last year. Woke up our 2nd day with headaches!:laughing:

I hadn't notice the venue change for the Welcome Center! DH & I really had to slow ourselves down last year. Woke up our 2nd day with headaches!:laughing:

Luckily, I don't really get hangovers - unless I mix alcohol types heavily like whiskey, vodka, rum, then some wine then some more whiskey and some more rum however I have since learned :teacher: how to handle myself, most of the time...since this is the wine festival...I'll just start with the rum and then just stick to the wine.

Only 55 more days:hourglass

Luckily, I don't really get hangovers - unless I mix alcohol types heavily like whiskey, vodka, rum, then some wine then some more whiskey and some more rum however I have since learned :teacher: how to handle myself, most of the time...since this is the wine festival...I'll just start with the rum and then just stick to the wine.

Only 55 more days:hourglass

:lmao: :rotfl: Yeah, that does tend to be a killer!! :laughing:

Actually I think throwing in a Champagne tasting with all the reds we were trying at the booths, was what gave us trouble. Either that or the beer!? :confused3 ;)

:drinking1 :drinking1
:lmao: :rotfl: Yeah, that does tend to be a killer!! :laughing:

Its called the 21st Birthday where the main goal was lets see how fast we can get Meli smashed. 1.75 hours to be exact. The last shot of Jameson did me in. I demanded water at that point from the bartender. And I had to be up at work at 5am the next morning. I try to behave myself now at least when I know I still have to go to work the next day.

:Actually I think throwing in a Champagne tasting with all the reds we were trying at the booths, was what gave us trouble. Either that or the beer!? :confused3 ;)

Prolly that beer
(although I don't really like beer so I avoid it at all costs)

Its called the 21st Birthday where the main goal was lets see how fast we can get Meli smashed. 1.75 hours to be exact. The last shot of Jameson did me in. I demanded water at that point from the bartender. And I had to be up at work at 5am the next morning. I try to behave myself now at least when I know I still have to go to work the next day.

Prolly that beer
(although I don't really like beer so I avoid it at all costs)

Melissa, Since I can barely remember turning 21, that in itself explains my longer being able to handle my alcohol! :laughing:

Greek Wines - We did a signature dinner in '05. I just pulled out our menu. We really enjoyed the wines with our dining experience, but we never looked for the wines when we were home. I look forward to trying them again in a more casual environment. If anyone wants to know about the wines served, just let me know.

BTW, I love the Fairy Tale Cuvee. When you all mentioned it, I pulled our bottle out of the wine cooler, just to have a look.:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter