Party for the Senses 10/20/07 - Join Us!!!

Ok, one last thing before I pack...

I'm not planning on wearing a dress to the PFTS but a nice dress shirt and denim trousers. I'll be dressed appropriately, right?

Sounds good to me!:thumbsup2

Toay was my last day at work! Tomorrow I fill finish packing, get a much needed pedicure, and settle the dogs in with the in-laws. Then when DH gets home, we will drive down to Atlantic City to spend the night in a hotel near the airport. Fly out at 6:30 on Friday, arrive at MCO by 9. We plan to be in Epcot by noon to start the festival! Soooooooooo excited!!!!

Woohoo!!

On a side note...

My Dbf went for his physical today, two days ago he had the TB test. Today the Doc tells him that he has been exposed to TB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I nearly had a heart attack!! Then he calls me a half hour later to tell me that its latent and because he was born and lived in a South American country he probably was exposed to it very early on! God this almost ruined my trip. I probably would have had to get treatment and antibiotics always make me sick so that would have been fun! But crisis averted!!

I'm back at work and my students have earned their free time this morning so I'm here taking advantage of that...

Ok, so here's my story about the PFTS night...

My mom and I went to Epcot at around 10am, the weather was iffy but as long as it wasn't raining I was happy, and besides, it was my birthday so yay me!! As we're walking in guess who's walking in right next to me... Keegan!! Woohoo!! he's hotter in person than on TV.

So we sample some more, drink some more and then leave at around 3:30, we take the boat back to the Swan, shower, change and get all beautified. We walk to the boat launch. Well I forgot my camera so I run back to get it while mom stays at the launch, a boat had just left so we figured it would be fine. yeah, right!! So as I'm running back down the boat is just about to take off but it could have waited!! The guy sees me running and my mom is telling him that I'm stanidng right there. Well we miss the boat.

We figured, hey!!! We can catch it at the Boardwalk. Well we make it there, walking, in no time but it's full so we don't get on. We end up walking all the way to Epcot from the Swan as I'm cursing out the boat guy in my head. My feet are already killing me and it's 6:00 by the time we enter Epcot. So we walk all the way to the concert to check in, through tons of crowds, only to be told that check in has moved to the PFTS location. Walk all the way back (when the boats leave you right next to it) to check in, make-up ruined and hair already picked up when it was dried so nicely. Oh well, we were there. Too late for the meet but I was looking for everyone when we got in.

Met melissa!! yay!!!! So excited!! had a wonderful time, was stuffed and a bit tipsy!! Hope you all also had a great time!

So I never really knew where we were meeting...so I guess I just missed you all. I was waiting at the doors starting at like 5:15/5:30 and met some nice people - including some Disers that weren't in this group. I tried to find some of you but was only able to find Jennifer!

It was a good event.

Hi Y'all,

We're home, had a great trip, weather could have been cooler & a lot less rainy. Forgot something in my room, ran back up to get it & I run into to Brenda & Jay coming out of the elevator heading to the Party! Say our hellos & decide they'll go ahead to meet up with everyone & check it all out. DH & I arrived at 6:10 to find the gates open & everyone entering already. We get in line get our wristband & I hunted around trying to find everyone while waiting in the lobby with no luck. Doors open, we rushed inside to find a tables, nothing totally empty so we grabbed a large with one couple already there. I walked around a bit & found Brenda & Jay, who joined us. We did see Jeanne & Becky during the night! I felt bad not being able to meet up with everyone else, but the Party was great! Lots of great food & drink, although right now it's still all blending together in my brain. I'll have to load the pics into the computer & refresh my mind on it all. What stands out in my mind right now was the desserts!!!

I hope everyone had a good trip & checks in to tell us all about it!

Sheryl

We arrived at PFTS at a few minutes before 6. The crowd by that time was very close to the coffee stand. Looked around the coffee stand for a while, but did not find anyone from this group waiting, so when the doors opened, DH and I headed in. Had a great time, but wish I had met you folks!

We arrived at PFTS at a few minutes before 6. The crowd by that time was very close to the coffee stand. Looked around the coffee stand for a while, but did not find anyone from this group waiting, so when the doors opened, DH headed in. Had a great time, but wish I had met you folks!

Sorry we missed y'all! We were looking forward to meeting with everyone.:sad1:

I must apologize for missing the meet. We had our friends staying at Dixie Landings who were going to meet us at BWV...bottom line is we were all late to Epcot and the doors had already opened by the time we arrived...really seemed much more crowded this year plus the AC was not working particularly well...after many years of doing this twice a year...always has been my favorite F&W event (back to the Odyssey days) we will probably skip next year.

I was there, but I wasn't a part of this forum yet or I would have tried to meet up with everyone! My problem is this: We can't find our menu booklets anymore, and really, really want the names of a couple of wines we had! Is there any way one of you could either photocopy your booklets and send them, or maybe possibly have an extra one they could part with?

We'd be eternally grateful!

AnaMarie

Sorry for the tardiness of this post ...

I just wanted to say how very sorry Jay and I were not to have had the chance to meet everyone who posted here. When we arrived at the "staging" area there were already massive crowds and we thought it was best to just get in line and hope to run into everyone during the evening.

We were lucky enough to share the evening with Sheryl and her husband, Bob, who are two of the nicest people you could ever want to meet. I looked for Melissa, having met her briefly the day before at Le Cellier's F&W pairing, but never did see her. We never saw Jennifer either, and I still have a birthday card for you if you're still following this thread - PM me and I'll mail it to you. Better late than never. :goodvibes

Jeanne and her husband Marcel did find us over the course of the evening, and we also were lucky enough to meet Magicinmyheart (Beckie, right?) - it was a pleasure meeting all three of you and you were so nice and so much fun and I'm sorry I was so busy stuffing my face that I didn't talk much. Since that was our first PFTS we really wanted to eat our way through it ... I think we made a pretty good dent all things considered.

I hope everyone had as lovely an evening as we did - it really was one of the highlights of our trip, in more ways than one.

Here's hoping everyone is well and looking forward to the holidays - I hope to have the chance to share a PFTS with you some day in the future. And this time I'll remember to give out my phone number. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter