Party for the Senses 10/20/07 - Join Us!!!

That so funny...we also have the Segway Tour scheduled for Oct 24th along with Jeanne and her DH. When are you planning to take the tour?

I still would still like to book the Sake, Sushi, and Sashimi for the 22nd, can't wait until Jeanne visits and gets some of the F&W Brochures so we can complete our planning.

Beckie

Beckie, we're just going to miss you - ours is scheduled for October 23rd.

We are staying at the Beach Club Villas 10/15 - 10/25 (we love walking in and out of Epcot's International Gateway).

I have
10/12 Le Cellier Food and Wine Pairing (solo)
10/13 Party of the Senses (with mom)
10/17 Chefs A Field (solo)
10/17 Living Seas Food and Wine (solo)
and this

I have ADRs at
Citricos, 50's Prime Time, Narcossees, Wolfgang's 'dining room' (before the dis meet), Rainforest but hoping for Yak & Yeti, Chefs de France, Coral Reef, Jiko's, CRT, California Grill

I will be eating a lot this trip but its also a long trip, but I'll also be visiting the pool each evening (well maybe not the PotS & AC nights) so I'll work it all off.

The Dining Lady told me to call another number so I'll do that tomorrow on my drive home (I have a 50 minute drive home from work that is really boring and with no one else on the road so phone calls keep me awake)

Add two more to the list please! :goodvibes:

I am Krissy, and my DH is Craig. This is our 3rd PFTS, and our 5th F&W Fest. For the past few years, we have made our annual trip in October to both attend the F&W Fest, and Celebrate our anniversary. It will be 9 years on 10/24, and on that night we will be dining at V&A's.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone, and enjoying some good food and wine!

BTW, Thanks for the PM MAGICinMYHEART.

We only have a few ADR made for our trip we are staying over at the Club Level at the Lodge, with all the food available there and the food & wine offerings we'll be grazing the whole trip.

Anybody else going to attend MNSSHP?
I ordered our tickets for October 21, 2007 my nephews and myself love the Halloween Party.

WELCOME TO THE GROUP KRISSY :wave:

Melissa, Another number besides the Fest one? For large group reservations or for all Fest ressies?

Brenda & Beckie, Those darn DVC points get used up quickly don't they!

We'll be at BCV from the 19th-26th, I think... We keep changing & adding! Yes arriving on the 19th checkout on the 26th. Just got the 19th on points, cash basis for the 26th. Why we ever thought 4 nights was enough, is beyond me? What were we thinking?

We are going to keep trying to get LeCellier for either Friday. A CM told DH that there are some travel agents that have a deal with Disney who book up blocks of Party Events and that some events could become available. Don't know if that's correct but we'll keep hoping & trying! I would have loved to do the Bistro Pairing, but we only have one Saturday & I know I can't do that & the Party!

Welcome, Krissy!!! Okay so now that is 16! That's is a party!

The Dining Lady told me to call another number so I'll do that tomorrow on my drive home (I have a 50 minute drive home from work that is really boring and with no one else on the road so phone calls keep me awake)
Melissa

Is this drive home in St. Augustine or Worcester? I guess I'm trying to ask which location are you located now?

Beckie

Brenda & Beckie, Those darn DVC points get used up quickly don't they!

They do get booked fast around our house, after our first F&WF I purchased an add on over at the Boardwalk Villas so we could just (stagger) walk home.

Welcome Krissy!

Sheryl, its a number for large groups. I'm not sure if its a number to do with any of the Food and Wine activities though. I'll let you know tomorrow.

Beckie, no MNSSHP for me. I went last year and enjoyed it but not enough to spend $40 on it this year. I will prolly attend again once I have children and they are old enough to enjoy it (so realistically, 8+years from now)

I'm waiting to see about purchasing into DVC until I know where I'm going to end up after graduation. If I stay here in MA and continue working full time where I intern now, I'll buy DVC. If I end up getting a job in Orlando, no DVC for me. Shaun (my fiance) wants to move to Central Florida since he finally realized snow sucks and its a lot cheaper to live in Florida than MA (I've only been telling him that for 3 years, but he has to hear it from someone else) At least I'm an ME so I should be able to find a job there.

Melissa

Is this drive home in St. Augustine or Worcester? I guess I'm trying to ask which location are you located now?

Beckie

I currently reside in Worcester, MA (I work in North Billerica for my internship, Worcester for my retail job since I'm crazy and can't handle being bored)

Since I'm still in college (one more semester left), I technically reside in St. Augustine, FL since I 'live' where my mother does. Plus, I truly do not like MA and don't want to give up my FL residency until I know where I'm ending up.

Welcome Krissy!!

I updated the front page - we're up to 16 people! :yay:

We've added on vacation points twice so now we own at BCV and at SSR... it gets to be an addiction after a while. ;)

No MNSSHP for us on this trip - we've done it three times in the last five years and to quote my husband, "we'd be happier with the dollar." ;) I'd rather spend the admission on that Sushi / Sake pairing!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

We just bought a re-sale @ BWV in February, so we were unable to book a studio there for October that late in the game. We will be at BCV 10/19 to 10/21, then at Saratoga Springs from 10/21 to 10/27. I was glad to be able to get an Epcot resort for the first 2 nights - makes it much easier to walk home via the International Gateway after PFTS.:p:

The only other events we are going to are Sweet Sundays on 10/21 and the Exquisite Evenings dinner 10/26. I am still hoping for the Sushi, Sake and Sashimi on 10/22, if that ever gets worked out.

Krissy, Being at the BC for the Party is great! You're going to love it, I guess we'll see you there. :goodvibes

Since everyone is talking about the Sake Sushi Pairing & it's still a possibility, Have any of you done it before? My DH wasn't too interested in it, not a fan of sake or sushimi, he does like sushi though. Is it really great? I'm seeing a lot of chat on the dis about it and wondering if we're missing out!

Since everyone is talking about the Sake Sushi Pairing & it's still a possibility, Have any of you done it before? My DH wasn't too interested in it, not a fan of sake or sushimi, he does like sushi though. Is it really great? I'm seeing a lot of chat on the dis about it and wondering if we're missing out!

I thought about that...but looking at the reviews there seems to be a lot of tuna based sushis and that is the one type of sushi I dislike so I don't want to go and not get my money's worth.

All the reviews I've seen rate it really highly. One of my friends from home went last year and enjoyed it. It helps you enjoy the subtle differences in sake and proper pairing of it. (I'm shunned by her since I only like my sake cold)

I'll stick to going to Minado's for my sushi fix.

All Ears posted a review from 2005 that looked really good and that's why Jay and I thought we'd try it this time around, even though I know some things may be too spicy for me.

We also arrived at the Sushi pairing by a process of elimination based on things we were interested in attending... we did Coral Reef and Marrakesh pairings last year so we didn't want to repeat. We wanted Rose & Crown more than a pairing at Italy and as much as I'd like to try the pairing in France I think it would be too much along with PFTS later in the day.

We would have dropped some bucks on a signature dinner or exquisitely expensive evening but nothing was offered during our dates that really appealed to us. Ah well... more money for the spa! :goodvibes

Since I'm still in college (one more semester left), I technically reside in St. Augustine, FL since I 'live' where my mother does. Plus, I truly do not like MA and don't want to give up my FL residency until I know where I'm ending up.

Melissa

I understand about wanting to keep your Florida Residency, we really get great deals @ WDW. My oldest nephew only has one semester before he graduates from UF I'll be dancing December 14th.

I live close to your Mom, just about 30 minutes from St. Augustine over in Clay County. (Orange Park)

Beckie

We did the Saki, Sushi and Sashimi pairing last year and loved it! That is why we wanted to return this year. Our pairing was very heavy on the tuna, but tuna is my favorite raw fish, so it worked for us. I really know very little about saki, so I was glad to learn about it, and to be honest, it really didn't sink in. I think I need a refresher!:)

The sushi chef last year was amazing. He grated fresh wasabi on a special shark-skin board. The fresh wasabi was so much better than any of the pre-made wasabi I have ever had at our local sushi place.

It was funny - we live on the Jersey shore. Our sushi chef last year, came into the US through NYC, and then he went out fishing for tuna on boats leaving Point Pleasant, NJ. When he found out we lived in Point Pleasant, he really took us under his wing. It was nice.

If anyone has info about when the saki, sushi, sashimi event can be booked, I will be so appreciative.

Beckie

I grew up in Jacksonville, in Arlington by the Dames Point. My father and other extended family live in Keystone Heights so I've spent a decent amount of time in Orange Park, since well there isn't much in Keystone.

I grew up in Jacksonville, in Arlington by the Dames Point. My father and other extended family live in Keystone Heights so I've spent a decent amount of time in Orange Park, since well there isn't much in Keystone.

I grew up in Jacksonville also, :cool1: in North Shore (Northside) area many, many, years ago. I have lived here in Orange Park for 20 years. I have friends that live in Keystone your right not much there but a nice little community. I ended up in Keystone a few weeks ago driving home from Gainesville, I made a wrong turn in Stark I have no idea how I managed to do it :confused3 I have been driving that route forever.

Brenda, I'm with you on the would have spent tons of money if! I was planning on booking a signature or ee evening but nothing was appealing enough to spend the big bucks.

Krissy, That Sushi pairing sounds great! My fav sushi is tuna also, DH not so much. Don't think I'm going to be able to convince him. :confused3

Melissa, Thanks for making the call! We have 16 now, I don't recall seeing any really large tables, but three of tables that seat 6 would work. If it doesn't work out, we'll just pick several of our fastest runners to nab tables! :laughing:

Sort of totally OT, but an early anniversary present from my DH came in today, an 18 bottle dual zone wine fridge!! Set up this morning & tried it on a bottle of Pierre Sparr Gewurtz tonight! Now we can pretend we are real wine snobs! :laughing:

Sheryl,

Sounds like a great early anniversy present and a practical one at that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter