Party for the Senses 10/20/07 - Join Us!!!

Thanks Brenda & Jeanne! I can't wait to get there & try some of those ports! I think it will be a tawny for me & DH might like something sweeter, but we'll both get to check out several at the Fest!!! :banana: Thanks for furthering my education! :goodvibes

TDC Nala, Have fun! You are making all of us so jealous!;)

We passed on the Conga Juice too, something with such a cool name should have spirits in it!

Have any of you done the Culinary demonstrations? Are they good? Last year, we'd do wine seminar after wine seminar then head back to the booths for food to try to maintain some semblance of sobriety! Should we make an effort to do some of those? Do you get food tastings?

Sorry this is a wee bit off topic, but I was hoping someone might have some advice.

I have a DIS-friend from England who really likes Banfi's Rosa Regale - she's leaving on a Disney cruise on 10/20 and wants to pick some up ahead of time to take on the ship. If you think the alcohol mark-up at WDW is ridiculous, try checking out DCL's mark-up - it's insane.

Does anyone know where she can go off property in Orlando or on her way to the port to buy some Rosa Regale? It sells here in St. Louis for $20 per bottle so I'm assuming she can pick it up for about the same in Florida.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you may have. :goodvibes

See ya in two weeks! :banana:

Some of the bigger ABC liquors should have it...there is prolly one near the port since they are everywhere in Florida.

Some of the bigger ABC liquors should have it...there is prolly one near the port since they are everywhere in Florida.

Thanks Melissa!

BTW, I have to agree with Shovan ... if the Conga juice doesn't have an "additive" then I think we'll just have to keep walking until we get to the Margarita stand. ;)

I know the Publix by me carries it. If they do, they would probably be the least expensive. We actually got Banfi Rosa Regali for $10 on sale once.

Also, I know that the Goodings has it, but not sure of their prices.

Good luck!!

Brenda, I know other cruise lines do not allow you to bring aboard liquor. Does the DCL allow it? Or can you get away with hiding in the luggage?

Sheryl

I know the Publix by me carries it. If they do, they would probably be the least expensive. We actually got Banfi Rosa Regali for $10 on sale once.

Also, I know that the Goodings has it, but not sure of their prices.

Good luck!!

Thanks Jeanne - I'll pass that on to her along with the suggestion for ABC.

$10 on sale ... I'm drooling just thinking about it. ;)

Brenda, I know other cruise lines do not allow you to bring aboard liquor. Does the DCL allow it? Or can you get away with hiding in the luggage?

Sheryl

Hey Sheryl! :goodvibes

Disney is really good about letting guests bring alcohol on board. You just bring it on board as part of your carry-on baggage - if you packed it into your luggage I think it would probably get broken considering the way the baggage handlers toss everything around. I've seen people bring an entire case of wine on a 7-night cruise.

The rub is that if you want to drink it with your dinner they will charge you a corkage fee of something like $15 per bottle (they gotta make money on the booze some way). But otherwise DCL is pretty flexible.

Sheryl
Yes!
For my December Cruise, the girls and I are planning on saving money by bringing the hard stuff on board with us and prolly some wine too.

Hello, would you mind if 2 Brits joined you?
We loved Party last year and met some great Folks whilst grazing.
This will be our eleventh visit to Orlando since 1996 and we bought DVC last year (imagine the money we could of saved if we had bought in '96?):confused3
We're staying RPR, OKW and BWV this visit.

This will be our eleventh visit to Orlando since 1996 and we bought DVC last year (imagine the money we could of saved if we had bought in '96?):confused3

Welcome to our group!

Hey Sheryl! :goodvibes

Disney is really good about letting guests bring alcohol on board. You just bring it on board as part of your carry-on baggage - if you packed it into your luggage I think it would probably get broken considering the way the baggage handlers toss everything around. I've seen people bring an entire case of wine on a 7-night cruise.

The rub is that if you want to drink it with your dinner they will charge you a corkage fee of something like $15 per bottle (they gotta make money on the booze some way). But otherwise DCL is pretty flexible.

Yes!
For my December Cruise, the girls and I are planning on saving money by bringing the hard stuff on board with us and prolly some wine too.

This is really good to hear! :goodvibes We have been thinking about doing a DCL cruise with SIL, BIL & DNiece 4 for '09, so if we can bring my own booze makes it even more tempting! We really had quite a bar tab on the Carnival Cruise we did a few years back.

Welcome we'd love to meet you! :goodvibes We are also DVC owners. We often wonder why we didn't do that a long time ago!

Hey Y'all, I noticed on Melissa's (yearbook50) F&W meet thread, someone mentioned grabbing several tables spread out across the room. So that as you move around the room, you could have a place to stop & eat. They mentioned making some type of decorative table markers to place on the tables. What does everyone think of the spread out table vs tables grouped together in one spot? Does everyone want to be able to meet & chat with everyone or just have a place to stop, rest & chat with our Dis buddies?

Any of you crafty people have any ideas for table markers?

I can see what type of craftiness I can do. I have a final on Wednesday but after that, I'm free to play with crafts.

Does anyone have an ideas on what fun crafty thing we could put on them?

If no ideas, I'll just go to AC Moore and see what I can come up with.

Maybe something easy like a lime green flower with a LGMH or a photo shopped thing?

I can see what type of craftiness I can do. I have a final on Wednesday but after that, I'm free to play with crafts.

Maybe something easy like a lime green flower with a LGMH or a photo shopped thing?
I love that idea Melissa. A LGMH is always a good thing for us DIS-people.

But I think I like the idea of close tables, so we can all chat and mingle with each other! I'm so looking forward to meeting you all!

But I think I like the idea of close tables, so we can all chat and mingle with each other! I'm so looking forward to meeting you all!

I think I like the close together tables as well. I can just envision wandering to a far away DIS table, having it be full, then wandering to another area, no seats available, etc. The search continues..... If we are lucky to get a cluster of tables together, we can move about them, and always have a seat in the same general area, and not have to worry about crowding in one part of the room, vs. openings in another.

Does that make sense? :hippie:

Melissa, That sounds great to me!:thumbsup2

I appreciate you doing this! I am so swamped right now, I can't think straight. We are starting an extensive bathroom remodel the same day we leave for WDW. So I have been cleaning out closets, cabinets, etc like a crazy woman! It's great that the demolition will be done while we are gone, but we'll be without a working master bath for 4-6 weeks! Ugh. I haven't even thought about the packing for DW yet!

I love that idea Melissa. A LGMH is always a good thing for us DIS-people.

On the tables, I'm hoping if at least a few of us get there early & are up the front when they allow us in to the main room, we'll be able to snag a few tables together! Let's hope so!

Krissalee, That was my original thoughts on it too. But then I saw what other groups were doing & wanted to check in with y'all!

Yes, hopefully we could get at least a few tables together.

I spoke to a co-worker yesterday who went to the 9/29 POS and he said that this year there are less larger tables but they added more two and four tops.

I think Disney is trying to promote the "cocktail" aspect of this event.

I keep looking for some more reviews, but they are far and few.

It will be great to finally meet everyone!!

BRAINSTORM!!!!!

What do you think about having a meeting point an hour or half hour before the party party lines up (for those that aren't going to go the the Eat to the Beat concert). We would pick a designated time, near the event, and then all get in line together at the entrance to get into PFTS. With a mass of people, we would probably be able to find a section of available tables together, keeping in mind to reserve space for those who will be arriving a wee bit later, after the concert. If we had table decorations, as has been discussed, it would help those arriving later find us.

My big obstacle (the one in my mind), has been the idea of not being able to find all of you.

What do you think? Good, bad? Any suggestions? Or details of times, places, etc., that we can work out?:hippie:

I wouldn't be able to do a meet up but if I see a DIS table while I am wandering maybe I will stop for eat and greet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter