PART FIVE!! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

ksromack said:
It'll all get done. Work will still be there when you return. Do you really hate Les Mis? I LoVE it and can't wait for movie!

I completely LOVE Les Mis. We are talking borderline obsessed and have been since I was 14. I can listen to it over and over again. The commercial for the movie even makes me cry. I am not loving Russell Crowe as Javert from what little I have seen of him in the commercial, but I hope to be proven wrong!!

Some DHS Christmas love while DD is getting a hair wrap

2917CEE9-1156-4631-A7D6-C7E0FBEAFA74-546-00000026D3EB4EE1.jpg

We'll be on the road in about 14 hours!

On his way out the door to work Dbf just said "I plan on buying us tickets to MVMCP. It would just be silly to go around Christmas time and not go to the party." To which I replied, "but but the scheduuuule!"

I'm not sure if MVMCP is worth it for the two of us. We don't really care much about meeting the characters and the crowds for the parade and fireworks are always a bit stressful with people stepping in front and such. It would be nice to have shorter ride lines, snow on Main St, and cookies and hot cocoa. hmmm But for the same price we could get a 3rd day added to our tickets.

I had already decided against the party, but didn't realize he was planning on going! Decisions, decisions...

We'll be on the road in about 14 hours!

On his way out the door to work Dbf just said "I plan on buying us tickets to MVMCP. It would just be silly to go around Christmas time and not go to the party." To which I replied, "but but the scheduuuule!"

I'm not sure if MVMCP is worth it for the two of us. We don't really care much about meeting the characters and the crowds for the parade and fireworks are always a bit stressful with people stepping in front and such. It would be nice to have shorter ride lines, snow on Main St, and cookies and hot cocoa. hmmm But for the same price we could get a 3rd day added to our tickets.

I had already decided against the party, but didn't realize he was planning on going! Decisions, decisions...

Personally... I'd take the extra day on the tickets.

Soooooo...I think I posted something this afternoon how great life is...and that I feel great...and I'm not stressed. WELL...how quickly things changed. DD15 called to tell me that she and DD17 were in a car accident!:scared1::scared1::scared1: That was my reaction!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1:
They are both fine...however, it was a major accident all cars needed to be towed, one boy went to the hospital by ambulance, ?broken arm but, otherwise walking around at the scene...and according to my DD is now home and tweeting about it on Twitter.
My DD was driving my car, which is now not drivable. So, work was immediately stopped...I took off to the accident...hugged them both and didn't want to let go. The police gave me a copy of the report, called the insurance, called the tow company, called the autobody shop. I then resumed work...and just finished. Tomorrow...instead of working, I'll need to go to the tow yard, have the car towed to the autobody, let the adjuster know where the car is...and hope he can appraise it tomorrow so, that the autobody can start the repairs; go to the police station and the RMV...and hope that all of this is all set before we leave. I am truly counting my blessings that all parties are fine. However, I am so frustrated that I have done very little for a week after being sick...and NOW I have to take care of this...and we are down one car...and we leave in 60 hours.:headache:

Soooooo...I think I posted something this afternoon how great life is...and that I feel great...and I'm not stressed. WELL...how quickly things changed. DD15 called to tell me that she and DD17 were in a car accident!:scared1::scared1::scared1: That was my reaction!!!:scared1::scared1::scared1:
They are both fine...however, it was a major accident all cars needed to be towed, one boy went to the hospital by ambulance, ?broken arm but, otherwise walking around at the scene...and according to my DD is now home and tweeting about it on Twitter.
My DD was driving my car, which is now not drivable. So, work was immediately stopped...I took off to the accident...hugged them both and didn't want to let go. The police gave me a copy of the report, called the insurance, called the tow company, called the autobody shop. I then resumed work...and just finished. Tomorrow...instead of working, I'll need to go to the tow yard, have the car towed to the autobody, let the adjuster know where the car is...and hope he can appraise it tomorrow so, that the autobody can start the repairs; go to the police station and the RMV...and hope that all of this is all set before we leave. I am truly counting my blessings that all parties are fine. However, I am so frustrated that I have done very little for a week after being sick...and NOW I have to take care of this...and we are down one car...and we leave in 60 hours.:headache:

I'm so sorry you have all of this to deal with right before you leave, but it's great that they are both okay. I hope you can get everything done tomorrow!

Oh no!! Glad the girls are okay, but yikes! Why does stuff like this always happen right before vacation? :confused3. Hope you get it all worked out so you can enjoy this trip!!

Oh no! I'm glad everyone was okay, and I hope you can get it all sorted!

Just checked in with Southwest. We got boarding numbers A22-25. That's good, right?

The only thing left to do now is pack toiletries and clean the house! At this time tomorrow we'll be there!

Anybody else have a pre-park opening ADR on their first day?

Just checked in with Southwest. We got boarding numbers A22-25. That's good, right?

The only thing left to do now is pack toiletries and clean the house! At this time tomorrow we'll be there!

Anybody else have a pre-park opening ADR on their first day?

That is very good. A1-30 are the first to board (after those with disabilities). :goodvibes

Thought I'd give a quick update!

Took the Keys to the Kingdom Tour yesterday and loved it, although it was a long morning and I was tired. Our tour guide Katie was awesome and a Disney freak like many of us :) she was telling a story about the dedication day in October 1971 and while I was tearing up I saw that she was too! Bless her heart.

For the cupcake fans, found this minty chocolate baby at the Contempo Cafe.
42544653-3831-42CD-B28B-BD9513E5A8E0-3208-000002DCFDB7B2E4.jpg

This morning we went to Epcot and grabbed a FP for Test Track. I bought this for breakfast on the recommendation of Jess (frump trip reports) at Sunshine Seasons.
C51DCAA3-9FCA-4331-BA74-3779F889FF39-3208-000002DCF74F5161.jpg

Yum.

Test Track was just OK in my opinion. I swear it felt faster on the track the way it was before. This could just be my imagination though. I am a sucker for keeping attractions as they once were.

For dinner we went to O'hana for the very first time. It was sooooo good!! I wish I could have saved room for seconds on the bread pudding. Even DH who is not a fan of bread pudding, enjoyed it. I also ordered a Lapu Lapu from the bar before sitting for dinner. Yum. Loved it and wanted to scrap the pineapple from the inside when I was done, but didn't for fear of embarrassing myself.
3F75C662-8941-4D1A-A6BE-2024C15AE6D9-3208-000002DCEE48FDBB.jpg

After we finished eating, DH went to use the restroom and while I was waiting I saw a Diser! She was getting seated with her family, so I didn't say anything. And of course you all know I am horrible with names.... She recently got a haircut and loves her headbands. Hi, if you read this! Sorry I didn't say anything.

geckodani said:
Personally... I'd take the extra day on the tickets.

Ditto! That would give you another WHOLE day and it wouldn't mess with your already planned schedule!

You can add me to the list of POFQ attendees. We will be there 12/10 thru 12/16. I have less than 72 hours to go before we leave for Pop for one night, I am super excited!!!!!!!

Lcaemom said:

OMG!!!! So sorry this happened and so very relieved that your kids are ok. The car is just a thing and your insurance will take care of it. The big thing is your girls being ok. You'll get it all sorted out I'm sure, and years from now I am sure you'll all laugh over the time your DD wrecked the car days before your trip.

Sorry to hear about the accident, and I am glad everyone is ok. You and I both know this is going to end up with lawyers, so I suggest you have your daughter stop Twittering or posting online about the events. Only talk to your lawyer or the insurance agent. I hope I am wrong about this ending up with lawyers.

Take care!

So sorry to hear about this!! I am so glad everyone is safe!

Lcaemom

So sorry to hear your news, but thank goodness no one was seriously injured. What a scary day!!

You're not all going to disappear immediately from this thread once December is over right? Our trip carries over into January and I'd still like to tell you all how it went! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter