• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Park Closing Question

Woodmnky

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip in Jan. The WDW calendar says that MK closes at 8pm and that Wishes is also at 8pm. When do the shops & restaurants actually close down? I am wondering if we can watch Wishes and then maybe pick up a late snack while the herd of people clears.

The shops along Main Street stay open for a considerable amount of time after closing, probably depending upon crowds (later for busier times, earlier for less crowded days).

However, I know the food carts close down before Wishes concludes but I'm not sure about Casey's or other CS places along Main Street. Besides the Bakery and the Confectionery, which do stay open, you may not be able to get snacks beyond that like pizza, pretzels or hot dogs. I do know that Tony's takes reservations past the the start time for Wishes.

Shops are open until the crowds clear the park ~ 45 minutes.

I believe the shops on main street stay open for up to an hour after closing. That's what I've been told when we were there. (The want you to linger and spend more money in the parks!)

Thanks. Sounds like we can find something to do until the crowds disperse.
Lingering in the Main St area after Wishes is a very good idea. I will stop in the stores, and it's clever how one shop opens up to the next shop, so you don't notice the ton of merchandise you're looking at. We don't usually get a treat, but lots of people do. I think places near the hub, like the ice cream shop, candy store, bakery and (maybe) Casey's, are open after hours. Someone else might know better.

The shops usually stay open for about an hour after the park closes. If there is still a big crowd, they push it to an hour and a half or so.

Not all food places stay open until closing. I know we went to DHS in the evening in May and wanted to go to Starring Rolls and it was already closed. I think Columbia Harbour House doesn't always stay open late.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter