Paging Skylarr!

sbggirl

Earning My Ears
I saw on a post that you knew alot about the illuminations dessert party and wondered if you could answer this question...I am getting married at Disney and planned to have a dessert party. My estimated budget came in the other day and there was a $500 site fee for the party. Is this waived if you meet some sort of food minimum? I had not given my coordinator my menu yet so my budget did not include food costs. Just wondered if you knew...

Well I have never heard of this but maybe this is just the estimate for the viewing fee that they charge everyone to see Illuminations. The fee is 12.50 and there is also a $90 fee for a hostess. You must have one hostess for every 50 guests that you have. You must also pay a $75 fee for having tables set up. Calculate all of this with the amount of guests you are having and see if this adds up to the $500.00

Quick note on "hosts" and directions. I had two hosts for mine and I still had to go out in the park and to the front gate to help my guests find their way. My own mother almost missed the show and I actually missed part of the show for having to do the guides jobs. So if you do it, give good directions and instructions to your guests so you don't have the same potential problem (OR don't leave your cell on that night)!!!

Berry :wizard:

Thanks for the heads up moonbeams, also did you charter a disney bus to bring your guests???? I was told that I had to pay for the charter to bring them to international gateway. What did you have to do???? Thanks

Skylarr,

I goofed just a little with my post (recalling my Fantasmic dessert party and not my Illuminations one) LOL! But, I have my sanity (and my memory) back now and can still answer.

So Illuminations. I did have to charter a bus to transport my guests from the Wedding Pavillion all the way over to the back of the American Adventure and then guides walked them from backstage there out to the Italy Isola for the Illuminations viewing/pre-reception cocktails party. However, the bus was a requirement AND a logistical neccessity for my group since we were at the AA until the wee hours (way after park closing).

On the other hand, Fantasmic was a dessert party night only so guests could walk in with park admission OR meet my guides at Guest Services. In fact, that's where they did their total headcount to charge me the per person w/o ticket viewing fee. Illuminaitons night, they just counted heads getting off the bus.

I've attended other folks dessert parties at Epcot w/Illuminations viewing and they had all walked in to it. So I don't know if maybe the bus requirement is only if you are having your event run past 10 PM or if maybe it's a new rule. Sorry for the mixup. My brain was overprocessed yesterday!

Berry :wizard:

Sorry for the mixup. My brain was overprocessed yesterday!

No problem at all. I just knwo that most of the time it is soooooo much faster to get info here than to call or email as it normally takes a day or two for people to get back. I am just trying to figure this all out and I like to have all the facts. Thanks for all your help and input. :wave2:

I was told that the site fee was merely a venue rental fee, and is supposed to replace the hostess fee. :confused3

Well I hope everything works out for you. I noticed you sig and you are having your wedding exactly how I want mine lol... wedding pavilion, living seas, lower Uk... good luck with all your planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter