Pack for all week or do laundry???

This is all dependent on the type of facilities that your hotel has. It sounds like PC is ok?

We stayed at the Courtyard DTD (now a Holiday Inn) - they had 2 washers & 2 dryers in the main tower. We had to wait for someone else and then both myself and my friend had full loads of laundry. It took us HOURS to get done - dryers were horrid and took forever to dry.

However, at the Swan, DS carried our bag to the Dolphin laundry - several washers and dryers. It was busy but I only had to wait a little bit. I even did about 3 loads of clothes!! (DS was golfing nearly every day so he would change b4 he went golfing, then after again and then again at bed!!! - 3 outfits per day!!!) I took along a book and read and even took a walk up to the Dolphin gift shop and spent a bunch of money!!!

We also use the laundry tablets - pack so easily. Also - be sure you have a mesh bag. You don't want Florida sweaty clothes stuck back in a suitcase or in a plastic clothing bag from the hotel to get mildew!!

I vote no laundry. I definitely don't want to do laundry while on vacation......wish I didn't have to do laundry at home. Maid...where are you?

Originally posted by skiwee1
I do not mind doing laundry while on vacation. I kind of enjoy sitting there late at night for an hour chatting with the other ladies doing clothes. It is peaceful and relaxing and in no way takes away from my park or resort time. You won't find me at a park or sitting on the balcony at midnight but you might find me in the laundry room! It can get quite interesting in there late at night as I found out. The last trip to the Poly I was in the laundry room and some lush comes in and starts looking in washers. She finally finds one and puts her clothes in. A few minutes later I go to take my clothes out. She starts screaming at me that they are her clothes! It was pretty funny. She was trashed and a total embarrassment to her kids that were with her. I showed her she was wrong and all of a sudden she is my "bestest" friend in the world. I also figure out that the concierge does not limit beers at the lounge or these Georgians have brought a massive stock of booze with them. Her husband comes in and brings her 4 more longneck beers to drink while she is doing her load of clothes. She already had one beer done and started another when he reloaded her. So the laundry can be a pretty interesting place to be at midnight!

What a great idea! I don't know why I didn't think of it! I posted the same question a few weeks ago. Our trip is going to be 17 days and we're a family of 5. I was racking my brain trying to figure out how to avoid doing laundry. I came to conclusion that I would pack everything in large ziplock bags and figured if I absolultely had to do laundry, it would be in the afternoon while the kids are swimming. Well, I wasn't too happy at that prospect. But I never thought about doing it at night. That's why I love the DIS, lots of great ideas. Thanks Skiwee!:D

I was always a person who said I would NEVER do laundry on vacation. That was until this most recent vacation--now I am a convert. I way!!!!!!!! overpacked and the only thing that I really laughed about the whole luggage thing (11 bags !!!!!)was how everyone had their 2 or 3 favorite outfits...that they wanted to wear over and over. I will do laundry from now on and pack less--plus is having more room for souveniers!!!!! and not having to do 3 days worth of laundry when you get back from vacation!!!!
Flo

There are such great ideas here!! I have decided that doing laundry (most likely at night) will be what I do from now on. I have all of our bags packed - down to 2 from 5!!! I have one rolling duffle and one 20" rolling upright. Last year I had 5 suitcases plus the cooler plus the makeup carryon etc, etc. It will be so nice now just to have a few bags!!!

We leave in 3 Days!!!!

Cya There!!!

:jumping1:

When we went last year for 7 nights, I had planned to do a couple loads of laundry midway through. Well, I ended up REALLY NOT wanting to waste time doing laundry!!!!! So I didn't, and we made it till the end with what we had. I will never plan to do laundry again, I know once I'm actually there I won't want to do it! So I say pack for the whole week, just try to wear some things more than once to save space.

Don't do laundry, don't take extra clothes, just stink! Then that way maybe you won't notice the mold and mildew odor that seems to be everywhere from the $36 a night wonder we found our butts stuck in the last visit to the $300 plus a night rooms that have complimentary mold for your enjoyment. Oh, don't forget to leave a tip for the cleaning lady!

I ALWAYS do laundry on vacation. The last thing I want to do when I get home is unpack 4 suitcases full of dirty clothes!

What I've done in the past is done laundry early in the morning. I'm usually up before everyone else anyway, so I get it ready the night before, and head to the laundry room on the way.

This trip will be a bit different, since we will be gone for 16 days, I'm going to have to do it twice, at least!

I plan on doing it either on a pool day, while DH is in the pool with DD's or on a day that it's raining, and we're just hanging out. It's inevidable that it's going to rain while we're in Florida, and this is a great day to do it.

I will also do laundry on our way home at our first stop. Fayetteville, NC...This way when I get home the only dirty clothes I have are 2 days worth of everyone...not 7-8...

on our way home I'll do laundry again while DD's are in the hotel pool with DH.

It would take FOREVER to get caught up on 2 weeks of laundry once I got home!

Brandy

I still vote for no laundry on vacation. I hate knowing my family is at the pool, relaxing in the room or sleeping while I'm stuck in a laundry room.

I would much rather wait until I got home & do it at my own pace, no matter how much there is, instead of taking part of my vacation to do housework!!!

For those of you in the laundry rooms in Disney have fun - I'll be at the pool with my book & a frozen drink!!! :teeth:

Originally posted by MELSMICE
I still vote for no laundry on vacation. I hate knowing my family is at the pool, relaxing in the room or sleeping while I'm stuck in a laundry room.

I would much rather wait until I got home & do it at my own pace, no matter how much there is, instead of taking part of my vacation to do housework!!!

For those of you in the laundry rooms in Disney have fun - I'll be at the pool with my book & a frozen drink!!! :teeth:

Actually when you are in bed, I will be in the laundry room with a book and perhaps a Lava Flow! Nothing better then vegging out ALONE after touring the parks with a wired 4 y/o! LOL!

Laundry or not? Well, everyone has their opinions. I'd like to pass along a little humerous story concerning laundry that happened to us last summer.

We went to Sea World In San Antonio and stayed at the Marriott Riverwalk. My then 5-year old son had an accident and I was going to wash out his underpants in the sink but thought better of it. After all, I did have extra underwear. So I just put his underwear in a plastic bag and set it outside the room to keep it from stinking up the place until I could find a trash shoot the next day. Well, the plastic bag I used happened to be the valet laundry bag they have in some hotel closets. There's a ticket to fill out for how you want your laundry done, which I didn't see or fill out, but not to worry--there's a bar code on the bag identifying the room. Well, the next morning we found a little package hanging on our door--a cleaner bag with my son's underpants, all nice and clean and on a hanger! They added a charge of $6.25 to our bill! I could buy a pack of six underpants at WalMart for about $4.50. Oh, well, that wasn't Walmart! We still laugh about that one!

Originally posted by vhoffman
Well, the next morning we found a little package hanging on our door--a cleaner bag with my son's underpants, all nice and clean and on a hanger! They added a charge of $6.25 to our bill! I could buy a pack of six underpants at WalMart for about $4.50. Oh, well, that wasn't Walmart! We still laugh about that one!

That is soooooo funny! :tongue:

I said on my last trip that I would not do laundry and packed enough clothes for 2 weeks (I am famous amongst my friends for over packing or having to buy another case bafore we come home!). But as we had a 2 bed villa at the BCV I ended up doing laundry as it was so easy. We put a load in before we went out, put it in the dryer when we came back later in the day and then folded all the clothes before we went to bed. It was no hastle at all. Next time I will pack less things (yes you read that correctly eeyorewood if you read this!!) I guess that way I can buy more when I am there!! (although not enough to buy another case like on several previous trips!!)

I am going through this dilemma right now as the weather looks so iffy next week.

Generally, I pack enough as its just shorts and T's but since we may be needing, shorts, capris, long pants and even sweatshirts I guess I will bring a little of everything. If we have enough great but if we out use our pants or sweats I will have to wash. I guess I will be sure and pack my laundry tablets and one dollar bills. We will be at the dolphin so the girls will love a few hours at the arcade - win, win situation!

The simple answer is that no I don't like to do laundry nor do I plan to do it on vacation but its nice to have the option. How wishy washy is that <g>.

TJ

I hear you with the having to pack for 2 weeks. We'll in Florida 2 1/2 weeks. On the bright side, though, I 've been buying clothes little by little and have found that I shouldn't have a problem since shorts and tees take up very little space. I was able to put the 7 tees and tank tops I just bought in one large ziplock bag with room to spare. If worse comes to worse, I plan on taking the advice of someone who posted previously and do laundry at night so I don't cut into pool or park touring time.:teeth:

I ended up doing laundry. I just happened to wake up at 5am yesterday morning...I have no idea why! But, since I was the only one awake, I went to the laundry room, read the paper and watched the news while everything washed. Needless to say, I had the place to myself...LOL It will be nice to come home with not quite so much dirty laundry I guess. (Yep, I'm DISing from Disney...we'll be home on the 12th :( )

That underpants story is TOO FUNNY!

I usually do laundry mid-vacation if I can. Last year at CBR DH & I took one evening to hang out by the pool & did laundry as we relaxed! I hate packing a lot -- just more to carry, and you need room for all those souveniers!!!!! I just make sure I pack some mix-and match stuff. I don't want all my pictures looking like I wore the same thing!

::MinnieMo

hi
Well ime going to be very lazy when were over there. I cant even keep up with the laundry over here in uk let alone try to do it over there. Im'e only taking 2 days clothes, as your clothes are so cheap over there were gonna go out on shopping spree the first day. I am usually a person that packs every thing plus the kitchen sink so ime gonna find not packing alot very difficult. Also there seems to be a valet laundry service on our resort so ime going to use that with no hesitation. A post before mentioned that it costs $6.99 for valet service thats a bargain as when we holiday in uk it usually costs around £4.00 a load to wash and dry yourself.

thanks marv

Originally posted by Danauk
I said on my last trip that I would not do laundry and packed enough clothes for 2 weeks (I am famous amongst my friends for over packing or having to buy another case bafore we come home!). But as we had a 2 bed villa at the BCV I ended up doing laundry as it was so easy. We put a load in before we went out, put it in the dryer when we came back later in the day and then folded all the clothes before we went to bed. It was no hastle at all. Next time I will pack less things (yes you read that correctly eeyorewood if you read this!!) I guess that way I can buy more when I am there!! (although not enough to buy another case like on several previous trips!!)

I agree that it totally depends on where you stay. When we went to WDW on our honeymoon in 1999, we were packed for 8 days worth of changing clothes. But we were upgraded to a one-bedroom villa at OKW and were surprised to find a W&D in our room. Popping something in the wash was a no-brainer from then on out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter