• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Over the river and through the FUN!

Love the Welcome to FL sign! Wish I was enjoying the sunny weather right now! Instead, I'm freezing in the snow! :laughing: So did you tell him how many times Brooklynn had been to Dinsey? ;)

Hannah is ready for Christmas. I wrapped a couple of presents and put them under the tree and every morning she asks "is this the day I can open my presents?" Sorry no, not yet! We went to see a Christmas play today and she got to visit Santa, so that thrilled her. However, she asked Santa for a Dinosaur....hmm....Santa thought she wanted a doll house, and now she changes her mind! Santa is hoping she doesn't want the big $300 one, because she is NOT getting that one. :santa:

How many Mickey heads did you get? They make great pieces for countdown calendars.

I actually forgot to grab the Mickey heads--I was so excited to see small, potted Christmas trees. I did get some before, because I wanted to number them and stick them on my bedroom door for a countdown. I had enough to start at 66 days, which is today, so I got to take the first one down!

I love the picture of Brooklynn looking so excited to see the Disney World sign! All-Star Music looks really cute.

Oh, I am so excited, Jill and MeMom!!! Brooklyn's hair is getting so long and she is so adorable.

I do believe those are my two favorite signs in the whole world -- Welcome to Florida and Welcome to Walt Disney World. Really and truly!

Is that Pilgrim Minnie with Brooklyn?

What did you tell the nice CM when he asked if that was Brooklyn's first trip? Did you give him the exact number?

Yes, that is Pilgrim Minnie from 2007. Her sister, Pilgrim Minnie 2008 came back home with her. We have the Mickeys, too. They had different outfits, and of course different years, and they were too cute to resist. They are some of the few souvenirs I got this time. I did very well - I didn't buy one t-shirt, pin, pair of earrings...I hardly got anything, so I didn't feel too bad about getting the new ones. One day when I'm gone, maybe my kids will look at the little guys and have fond memories of the 2008 trip.

Love the Welcome to FL sign! Wish I was enjoying the sunny weather right now! Instead, I'm freezing in the snow! :laughing: So did you tell him how many times Brooklynn had been to Dinsey? ;)

Hannah is ready for Christmas. I wrapped a couple of presents and put them under the tree and every morning she asks "is this the day I can open my presents?" Sorry no, not yet! We went to see a Christmas play today and she got to visit Santa, so that thrilled her. However, she asked Santa for a Dinosaur....hmm....Santa thought she wanted a doll house, and now she changes her mind! Santa is hoping she doesn't want the big $300 one, because she is NOT getting that one. :santa:

I think she just told him she'd been several times. I'm not sure she told him an exact number. What is the number now, anyway? It's about 6 or 7, I think.

You'll have to stop by Build-a-Dino when you go to WDW.

I actually forgot to grab the Mickey heads--I was so excited to see small, potted Christmas trees. I did get some before, because I wanted to number them and stick them on my bedroom door for a countdown. I had enough to start at 66 days, which is today, so I got to take the first one down!

I love the picture of Brooklynn looking so excited to see the Disney World sign! All-Star Music looks really cute.

So you did get a tree? I got a new one, too, and it looks much better than the old one. Not as nice as that Music one, but way better than the old one!

Music is nice in the fact that it has many outdoor activities for kids (and non-kids) out by the pool all day long. Also, it has newer curtains and bedspreads than Pop, curtains already provided at the sink area, and extra hanging hooks.

IMG_0025.jpg

awwwww.....look at jill's little preggo belly! so cute!

great start!! Love the pictures already--Jills baby bump looks awesome!!:cool1:

I agree. Jill looks adorable. And just when I thought Brooklynn couldn't get any cuter. She had to go and prove me wrong. I can't wait to hear how this trip played out. We have 12 more days until we go.
Wait, it's after midnight. We have 11 more days. YAY!

Love that tree! I also love Brooklynns new long hair! She sure has grown up! I love the guy standing at the entrance, I've never heard of that at a value! Can't wait for more, heading to WDW on thursday with mom! :)

hello I finally found my way over.

Great start Jill.

:woohoo: we're at Disney. The tree looked really nice.

Yay! Your new report - can't wait to read it. It makes my mornings worthwhile when I can read your updates!!!

Julie xxx

Yaaaaa.....my first thought this morning was to check in and see if you had started your new trippie...and here it is.....and I am already late....I may not even make it on the first few pages. Oh well. Trust me I have enjoyed every pic and line so far. A couple of thoughts...

the part about Brooklyn throwing a fit is hilarious....only cause I have lived thru it and survived. :laughing: While my Brook and Devon dance (on Tues), Sarah and I go to the local library. Its a small branch but it is the noisest place on earth. Seriously. We wouldnt have heard Brooklynn in there. :rolleyes1 If I want to get anything done, I bring my ipod.

Second, I was going to comment on how pathetic the few nutcrackers were for decorations (I mean compared to disney) but then I looked around my non-decorated house and decided not to make a flip comment :rotfl:

Yaaaaa that you all arrived in such good time in FL. Love the balloon guy. And the first thing I said when I saw that pic was how cute Jill's belly was.....awwwwwww.

Well, I am out by the pool waiting for the next installment. I also brought my sewing machine with me since I still have like 4 more outfits and a dozen gifts to make in the next week or so :eek: Wish me luck on that.

Love you all! :lovestruc

Hi Memom and Jill,

It was great to meet both of you & Brooklyn on our first night and take a few pictures. can't wait to hear about your trip.

YaY... move over everyone, I'm climbing in the Sleigh for this Ride over the River too.
The Music Tree looks great. I have not stayed there yet (next year), but have been to Movies and Sports. Will be on my way to Sports this time next Sunday and will be there by 4 pm.
Even though I will be there, went to the Disney store in Mishawaka, IN. yesterday and got some deals for the Grandkids, 4$ plates and cereal bowls and 5$ long sleeve T-shirts :cool1: , I knew I wouldn't find those prices down there :thumbsup2 , but I am looking forward to making a Dino at DTD. A Dino was one request from the youngest Grandson Christian and I was planning to get it at AK but when I saw the pic of all the Build a Dino's I knew exactly where I was getting it. Thanks for the pic. or I wouldn't have known.:love:
Looking forward to more reads, have a Satisfying Sunday.

Nan

This was definitely not Brooklynn's first trip or the last !!! :rotfl2: She is adorable in her outfit and goldilocks.

The Cypress Gardens pic is perfect, she even has blonde hair to match. I would love to take my DMom to Cypress Gardens, she loved it there and she hasn't been in a very long time. I thought it closed down? :confused: I guess I was mistaken. :confused3

Aww...Pilgrim Minnie. You showed so much restraint in your souvenier shopping. I don't think I could be so disiplined. I will start to save after Xmas so I will have enough. There will never be enough for everything...but a girl can try. :rotfl2:

Walmart in Ocala :) , I've never been to that one. We usually go to the one on I192. It's a must. :cool1:

I feel so happy when I see the WDW welcome arches. :woohoo: It feels like we are finally there to me. :woohoo:

BrooklynnsMommy your belly is so adorable. You are glowing, or are you just happy to be at WDW. :laughing: Isabella's first Pre Trip. :cloud9:

The tree at ASMusic is lovely. Nice close up of the decorations.

Good news to hear they have made a few changes adding the curtains at the resort.

My DMom came home the other day with lime green Mickey heads from Home Depot. She heard me talking about them and picked me up a few. She loves Home Depot so I will have lots of opertunities in the coming year to get a good collection.

Happy Elf your name is so fitting for this time of year. :laughing: I could never put the presents out now, my kids can't be trusted. :rotfl: My DD has changed her mind a dozen times already, I've told her it's too late. :laughing: "Santa made her toy along time ago". :laughing:

Nicole have a wonderful time with your mom at WDW. Have fun!!! :hug:

Good afternoon MeMom! I did end up buying a tree--I want to say it's a balsam fir. It's soft and has tiny needles, so I'm hoping that it doesn't drop a lot. I don't think it would happen, but I don't want my dog eating the needles. :scared: We already have gifts wrapped and under the big tree, but it hasn't been decorated yet. Hopefully later!

I'm hopping on the sleigh ride also! I love the pictures so far, and I hope everyone on your end is happy and healthy through the season (and beyond!)
I'll be following along :yay:

i'm here now.

How many trips does this make for Brooklyn now?? She is only two and she has been to WDW more times than I have (age 28 and 4 times):rotfl: She'll probably be on #20 by the time we go back and take Caleb.:rotfl:

I love that the toys I played with are back. I got a Care Bear and a Popple doll (remember those??) for my 2 yr old niece for xmas. She probably does not even know what they are but I am soo excited to give them to her because I had so much fun playing with them as a child.

Love seeing jill's baby bump....is this pregnancy flying by? It seems so long ago that I was pregnant and it has been almost 11 weeks now since I delivered.

Boy, you have a blurry picture-taker. I hope it gets better!

In the past, when I've had the occasion to tell someone to hold their breath, like maybe in teaching someone to swim, they did not immediately put their hand to their head. Does Brooklynn think she is a dolphin? Or perhaps a saltwater crocodile?

We kept telling John that we hadn't seen anything from Perry, GA to the Florida state line by the light of day, because we always get there late and leave before the sun is up. We took pity on him and stayed long enough so he could sleep more and have breakfast. The Florida Welcome Center was actually open when we went through, so we got our free juice. We've gotten used to stopping for a potty break and a picture of the Welcome to Florida sign before the sun comes up.

Anyway, I'll be back later to put up some blurry and hopefully non-blurry pictures, because I think my trip was similar to yours.

By the way, you have a cute kid there. Her hair's kinda wild, but she's still pretty cute.

I might have been at Target when you started the report buying aforementioned cute kid with wild hair a My Little Pony. She had such a good time with them at Disney World that I thought she needed to have one out here in the real world. Only this one doesn't come with a big round table filled with parts, which you might apppreciate when it comes to clean-up time.

I hope everyone is having a good Saturday - probably shopping and pre-Christmas partying and house decorating and such. I know of at least one of you who might be spending part of the day packing to go on a Disney trip. Whatever you are doing, hope it's fun!

Hey MeMom - I'm confused (as you didn't start this TR), but happily signing in for this report. You posted on my TR after recognizing my girls from actually seeing us in Epcot, when I hadn't even posted that we had been to that park yet, so I wanted to check out your report. You obviously have a big following! I'm looking forward to hearing more about this trip, and seeing more blurry (or clear, if you must) pictures!

Leslie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter