Out with the Pork Shank, in with the Beef Stew...

I'm bummed that I never did try the Pork Shank. It was always on my list but I never got around to it. I do enjoy stew though so I'd be likely to order this as well. DH is probably also more likely to try the stew.

I also agree with pp that a stew is generally considered "manly" with big chunks of meat and potatoes.

You obviously ain't from the south boy. Beef stew includes potatoes and is served over rice. We like our starches down here in these parts.

Maybe that's why over here (UK) we serve Chilli Con Carne with white rice, but stew is always with potatoes/bread.

Our stew has potatoes and carrots in it. Mushrooms, sometimes. We add cornstarch right in the pot for gravy. I was taught that if a meal had potatoes, then no rice. And vice versa (too much starch = unbalanced meal).

I don't care if you call it soup, stew or chowder it's not the mighty hunter meal that a giant meat hunk is.
Ah I have hunted my whole life and when we setup to eat during the day or when we come in we always have stew over the fire. Always have, be it venison, bear, or elk. Most of the recipes I have squired over the years from hunters are stews too especially bear or venison.

Our stew has potatoes and carrots in it. Mushrooms, sometimes. We add cornstarch right in the pot for gravy. I was taught that if a meal had potatoes, then no rice. And vice versa (too much starch = unbalanced meal).

Same for me. I can't imagine eating potatoes with rice or pasta for that matter.

I'm disappointed about this switch since I haven't had a chance to try the pork and am not at all a fan of stew. Oh well. :(

Growing up we didn't mix carbs either. Stew was served with potatoes, pepper steak with rice and goulash with noodles.

Would love to use a QS credit on beef stew, lafou's brew, and top it off with a cinnamon roll for dessert. But that is wishful thinking...

Highly bummed about the Pork Shank being discontinued. I'm guessing it was a supplier and/or cost issue. Pork prices have gone up considerably over the past couple of years and I'm guessing that to maintain the price point & profit margin it was no longer viable. It was a favorite of our family though. I think in addition to the stew though (which might be pretty good in the cooler months) they should offer the Turkey Leg, as that also screams manly chunk of meat on a stick. :)

From reading the blog, that stew/baguette combo looks pretty substantial. I could definitely see us trying that anytime during the cooler months of the year.

That sounds like literally one of the five foods id least want to eat in the Florida heat

And since we're in a tavern that doesn't serve beer... I guess theming isn't a huge concern.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter