Out with the Pork Shank, in with the Beef Stew...

You obviously ain't from the south boy. Beef stew includes potatoes and is served over rice. We like our starches down here in these parts.

Well, I'm from the deep south and stew has 'never' been served over rice any place that we've eaten it - or at home. It's served with crusty rolls usually. It's a 'stew' with potatoes, not a gumbo!!! I agree we eat rice with lots of dishes - gravy, beans, gumbos, etc. - but 'not' stew!

Also, have zero interest in eating it in the heat of summer -which is 3/4 of the year!!

Interesting regional differences. I've lived all over the country, but have never heard of stew with rice. Crusty bread or cornbread, sure. I agree with the previous poster - gumbo and the like go with rice.

Also, potatoes with rice is perfectly fine if in a curry (garee, massaman,...).

Interesting regional differences. I've lived all over the country, but have never heard of stew with rice. Crusty bread or cornbread, sure. I agree with the previous poster - gumbo and the like go with rice.).

Interesting the things you learn here...I've never heard of stew with rice and quite frankly it doesn't even sound right. We are in the Midwest but you definitely have your stew with cornbread, French bread or at least some bread product lol! Growing up my family always had butter bread with it which is kind of weird too but yummy.

never had stew with rice.....don't think I would want it. Potatoes are enough.
French bread is my choice to go with it.
West coast girl here

I'm from New York and I've seen many stews served over rice at my various lunch spots, but it's usually Oxtail stew served over Cuban spiced rice which definitely won't be served here. My favorite Chinese restaurant serves beef stew over white rice, but I've never tried that as the combo didn't seem quite right.

We are planning a trip for December 2016 and I hope this menu item is still around then as I would really like to try it! The pork shank was not something I ever wanted to eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter