Our Mad Gay Disneyland Wedding Journal - Recaps Start on Pg. 19

Which cake?

• The Pink Center Layer

• The Blue Center Layer

• I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!

Results are only viewable after voting.
ProWed_Portraits_189_LuisMichael-1.jpg

Down by the waterfalls at the Disneyland Hotel.

Such a handsome couple!

Loving all the pictures! I'm with Jenn. How could this possibly be boring?

That was not boring. I don't know you, but I don't know why you thought that that would be boring.

Pictures are intimate, especially if they are family pictures. You hear that eating together makes everybody more social. I think passing around each others' photographs makes everybody more social if the photographs weren't taken for the specific purpose of humiliating the subjects later. Those pictures were lovely.

How could you possibly think that was boring? :confused3

They are beautiful and a pleasure to look at! :thumbsup2

that was just a sampling. We have a lot that look the same with different people. I love all of them though. I never realized that one of the coolest things about getting married would be having awesome pictures of my friends and family.

I'm a little bored.
Any honeymoon shots? ;)
popcorn::

Here's the last batch of wedding photos for y'all.

ProWed_Reception_013_LuisMichael_en.jpg

Shot of us holding hands as we enter the reception hall. I had refused to peek inside because I wanted to be surprised by what the inside looked like. It looked like this.

ProWed_Reception_495_room_details_0.jpg

ProWed_Reception_416_lanterns_detai.jpg

ProWed_Reception_501_lanterns_detai.jpg

ProWed_Reception_502_centerpiece_de.jpg

ProWed_Reception_504_centerpiece_de.jpg

ProWed_Reception_505_centerpiece_de.jpg

ProWed_Reception_511_centerpiece_de.jpg

ProWed_Reception_516_centerpice_det.jpg

It was amazing. The florist had taken our mad tea party idea and run with it. The colors were bright, the arrangements were whimsical and fun. We had tall centerpieces on half the tables and he made each one a different color and each one was unique and amazing. I think my favorite was the orange puffs on the branches.

ProWed_Reception_018_LuisMichael_fi.jpg

Then it was time for the first dance.

ProWed_Reception_060_LuisMichael_fi.jpg

This is the moment when the weight of the day finally hit me and I broke into tears in the middle of the first dance.

ProWed_Reception_072_LuisMichael_so.jpg

I married a very silly man.

ProWed_Reception_120_LuisElisa_most.jpg

Danced with my mommy to the Blue Danube Waltz.

ProWed_Reception_131_MichaelJanye__.jpg

Mike danced to Piano Man by Billy Joel.

ProWed_Reception_144_Michael_Sachie.jpg

My niece danced up a storm that day.

ProWed_Reception_157_Tom_toasts_052.jpg

ProWed_Reception_170_Sandy_toasts_0.jpg

Our best man and best maid gave lovely speeches.

ProWed_Reception_177_Luis_toasts_05.jpg

They made me tear up a little, but I was already a little emotional to begin with.

Then it was time to cut the cake. Is it wrong to point a knife at your husband after having only been married a few hours?
ProWed_Reception_184_LuisMichael_ca.jpg

ProWed_Reception_205_MM_entrance_05.jpg

We had a surprise for our guests before we cut the cake though.

ProWed_Reception_222_LuisMichael_MM.jpg

I don't know if she was trying to kiss me or eat my head.

ProWed_Reception_199_LuisMichael_MM.jpg

Play nice for the pictures.

ProWed_Reception_196_LuisMichael_MM.jpg

But really we were thinking about who would get the rest of the first piece of cake.

ProWed_Reception_257l_MM_dance_0524.jpg

Then it was time for dancing with Mickey and Minnie.

ProWed_Reception_284_LuisMichael_MM.jpg

Mike cut in and started dancing with Minnie. Mickey and I stayed off to the side. This is Mickey showing Mike my newly acquired wedding ring and getting his woman back.

ProWed_Reception_292_MM_Sachielle_d.jpg

Then Mickey and Minnie danced with our guests and took pictures. This was possibly the happiest day of my nieces 3 and a half years so far. She got more face time with Mickey than she's ever had before.

ProWed_Reception_299_Luis_MM_portra.jpg

ProWed_Reception_306_Marcus_Annette.jpg

ProWed_Reception_310_Mike_Patty_Lui.jpg

ProWed_Reception_388_feet_dance_052.jpg

There was much dancing even if it was the middle of the day.

ProWed_Reception_346_Luis_Sachielle.jpg

ProWed_Reception_426_conga_052409.jpg

ProWed_Reception_534_hats_details_0.jpg

Then the conga line broke out.

ProWed_Reception_521_favors_details.jpg

The only thing my mom really was insistent we needed was favors. I don't know why, I guess she loves her candies. Since I have heard stories about how demanding some mothers can be when it comes to weddings, and this was all mine asked for. I didn't fight her on it. We just bought tins, filled them with jelly bellies and stuck a flower on them.

ProWed_Reception_539_tambourine_det.jpg

This is one of the vocalists for the band. She had an amazing voice. During one of the breaks she came over and congratulated us. She was so happy to be there. It turns out that very day was her five year anniversary with her partner, and if she had to work that day she was glad at least she got to spend it at such a fun gay wedding.. We got married the day after our five year anniversary. She dedicated a special song to us. She definitely helped make our day very special.

ProWed_Reception_469_Sachielle_port.jpg

My niece trying on my groom hat given to me by one of our friends at the wedding.

ProWed_Reception_365_Michael_052409.jpg

Michael holding one of the pages our guests made for us using photos from the photobooth. Instead of a guestbook we have a scrapbook filled with silly pictures and wonderful sentiments. I love to look at it.

ProWed_Reception_089_LuisMichael_la.jpg

At some point during the party I threw a flower from under the glass on the cake table at one of my friends. Somehow that devolved into us getting showered with flowers and flower petals during the last dance. It also meant us not getting back our $250 room cleaning fee. It was pretty funny though, and by the end of the party I was so tired there was no way I was going to pick up all those petals off the floor.

Well that brings us to the end of our magical day, thanks for hanging in there!

ProWed_Reception_060_LuisMichael_fi.jpg

This is the moment when the weight of the day finally hit me and I broke into tears in the middle of the first dance.

ProWed_Reception_072_LuisMichael_so.jpg

I married a very silly man.

Luis, they're beautiful!!!!! You both look like you're having a great time, and love each other very much. I'm very happy for you. I'm getting a bit misty-eyed myself.

A silly man is a good thing to have. ::yes::

Thank you again for sharing your day with us.

Once again, congratulations! Best wishes to you both!

I just saw your cake on the wedding boards and followed your PJ link over here. Everything was BEAUTIFUL!!! I love all the bright colors and the floral was amazing. Your cake is also amazing!!

Congrats to you both!! :lovestruc

Ok I just found your PJ and wedding thread...OMG!!! You guys make a wondeful couple and your wedding was just gorgeous!! Everything was just beautiful and I love all the colors! Congratulations!!!

I just saw your cake on the wedding boards and followed your PJ link over here. Everything was BEAUTIFUL!!! I love all the bright colors and the floral was amazing. Your cake is also amazing!!

Congrats to you both!! :lovestruc

Thanks Toni, I've been silently lurking through lots of your plans too! Was bummed to hear about the rain, but was so happy that you didn't let it bother you and you still had a great wadding.

Ok I just found your PJ and wedding thread...OMG!!! You guys make a wondeful couple and your wedding was just gorgeous!! Everything was just beautiful and I love all the colors! Congratulations!!!

Thank you so much. The wedding boards were actually really helpful with ideas, and it's nice to pop in over there since everyone is so nice to each other. I read some wedding boards where people were not nice, and I found myself thinking "some poor sucker is marrying you :lmao:"

I just read through your PJ and all I can say is THANK YOU! Seriously, Thank you so much for posting everything about your wedding. I, myself, am planning a RCG/SBP wedding for Oct. 2010 and your PJ has been an invaluable resource for me and my DF. Your wedding looked absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!!

Luis, I have finally had a chance to look at your beautiful photos. What an incredible couple you two are!

Handsome, of course but the love, and the sense of fun just swirls around you and just flows from the photos.

What a beautiful day for you, an equally beautiful ceremony and memories that will last forever.

Your little niece is gorgeous! I love the flowers, the colors of course, and the tuxedos you both wore. :yes: The intimate photos of you and your husband are my favorites. The unity that they depict is really what it is all about isn't it?

Thank you so much for sharing your incredible photos of your day with us.

And truly, may you both live together in forever growing happiness, forever.

Sorry to be such a late comer to this thread, but I just spent the last hour looking through all the gorgeous pictures and reading your story. That was just incredible. I feel almost silly. I don't know you, but I still got misty-eyed too. I guess I'm just a hopeless (re: pathetic) romantic.

Congratulations. I really enjoyed reading all of your details.

I just read through your PJ and all I can say is THANK YOU! Seriously, Thank you so much for posting everything about your wedding. I, myself, am planning a RCG/SBP wedding for Oct. 2010 and your PJ has been an invaluable resource for me and my DF. Your wedding looked absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!!

Your welcome! We loved everything about our wedding, and October is one of my favorite times in these parts. The weather is usually lovely, and the Halloween decorations are up in the parks which I totally love.

Luis, I have finally had a chance to look at your beautiful photos. What an incredible couple you two are!

Handsome, of course but the love, and the sense of fun just swirls around you and just flows from the photos.

What a beautiful day for you, an equally beautiful ceremony and memories that will last forever.

Your little niece is gorgeous! I love the flowers, the colors of course, and the tuxedos you both wore. :yes: The intimate photos of you and your husband are my favorites. The unity that they depict is really what it is all about isn't it?

Thank you so much for sharing your incredible photos of your day with us.

And truly, may you both live together in forever growing happiness, forever.

Thank you, you make me blush :flower3:

Sorry to be such a late comer to this thread, but I just spent the last hour looking through all the gorgeous pictures and reading your story. That was just incredible. I feel almost silly. I don't know you, but I still got misty-eyed too. I guess I'm just a hopeless (re: pathetic) romantic.

Congratulations. I really enjoyed reading all of your details.

I do the same thing looking through other people's wedding photos. I'm just a big softie in general. I spent Saturday night catching up on Grey's Anatomy since the end of last season, I cried the whole time.

Just finished looking and Luis, really, I'm here in the office, tears streaming down my face...I'm so happy for you both. It is so obvious how inlove you both are and how truly perfect you are, together. Life is amazing, when you spend it with the one for whom you were created to love. :hug:

Just finished looking and Luis, really, I'm here in the office, tears streaming down my face...I'm so happy for you both. It is so obvious how inlove you both are and how truly perfect you are, together. Life is amazing, when you spend it with the one for whom you were created to love. :hug:

Aww, thanks so much :lovestruc

But part of me thinks that at least part of the tears are because you've got wedding on the brain :cloud9:

Wow, just finished reading and looking at all the pics.....and of course drying the misty eyes (wonder what my co-workers think)...lol

Thank you for sharing your day with us...it looked wonderful, and I'm sure the two of you will have fun planning your Anniversary parties now... ;)

Hugs!

Luis:

The photos are so beautiful. All kidding aside: I'm so happy for you and the love that you found. It's precious and rare- cherish it always.

-Rosie

Aww, thanks so much :lovestruc

But part of me thinks that at least part of the tears are because you've got wedding on the brain :cloud9:

I think you are RIGHT! EVERY time I look at yours and Rob's wedding pictures, I cry. You all are so very blessed. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter