Our Mad Gay Disneyland Wedding Journal - Recaps Start on Pg. 19

Which cake?

• The Pink Center Layer

• The Blue Center Layer

• I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!

Results are only viewable after voting.

kingLouiethe1

<font color=red> Banned at Fred Segal's, unpleasan
So I am taking a page out the Wedding section and decided to start a journal of this crazy little endeavor we are going to embark on.

So we'll start from the beginning because it gets more complicated when you start things from the end. We met May 23, 2004 at a bar in Long Beach, CA called the Mineshaft (someday I will open a Victorian tea room and call it The Mineshaft). It was pride weekend so the bar scene was pretty happening.

We met in the smoking patio and it was love at first sight (corny as it may sound, it really was). For the next 3 hours it was like we were the only two people in the world, except for the people that were still trying to pick up on my man despite my having his total attention. Someone went so far as to bring him a drink, he said thanks and turned right back to me. He's definitely the good-looking one ::yes::

HolidayParty07_web.jpg

Flash forward four years to May 23, 2008. We're having a very nice romantic anniversary dinner at the Napa Rose in Disney's Grand Californian Hotel. Our entrees have just been cleared and we're waiting for dessert, he's holding my hand and he slips this ring on my finger

E-ring1_Web.jpg
E-ring2_web.jpg

Then he started to say something about the pharaohs blah blah blah, it all just melded into mush in my mind. I don't remember a thing about dessert, it looked delicious, but I can't remember eating it. I can't recall ever being in such a dazed state.

All I could say was, "you know it's customary to wait for a person to say yes before you put the ring on their finger." He said he knew what my answer was going to be so he didn't have to ask the question.

Ok, so this is a particularly long post so I will end it and continue with more Disneyland wedding details in the very near future. I have so much pent up energy and excitement and this gives me a place to put it all :woohoo:

So we'll start from the beginning because it gets more complicated when you start things from the end.

Take it from me, it's no picnic starting a planning journal from the middle, either! :rotfl2:

Louie, I'm so happy for you! You're a cute couple! And you're BOTH the good looking ones!

You're engagement story is so romantic!

Once again, congratulations.

Rob

Seriously romantic! Looking forward to reading more of the thoughts you wish to share!

Oh another wedding shower for Wally to plan!

Remember West Coast/DisneyLAND themes this time!

Which one of you guys is which? Your both good looking.

And just look Rosie....you have a wedding close enough for you to crash!

(Do you guys like the Chicken Dance?)

Oh another wedding shower for Wally to plan!

Remember West Coast/DisneyLAND themes this time!

Which one of you guys is which? Your both good looking.

And just look Rosie....you have a wedding close enough for you to crash!

(Do you guys like the Chicken Dance?)

Thanks guys :cloud9:

I'm the one in the front, you can't tell but he's about half a foot taller than me, and I don't have the beard anymore. Its too bad too, made me feel muy butch.

I think we will skip the chicken dance, we've never done the chicken dance, we're mexican. We do do a money dance, where everyone dances with the bride and groom and pins money on them, I am looking forward to that :santa:

We also do this thing where everyone holds hands in a chain and then goes around the room, its like a kids game. Its weird but fun!

more details to follow!

BTW, I asked him the next day what he was saying and his line was that the pharaohs started putting rings on the second finger of the left hand because they believed that the vein in that finger went straight to the heart, and that's why we wear our rings there today :love:

Of course! But they'll be respectful and let it be what it needs to be too.

I speak from experience. ;)

I give it till 3:00 PM EST tomorrow to get real tres risque!:happytv:

I think after the scolding from the moderators everyone is sticking to deux risque.

I don't mind the interruptions, its good to keep my ego in check. I think you'll find I'm one of my favorite subjects to talk about, and now back to me:

Well very shortly after the proposal the new fiance and I went into Disneyland to watch the firewoks and it was then that he suggested we have a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding. Having been a Disney freak my whole life I jumped all over the idea. Apparently he said my sister and I had been ogling the DFTW display at the Grand California Hotel, and that sounds like just the sort of thing I would have been doing.

So for our initial planning session we went to the planner and she showed us some of our options, and Disneyland does not have the same amount of options you all have at Disney World. There are two places to have a ceremony, and one of them is closed until some construction work is done, so we got the Rose Garden at the Disneyland Hotel.

CeremonySite1.jpg
CeremonySite2.jpg

Followed by a cocktail reception on the Grand Lawn
DLHGrandLawnpre-reception.jpg

and Finally our reception in the Sleeping Beauty Pavilion
PavilionRoom2_web.jpg
PavilionRoom1.jpg

We fell in love with this room when we saw it. It has high ceilings and long hallway that leads into it. Everything else they showed us looked too much like hotel conference rooms, and it just wasn't what we wanted. The only problem is the room maximum is 120, and we're quickly reaching it. To think we thought we were going to cap it at 60:rotfl:

Before we had even gone to meet with our planner we had already chosen the cake, I loved it when I saw it, and the Fiance went along with it too.
Cakesmall.jpg

Since we are having a Mad Hatter cake we thought it would be fun to run with the Mad Tea Party Theme. We want everything to be bright and fun and want everyone to have a good time.

For centerpieces we are thinking of using Disney Snowglobes along with teapot and teacup flower arrangements.
teapotbouquet.jpg
yellow_teapot.gif

But using brighter colors like this
ranunculus.jpg

That's pretty much where we're at for now. I am waiting for our contract to arrive so that we can get the Disney folk the info for the save the dates. I'm so proud because I already have over half of my addresses compiled.

Yay for Disneyland Weddings!!!!!!! The pavilllion is beautiful! My DF had his heart set on the Grand though so we are celebrating in one of the conference looking rooms as you call them! I like the tea pot center peices. My STD's just went out from Disney. They are printed in Orlando! Isn't that funny? I can't wait to see more of your plans!

NICE! I love the teapots! The Sleeping Beauty room is beautiful. Doesn't come across as a conference room at all.

Will start sending pixie dust for perfect weather for the outdoor portions of your day!

and now back to me:

Where's the Tag Fairy at?? :rotfl:

Great posts!! I cant see most of the photos 'cause I'm at work and all, and the company has whatever site you use blocked, but I cant wait to see them at home!

They're facebook photos. I can't see them either! :(

But from the sounds of things it's going to be fantastic!

I can sympathize with the ever growing guest list. It's difficult to keep it to a reasonable amount. (And just wait until the DIS bunch starts threatening to crash your wedding! That'll give you night terrors! :lmao: )

I also completely agree about not wanting to go into a hotel ballroom, too. That's why we're in the Atlantic Dance Hall.

I love this! It's great to have another perspective on this whole process. I think it's fascinating to see the different choices. Sort of a "what ours COULD have been" if we'd done things differently. Plus the differences caused by Disneyland versus WDW.

It's going to be beautiful!

They're facebook photos. I can't see them either! :(

But from the sounds of things it's going to be fantastic!

Well Darn! I will switch them over to photobucket photos since I had not thought that you would have to be a facebook member to see them, or I also know lots of workplaces block facebook. I don't like it when companies interfere with our god given right to goof-off.

Yay for Disneyland Weddings!!!!!!! The pavilllion is beautiful! My DF had his heart set on the Grand though so we are celebrating in one of the conference looking rooms as you call them! I like the tea pot center peices. My STD's just went out from Disney. They are printed in Orlando! Isn't that funny? I can't wait to see more of your plans!

Ha! I'm sorry I didn't mean to knock the rooms, they are really nice looking, just still boxy. I just felt that a room like that really requires a lot more decoration to get the feel right, the pavilion requires very little.

I know what you mean though, we really like the Grand too, we got engaged at the Napa Rose there, if you've never been you should definitely treat yourself. It's one of the most gorgeous hotels I have ever seen.

So I was thinking of room decorations and I thought it would be cool to use paper lanterns in addition to the draping, and it might look something like this.

PavilionRoom_Decorated.jpg

I like that!

And thanks for switching over the photos! It all looks as good as i thought it would!

:thumbsup2

I think after the scolding from the moderators everyone is sticking to deux risque.

I don't mind the interruptions, its good to keep my ego in check. I think you'll find I'm one of my favorite subjects to talk about, and now back to me:

:rotfl: You Rock!

So jealous another disney wedding being planned! Looks like so much fun.:goodvibes

So I was thinking of room decorations and I thought it would be cool to use paper lanterns in addition to the draping, and it might look something like this.

PavilionRoom_Decorated.jpg

I love your color scheme-the cake, flowers and lanterns! I would never have thought to use such bold colors but it is Fabulous. Will the Mad Hatter be in attendance?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter