Our Mad Gay Disneyland Wedding Journal - Recaps Start on Pg. 19

Which cake?

• The Pink Center Layer

• The Blue Center Layer

• I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Okay I want more pictures - read the 1st 11 pages then skipped:guilty: to the last 2 pages - its like being addicted to a soap opera - they build you up for that Wedding day and BAM gotta wait to Monday- I NEED WEDDING PHOTOS.

Thank you

Sue:goodvibes

I want wedding photos too! I'm waiting for my pro photos to come in, I'm on pins and needles waiting! Our photographer is so great though, and I knew off the bat it was going to take a while, since she does something not very many people do anymore, she shoots film :scared1:

I love film. I would shoot film at work if I could, but most of the things I do these days everyone wants instant turnaround on. I figure I can wait a little while for awesome photos.

In the meantime, I'll show you some photobooth pictures since I just received them on Friday. It's something to tide me over.

The photobooth was such an awesome idea. Everyone had so much fun, and I love the scrapbook we received. It's like a guestbook but way more interesting to look at.

How much fun did everyone have?

1303.jpg

The woman in the black and beige jacket is my mommy! She never smiles in pictures! She smiled the entire day of our wedding, we've never seen her look so radiant and happy in pictures before.

1151.jpg

These are of my and my sis and my adorable niece. She was the "Best Maid" a term we coined for the wedding. She's the best sister a guy could ask for, and she was instrumental in getting my mom to accept that I was gay and that I was in love with this guy, and that we were in it for the long haul, and that she might as well get used to it. Well my mom has come a very long way in a few short years.

1510.jpg

These are my four new brothers with my groom. They're great guys, well 75% of them are.

1586.jpg

And that's us at the end of the reception. We got the last shots in the photobooth.

LOVE the photobooth idea!

And the pictures are awesome! (I peeked at some on your facebook page too)

What a great way to remember everyone who was there.

You and Michael look so happy. That makes me smile.

And I love how you carried over the detail from you invitations to the bottom of the photobooth pix. Very nicely done!

Loved it!! The food looks so good and the dishes adorable!

The photobooth idea has got to be the best one I've seen.

Luis! The photobooth pics look great! It looks like everyone had such a great time! :goodvibes

Thanks everyone! It really was an amazing prop. There was not a moment when the booth was not in use!

And I can't believe I forgot I forgot these two, I'm sure you all will appreciate how cool this is!

1371.jpg

In between pictures they made a big fuss about shuffling around in there, it was very funny to listen to it from the outside.

Thanks everyone! It really was an amazing prop. There was not a moment when the booth was not in use!

And I can't believe I forgot I forgot these two, I'm sure you all will appreciate how cool this is!

1371.jpg

In between pictures they made a big fuss about shuffling around in there, it was very funny to listen to it from the outside.

OMG!

How awesome are the Mickey and Minnie pictures!

That's too cool! :thumbsup2

The photobooth pics are great!

Glad to see Mickey and Minnie had a good time too! They dont get out much!

oh I love, LOVE, LOVE the photo booth photos:love: Totally awesome idea:thumbsup2Thanks for sharign those. I am eagerly awaiting more:rolleyes1

I am so excited to share pictures with all you guys, since you've been here through so much of the process. We had an amazing day, and I'll give you as many details as I can remember, and I'll take it slow, since I am posting as I sort through pictures.

Our Vendors:

- Our photographers Danielle and Suthi from Skye Blu photography were phenomenal. They were so great to work with, and their work is amazing.

- Our flowers were done by Bobbe Vagell floral designs. Bobbe and his partner Todd run the the business together, and they are amazing as well. We gave him a general idea that we wanted whimsical and fun and bright, and he ran with it. His work totally set the tone for our party, and I can't imagine even trying to come close to that on our own.

- Entertainment was provided by Fifth Ave. Music. The band was great. They kept the party going and were just so amazing and friendly.

So anyway, those are some vendors you can look into if you are having a Disneyland wedding. Disneyland weddings are great because at least for now you can bring in outside vendors to do everything, and you save a whole lot instead of letting Disney do everything. The thing is Disneyland doesn't really have all of these services in-house like Disney World does, so all they do is hire vendors, and then hike up the price for you. We got so much more bang for our buck by using our own vendors.

The Story
Well our day started in the Grand Californian hotel. We were supposed to be at the Disneyland hotel, but they lost our reservation for the first night of our stay, doh! Fortunately the Grand Californian is very close by, and they made it up to us, more on that later.

Our ceremony wasn't until 11 so we had time to have breakfast burritos from White Water Snacks, which totally rocked. I don't know how women can go their entire wedding day without eating anything, I was starving all day long, and took every chance I could get to put food in my mouth.

Sometime around 9:30 we walked over to the Disneyland hotel, to the Wonder Tower where our dressing room was.

ProWed_PreCeremony_001_Wonder_05240.jpg

ProWed_PreCeremony_003_Luis_052409.jpg

I was wearing my fancy tuxedo shirt.

ProWed_PreCeremony_005_Sneakers_052.jpg

And my pink hippo shoes. If it were up to me, I was ready to get married right there.

ProWed_PreCeremony_013_Tuxes_052409.jpg

but since it was a special occasion I guess I could put on a real tuxedo.

ProWed_PreCeremony_011_Luis_Michael.jpg

This is us checking out the boutonnieres.

ProWed_PreCeremony_017_Boutonnieres.jpg

Much cooler up close.

ProWed_PreCeremony_044_Luis_Michael.jpg

One of the cooler things about being two guys getting married is spending the morning together and getting dressed together.

ProWed_PreCeremony_036_Michael_Vest.jpg

Love this picture for some reason.

ProWed_PreCeremony_063_Shoes_052409.jpg

We even wore shoes!

ProWed_PreCeremony_072_Micahel_Luis.jpg

Once we were dressed we took a little walk to see how the women were doing. They were getting dressed in the

ProWed_PreCeremony_076_DreamsTower_.jpg

tower.

ProWed_PreCeremony_077_Sachielle_Sa.jpg

I have a wonderful sister, and a beautiful niece.

ProWed_PreCeremony_080_Sachielle_05.jpg

This is what my niece got to carry with her that day, she was in love with it. We're raising a new Disney addict to carry on the line.

ProWed_PreCeremony_083_Annette_Weav.jpg

This is my best friend. She killed something with her car the day before the wedding and then asked the hairstylist to put it on her head.

ProWed_PreCeremony_085_Annette_0524.jpg

It looks pretty good on there right?

ProWed_PreCeremony_087_Angelica_Osc.jpg

ProWed_PreCeremony_088_Marcos_Rigo_.jpg

Our friends weren't content to sit out with all the other guests, They had to come in and be all up in our business.

ProWed_PreCeremony_089_Michael_Tom_.jpg

Time to put on the boutonnieres. Does anyone know how to put these darn things on? I haven't worn once since prom.

ProWed_PreCeremony_091_Eric_Joey_Mi.jpg

Our photographer is a pro at all things wedding related.

ProWed_PreCeremony_103_Luis_052409.jpg

I'm having a Tim Gunn moment with the creations the florist made for the women. No bride, no bouquets!

ProWed_PreCeremony_094_Annette_Make.jpg

Everyone looks good with a little make-up.

ProWed_PreCeremony_106_Luis_MakeUp_.jpg

I need all the help I can get!

ProWed_PreCeremony_133_Gazebo_Fishe.jpg

We were on our way here.

ProWed_PreCeremony_138_PewEnds_0524.jpg

I told the florist I didn't really want to spend too much money on the ceremony site since it was already a beautiful garden with roses in bloom. This is what he came up with. I loved the whole thing.

ProWed_PreCeremony_147_GazeboFront_.jpg

I think we're ready to have a wedding people!

One of the cooler things about being two guys getting married is spending the morning together and getting dressed together.

::yes::

It's such a wonderful "close to you" thing, isn't it.:thumbsup2

Oh, Luis! Everything looks so beautiful! And everyone looks so happy and like they're having fun already.

I'm so happy for you!

Thanks for sharing!

Can't wait to see more!

WOW Louie!
I Love :lovestruc these photos even more than the last batch!
Your wedding looked so cool.
Love all the color.

What a happy Day! :cloud9:

Many more to you and yours. ;)

Awww, thanks for all the kind words guys! I'm so excited to share more photos with you. As soon as I sort the next section I will post, work is just crazy lately.

My partner and I just got engaged at Disneyland and are tossing around the idea of a Fairy Tale Commitment Ceremony. You have no idea how thankful I am I found this forum lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter