Our little thread of BIG Resort changes*OLD THREAD link on last pg. to new thread!

Like the change. The Inn side is closer to the "action"as well. :thumbsup2

I'm the one with selective hearing too. Once DH said "Do you ever LISTEN to me?????" And I blurted out "NO!" Oops. He won't ever let me live that down. :p

~~~~~~

The kiddos and I had a great day at the zoo today, but I'm beat! I think I'll skip cooking tonight and order in Chinese. Mmmmm.....

Maybe I'll catch you all later for happy hour. :drinking1

(My selective hearing buddy's quote got wiped off that last reply. :confused3 I'm too willy-nilly with that darn Ctrl+X. :headache: )

Closer to the action but, alas, no SAB. :sad1: :rolleyes: I might not be able to look over across the lake without crying. :laughing:

Ordering Chinese and partaking in Happy Hour. :thumbsup2 <-- My vote.

I just wanted to say that I love you guys!!! :love:

I know it's a pretty random thought, but I love that we have this group and can confide in each other about things. It's pretty unique. And you guys are all so funny.

I am happy to have been part of this group for the past couple of years.

Cheers! :drinking1

I keep missing quotes because I type too flippin' slow. :headache:

Hi ALL!!

Just a quick pop in, DH and I had a date day today and went to watch DD8 at an out of town track meet...she did so good! Proud Mama and Daddy...:lovestruc!

So on the way home we talk finances, trips and vacations. I tell DH would rather cancel the cruise then move from the Beach Club. And he says no cancelling. And he also says "You know, the Beach Club won't be the same without the lounge."

WHAT!!?? My head is spinning I tell you. Did I create a CL monster???:confused:

Anyway, I will pop back in tonight I promise! And a FB group for us?? I am seriously missing out now. :eek:
HUGS ALL AROUND!!

Jen

Yep, you created a monster. :laughing: Give DD8 a high five from us! (And yes, you, Jeanette and Janet need to get your behinds on FB. :thumbsup2 )

And Miss- we are beer and pizza tonight.... :rotfl:

Yessssss. And in the right order, too. :lmao: I've got so many bombers in the fridge I had to move the food into the veggie bins. :rolleyes1

As much as I would love to eat at Ragland Road, I think it makes the most sense. Maybe we can eat lunch at Ragland Road on the day we leave WDW. It's not 100% certain we're changing it yet. The DH wants to talk about it before I change anything. Then again, we could just do a QS for lunch and then a TS for dinner.

It's very nice, Raglan... but you'll enjoy GF methinks. Besides, the trip is soooo much easier to the GF especially if you're headed to MK. (We didn't actually have a problem getting to DTD last week... just the dreaded trip back. Took forever, as usual. :upsidedow )

I know it's a pretty random thought, but I love that we have this group and can confide in each other about things. It's pretty unique. And you guys are all so funny.

Well said and I totally agree. :hug: :drinking1 :grouphug: (Because I need my many smilies.)

Miss: thanks a lot from DD8!
Here she was in the second lane from the left..and yes that rather tallish '8 year old' :eek: to her right was the girl who won!! I tried to blur the other faces!

Candace : me too!!:love::grouphug::love:

Marie: So nice to see you popping in!!

I had a dream last night DH resigned from his job, he's VERY unhappy there lately....so I am kind of like if this is our last vacation for a bit....where will we be the happiest.....I think I made a good choice! :lovestruc
Poor DS12 has his 6th grade pool party today. The rain cleared BUT it's only in the 60s I think :faint:
Hope the party went well Jeanette!
Hoping things turn around for your husband soon. I totally sympathize. I also have an incredibly miserable husband because of work. It's hard to watch and not be able to help much.

I've only really noticed it at Poly and GF, but :flower3:it's lovely
I'll take a good sniff next time. What does it smell like?

And in other news, our anniversary was last week, 33 years. Dh was on a business trip, so we waited to exchange cards, celebrate. In the meantime, I thought I'd try to order a bottle of wine I know that he really likes.
He's only had it twice, and it's not available here. It's from a small winery in California. I placed the order online, and one of the owners called me to let me know shipping details. Pretty funny when his name popped up on my caller id. We met him a few years ago at a dinner where his wine was featured.
Anyway, the box got here, and I just quietly put it in the rack. Dh finally discovered it last night. So cute, and very sweet! He wondered how I managed to find it. :goodvibes We're going to enjoy it Sunday with our dinner. It was such fun surprising him. :lovestruc
Happy Anniversary Gwynne

I agree. Someone on the September FB group had made this MH for those of us in the FB group to make buttons or bag tags out of, so we can recognize each other in the parks. Well, the MH is the DISboards green and the circle outside is the FB blue. Then someone said, "do we really want to be associated with the negativity on the boards." To which I said something to like "well I don't think the dis is any more negative than any other message board." I wanted to add "not only that, but without the DISboards this group would have never come together."
I've always wondered how to find those facebook pages. When I search nothing comes up. Can you direct me? Or do you know is there one for October?

Yep! They use a fancy little system from Enviroscent. The Poly was so lovely, I'm really hoping they haven't changed it.
That is so cool! The think of everything. I love Disney!

My son graduates next June, so this will be a grad trip/present to him and his DGF, We've promised them for 2 yrs that we would take them to WDW once they graduated. It will be wonderful because my DH has agreed to come with me, and keep me company/ be my partner in this adventure :) So while Andrew and his GF are off doing their thing, at least Allan and I get to be together too :goodvibes
My DH is still at home off work/ and Workers Compensation just kicked in for us. It's so confusing because it's benefits being paid now instead of a salary -- and it's going to take some crazy money management to learn to live according to the benefit schedule. We are kind of down because it's been 3 months since the shooting and still, he doesn't have movement in his pinky finger. He goes to the surgeon again on June 26, so we will see what he has to say then - but so far it's looking like Allan will need more surgery due to the amount of scar tissue and how it's binding his joints.....I just wish this whole thing didn't happen, it's really thrown us for a loop and put a damper on our spirits. All we can do is take one day at a time though, and that's what we are doing.
Thanks for all your love, support and prayers, for all the kind words and for always being here to listen and help me along, no matter the occasion!!! I wish I could talk more and keep up easier, but this thread moves at the speed of lightning, and I am so busy between physio/ OT with DH and work that it's hard to keep up -- I am trying though and I think of you all daily and love each one of you!!!
Marie :hug:
Congrats to your son Marie! And I'm so sorry to hear about your husband. Hope he is back on the mend soon!

Alysa - still trying to get through your PTR, but OMG, you are AMAZING :worship: And big :hug: to all you have been through and are continue to go through. We should chat about the DD's one day, mine also has ADD, combined type ;) And oh the food allergies, they just suck!!! As for the lobby scents, yep each has their own.
Well Steven got tired towards the end of his re-eval today, so one more session on Monday. We have been through this before with him, and with Sarah, so we know the drill. Just happy to be getting it done.
Hi Melissa, thank you! :hug: Trying to decide whether or not to put DD in private school this fall, the public system is not working out like we had hoped. And yes, food allergies SUCK! Poor Stephen, hope Monday goes better and flies by.

Hi ALL!!
Just a quick pop in, DH and I had a date day today and went to watch DD8 at an out of town track meet...she did so good! Proud Mama and Daddy...:lovestruc!
So on the way home we talk finances, trips and vacations. I tell DH would rather cancel the cruise then move from the Beach Club. And he says no cancelling. And he also says "You know, the Beach Club won't be the same without the lounge."
WHAT!!?? My head is spinning I tell you. Did I create a CL monster???:confused:
Anyway, I will pop back in tonight I promise! And a FB group for us?? I am seriously missing out now. :eek:
HUGS ALL AROUND!!
Hi Jen! Congrats to your daughter! So awesome!

Yes! Love the pic, Jen. :cheer2: (Wow, the next lane over looks like she's got my daughter's genes. LOL.)

Let Happy Hour commence! (I'm on round 2 now.)

20130614_184247_zps5472bf5b.jpg

No happy hour here.....Sarah was in the middle of a tantrum and ran up behind me and shoved my lower back. Down for the count....DH wants to take me to the ER, I won't let him. I'm sure it's L4, L5, S1...those discs were herniated in a car accident years ago. Ice and motrin for now. UGH!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

No happy hour here.....Sarah was in the middle of a tantrum and ran up behind me and shoved my lower back. Down for the count....DH wants to take me to the ER, I won't let him. I'm sure it's L4, L5, S1...those discs were herniated in a car accident years ago. Ice and motrin for now. UGH!!!

I'm so sorry! I know what it feels like to have back pain and it is the worst. I hope the ice and medicine help and you feel better soon.

Oh no!!!! I hope you feel better soon!!!! :hug:

Melissa, I am so sorry this happened to your back. Take care, k? :hug:

I heard from a source that I respect that 2014 rates will be out tomorrow! Hope that's true! Then I can really start pricing options! :banana::dance3:

Melissa- take care!

My oldest -now 20- said the other day , you only post about band and Disney. I said, if the red wings hadn't lost I would be posting about them!

I like the Red Wings....but of course my heart is with the Bruins! :) And posting about Disney is just a hobby...a huge hobby...a great big huge hobby!!...:rotfl2:

Babyberger....Ouch...rest, take care!

Okay I am back!:moped:

Melissa I am so sorry that happened to your back. Poor mom. HUGS and I really hope that it is nothing serious. :sad2:

MM 2014 prices eh?? I may have to get serious about our last trip before the AP's expire!!:idea:

Miss: What a sinister lovely looking beer! ;) I think I did create a monster. Now DH expects amazing trips, yet he doesn't worry about the finance part of it. A bit of a hole I have dug myself. :rolleyes1

Alysa: Sorry you are not happy with the public school system. I can see how their teaching methods would not work for every child.:flower3:

It is late now, hopefully a few of you are still around! Just relaxing, was helping DH plant a tree in our backyard.

Jen

Melissa and any other RC moms with special needs children: This is for you, it is a quote from a CM who was responding to a mother of a son with autism who publicly thanked him on her blog. He worked at Jedi Training Academy...

This quote just reminds me of you with your kids, especially tonight:

I am most moved by who you are. A loving mother who will do anything to make sure her son experiences everything that life has to offer. Your commitment and sacrifice every single day is what makes the real difference.

I will post a link to the thread. Here it is, get a tissue.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3126889

Poor you Melissa, feel better!

Okay I am back!:moped:
Melissa I am so sorry that happened to your back. Poor mom. HUGS and I really hope that it is nothing serious. :sad2:
MM 2014 prices eh?? I may have to get serious about our last trip before the AP's expire!!:idea:
Miss: What a sinister lovely looking beer! ;) I think I did create a monster. Now DH expects amazing trips, yet he doesn't worry about the finance part of it. A bit of a hole I have dug myself. :rolleyes1
Alysa: Sorry you are not happy with the public school system. I can see how their teaching methods would not work for every child.:flower3:
It is late now, hopefully a few of you are still around! Just relaxing, was helping DH plant a tree in our backyard.
Jen
Hi Jenny, I don't want to give the impression that I am not happy with the public school system. I love all the kids teachers. Every one has been great and God bless them for all that they do. I am perfectly happy to have Toby stay in the public system. It's just that I think Eveie needs a little more help than they have time to give. Her current teacher even suggested that to me (off the record).

Poor you Melissa, feel better!

Hi Jenny, I don't want to give the impression that I am not happy with the public school system. I love all the kids teachers. Every one has been great and God bless them for all that they do. I am perfectly happy to have Toby stay in the public system. It's just that I think Eveie needs a little more help than they have time to give. Her current teacher even suggested that to me (off the record).

Oh gosh no worries, don't feel you have to explain. That is wonderful that her teacher is so honest with you. As parents it is so difficult to know what is the right thing to do. HUGS!:flower3:

Melissa and any other RC moms with special needs children: This is for you, it is a quote from a CM who was responding to a mother of a son with autism who publicly thanked him on her blog. He worked at Jedi Training Academy...
I am most moved by who you are. A loving mother who will do anything to make sure her son experiences everything that life has to offer. Your commitment and sacrifice every single day is what makes the real difference.

Oh heavens, Jenny! :sad:

Ordering Chinese and partaking in Happy Hour. :thumbsup2 <-- My vote.

Chinese food sounds amazing right now.

I agree with you. It's rare that I go outside this thread.

Of of the guys we play SW:tOR said about the same thing the other day and they accused him of being drunk, which he actually was.

It's very nice, Raglan... but you'll enjoy GF methinks. Besides, the trip is soooo much easier to the GF especially if you're headed to MK. (We didn't actually have a problem getting to DTD last week... just the dreaded trip back. Took forever, as usual. :upsidedow )

Well, as of right now, it's down to the GFC or The Wave. I read on TW's menu that they have mushroom risotto. Have any of y'all been there? Is it anything like Le Cellier's?

I've always wondered how to find those facebook pages. When I search nothing comes up. Can you direct me? Or do you know is there one for October?

I'm sure there is an October one, but I don't have the link. I'm sure someone in the September group has it. I'll PM you the link to the September FB group.

Yes! Love the pic, Jen. :cheer2: (Wow, the next lane over looks like she's got my daughter's genes. LOL.)

Let Happy Hour commence! (I'm on round 2 now.)

20130614_184247_zps5472bf5b.jpg

No happy hour for me. I had to heal an operation in game.

I hope your back is feeling better.

Thanks, I'll go read that.

ETA....Actually I read that earlier on FB. It had me in tears when I read it and again when I told the DH about it. It's CM's like that, who are the reason I want to keep going back to WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter