Our little thread of BIG Resort changes*OLD THREAD link on last pg. to new thread!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by pas130, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Missoutandabout

Missoutandabout DIS Veteran

Yep! They use a fancy little system from Enviroscent. The Poly was so lovely, I'm really hoping they haven't changed it.

Did the appt go well? :hug:

:lmao: What time is dinner? I'll be right over.

:laughing: Your hubby should be very pleased then if it's a permanent scent change. I did ask my hubs when we were walking up the stairs in the lobby if it was just me or if it smelled nice in there for once. ( :duck: Don't hit me, don't hit me. :rotfl2: )

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Willows909

Willows909 Mouseketeer

Gwynne: 33 years for us as well...Happy Anniversary!

Pas130: Hope things work out with your hubby as well...no fun not being happy with your work..makes for long days!

4. Willows909

Willows909 Mouseketeer

Missoutandabout: Glad you got home safe and sound...weather is crazy in New England...finally a sunny day today after what seems like too many rainy days...

Mousemommy1: sound like great dates..just a bit longer wait, but of course there could be many, many changes between now and then!!:)

5. gwynne

gwynne Be always blooming

Hi Willow,
    Thank you! Congratulations to you, too!! :goodvibes

6. Missoutandabout

Awww, happy belated anniversary to you and yours, Ginny! :hug: That's funny he found it whilst snooping in the wine rack. :thumbsup2 You're such an excellent planner, ya know?

Speaking of, I need to go and find the F&W info you've mentioned. :goodvibes

Ooooh, I'd definitely go with the second plan. Have you done BC CL before? I think the food offerings at AKL sound much more exciting than what they offer at BC (not that I've done AKL-CL but I certainly wouldn't mind!) All that said, we adore BC -- just not CL; it's really our favorite resort. (The CL staff is great just a bit "meh" on the food.)

7. letthewookiewin

letthewookiewin <font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull

I talked to the DH about it last night and he doesn't want to do the WL idea. Since we've stayed there, he knows what the walk from the bus to the boat is like and it is further than he wants to walk before heading into a park. Now he's thinking about canceling the Ragland Road ADR. We've never been into the GF and it is the one resort he's always wanted to stay at. We're thinking about changing it to lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe. If we did that, as soon as we checked in, we would take the bus to the MK, and then either take the monorail or boat to the GF. Silly me, here I thought all of our changing around with this trip was done.:lmao:

I actually suggested that to him, but he had the same problem with this that he had with the WL. "Too much un-necessary walking right before we get to a park where we will be doing a lot of walking."

I even waited an hour after he said he would "call me right back" before starting the test. The part I hate, is that I still had an hour in the quiz. I just wasn't paying attention and clicked the wrong button.

I agree. Someone on the September FB group had made this MH for those of us in the FB group to make buttons or bag tags out of, so we can recognize each other in the parks. Well, the MH is the DISboards green and the circle outside is the FB blue. Then someone said, "do we really want to be associated with the negativity on the boards." To which I said something to like "well I don't think the dis is any more negative than any other message board." I wanted to add "not only that, but without the DISboards this group would have never come together."

:wave2:

awww, how sweet!! I had a Cocker growing up. We named her Lady since she looked just like Lady from Lady and the Tramp.

I hope all goes well.

I'm glad the knee is coming along so well. Any chance we'll be getting fur-baby pictures any time soon?

We have conversations like that with the fil on a daily basis.

If you were in the DFW area, I would come and help you sort the uniforms. I know this will sound strange, but I really miss doing that.

I think we need to have a new RC rule. If you talk about food you are cooking/going to cook/or cooked you must post the recipe. :lmao:

Happy late anniversary!! I'm glad you were able to surprise him like that and that he was so happy about it. What kind of wine is it?

I think the change makes sense, especially since you are not doing any parks. You will really be able to enjoy the savanna view and animal watching. If it's in the budget, I really think it's a good split.

8. Missoutandabout

I second the GF Cafe idea. :thumbsup2 The burger was yumm-o. I can't wait to hear what you think of AKL. It's been added to our list, for sure. Actually, oddly enough, the hubster KEEPS talking about how he'd like to go back there and could see us going back just to stay there and not go to any parks. :faint:

I also second the RC rule. :lmao:

9. chimo2u

chimo2u DIS Veteran

WOW! I didn't realize we where into a new thread already! I've been missing you all, but still reading along. I just haven't had much to input as we don't have a current trip planned, but I sure wish we did-- I am missing the world something awful, it seems like it will be forever before Jan/Feb 2015 arrives -- I'm actually also thinking of perhaps moving those dates up to late Oct/early Nov 2014 - I don't know which one would be more crowd-friendly.?
    My son graduates next June, so this will be a grad trip/present to him and his DGF, We've promised them for 2 yrs that we would take them to WDW once they graduated. It will be wonderful because my DH has agreed to come with me, and keep me company/ be my partner in this adventure :) So while Andrew and his GF are off doing their thing, at least Allan and I get to be together too :goodvibes

I am thinking it will be BWI Deluxe CL room for us if I can swing it. I'd love Kidani 1BDRM suite with Deluxe ddp, but that is really just tooooo much food!!! I love the regular DDP with Club level, and pretty much have that down pat for our dining needs. I'll see what the pricing is and go from there.

My DH is still at home off work/ and Workers Compensation just kicked in for us. It's so confusing because it's benefits being paid now instead of a salary -- and it's going to take some crazy money management to learn to live according to the benefit schedule. We are kind of down because it's been 3 months since the shooting and still, he doesn't have movement in his pinky finger. He goes to the surgeon again on June 26, so we will see what he has to say then - but so far it's looking like Allan will need more surgery due to the amount of scar tissue and how it's binding his joints.....I just wish this whole thing didn't happen, it's really thrown us for a loop and put a damper on our spirits. All we can do is take one day at a time though, and that's what we are doing.

Thanks for all your love, support and prayers, for all the kind words and for always being here to listen and help me along, no matter the occasion!!! I wish I could talk more and keep up easier, but this thread moves at the speed of lightning, and I am so busy between physio/ OT with DH and work that it's hard to keep up -- I am trying though and I think of you all daily and love each one of you!!!
    Marie :hug:

10. gwynne

gwynne Be always blooming

Hi Miss-Thank you! It's good to be married to my best friend. :goodvibes
    Here's the link to what's out now about F&W. I'm sure more will follow. I love this time of year as information comes out. :banana:
    http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...od-wine-festival-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Hi Wookie,
    I love your idea of sharing recipes!:thumbsup2

Thank you for your sweet anniversary greeting. :goodvibes

About the wine, it's from Frias, their Red Blend. It's a very special treat.

Hi Marie, Hugs to you! :hug: It was so good to hear from you. I will continue to keep your family in my prayers. I hope the surgery is helpful as your dh continues on the road to healing.

I love hearing about your trip planning. Oct/Nov 2014 means you'd be there during Food and Wine, lots of fun, good food, concerts.
    I think the BWI Deluxe rooms would be a good choice. Whatever you decide, you all will have a wonderful time. What a lovely graduation gift! :goodvibes

11. i_heart_the_mouse

i_heart_the_mouse DIS Veteran

What a little sweetie. :cutie:

Like the change. The Inn side is closer to the "action"as well. :thumbsup2

I'm the one with selective hearing too. Once DH said "Do you ever LISTEN to me?????" And I blurted out "NO!" Oops. He won't ever let me live that down. :p

There should be deals. :thumbsup2 Plus you may get F&W, MNSSHP or MVMCP depending on dates! :cool1: And better weather! :goodvibes

I like the idea. :thumbsup2 And Happy Anniversary!

What a cute story. I love hearing about nice long, happy marriages ::yes:: Congrats!

Are we ever done changing? :upsidedow I like this change. Although I don't love going to DTD much anyway so take that with a grain of salt. :goodvibes

:grouphug:

Thanks for this. Off to check it out now! :surfweb:

~~~~~~

The kiddos and I had a great day at the zoo today, but I'm beat! I think I'll skip cooking tonight and order in Chinese. Mmmmm.....

Maybe I'll catch you all later for happy hour. :drinking1

12. Willows909

Willows909 Mouseketeer

I did it! I changed resorts again! BC garden view, July 5-8..Animal Kingdom standard room/CL...July 8 -12th!!:rotfl: But this is it!! No really, I mean it this time!!:rotfl2:

Originally Posted by babyberger View Post
    I really love our little corner of the Dis It is so nice to know that there are people out there that understand our crazy over planning, ever changing, Disney obsessions

Melissa
    Yup, I totally get it!:)

Missoutandabout...Never have done either resort...or club level for that matter...what a splurge this trip will be! May have to cancel September's....but I'm okay with that!

babyberger...hope Steven's appointment went well..and I want to eat at your house!!:)

chimo2u...I am new here, so I don't know your story...but I will keep you and yours in my prayers...prayers: powerful stuff!:)

13. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

Jeanette Hope DH can find a job that he might be happier in.

DS may be a tad chilly tonight for sure brrrrrrrrr

Marie sorry to hear DH is not yet having movement sending prayers :hug:

Good luck adjusting to WC schedule

14. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

I literally just closed the window I was typing my reply in :headache: Starting over.....

SueM - glad to hear the stitches are coming out next week and that Puppy Sophie is making herself comfortable at home :goodvibes

Cynthia - ugh, sorry about the band headaches, now I understand all the FB posts. Glad you are there to keep fighting for those kids :thumbsup2

Alysa - still trying to get through your PTR, but OMG, you are AMAZING :worship: And big :hug: to all you have been through and are continue to go through. We should chat about the DD's one day, mine also has ADD, combined type ;) And oh the food allergies, they just suck!!! As for the lobby scents, yep each has their own.

Jeanette - oh your girls, so heartfelt, but they are right....GF is where Sarah would want you to be :hug: Sorry DH is so unhappy, I totally understand that, DH says every morning how he doesn't want to go to work and comes home every night saying how much he hates the brokers :sad2:

Janet - according to Jeanette, it seems like you deserve a big :thanks: for our new board! I hope all is well up there, I'll text you this weekend to check in :goodvibes

Miss - yeah I am shocked Sarah sleeps on the day beds at WDW since she cant contain herself in her double at home. I didnt look at the villas at BW, but I know at BLT the studio is smaller than a standard room at CR, so it was never an option for us. And yeah, triple OT, seriously :faint: Hmmm, GF smell is now BC/YC smell :confused: DH hated the GF scent, but didnt mind BC or YC, he LOVED the CR scent and actually asked for the name of it, he has it in his phone somewhere. I keep reading more of your posts and adding to this lol! I think I have an email somewhere with a whole bunch of the F&W events.....I'll let you know when I find it (oh it may the same as the link Ginny posted, lol)

Shelia - Jeanette's girls brought tears to my eyes as well :hug: How is everything with you?

Ginny - Glad you got the RC done and all the ADR's sorted out :woohoo: And Happy Belated Anniversary :goodvibes Love the wine surprise, how sweet :love:

Wookie - you know your changing is never really done ;) My pork recipe is like the pot roast one I posted on the website a while ago, I dont measure anything :lmao: But I will get it up on my blog eventually and post the link.

Marie - I wish it were better news for Allan or even better yet, like you said the whole thing never happened :sad2: But you and your family are always in my thoughts :hug: I really do love the Oct/Nov for Disney, although Jan/Feb would be less expensive. Our money went a lot further in Feb than it did in Oct and Dec.

i_heart - glad you had fun at the zoo. Chinese sounds good, YUM!!! I miss being able to order in :( You may have to twist my arm for happy hour :rotfl2:

Willows909 - congrats on the change! Oh and those famous last words...yeah, we don't believe you...:rotfl:

Well Steven got tired towards the end of his re-eval today, so one more session on Monday. We have been through this before with him, and with Sarah, so we know the drill. Just happy to be getting it done.

Off to start the potatoes and baste the pork...smells so good :duck:

Melissa

15. babyberger

babyberger DIS Veteran

16. Willows909

Willows909 Mouseketeer

Willows909 - congrats on the change! Oh and those famous last words...yeah, we don't believe you..

:rotfl2::rotfl2: I don't either!

And stop torturing me with the pork!!!:lmao:

17. Willows909

Willows909 Mouseketeer

Thank you for the FB link...

18. jennyjinx3

jennyjinx3 DIS Veteran

Hi ALL!!

Just a quick pop in, DH and I had a date day today and went to watch DD8 at an out of town track meet...she did so good! Proud Mama and Daddy...:lovestruc!

So on the way home we talk finances, trips and vacations. I tell DH would rather cancel the cruise then move from the Beach Club. And he says no cancelling. And he also says "You know, the Beach Club won't be the same without the lounge."

WHAT!!?? My head is spinning I tell you. Did I create a CL monster???:confused:

Anyway, I will pop back in tonight I promise! And a FB group for us?? I am seriously missing out now. :eek:
    HUGS ALL AROUND!!

Jen

19. Missoutandabout

Marie: Always thinking about you guys and sending you positive vibes. :hug:

I love that split. Seriously. I'd do that very same split in a heartbeat. :lovestruc Don't chaaaaange! :laughing:

Sheila: Oh, I was peeking in the AKL thread and someone linked to the resort map. Wanted to show you where on the map our standard view was...

[​IMG]

Our room was located right at the top of the map on the right side facing the inside of that little V shape. There's a water trough located there and the animals visited it throughout the day (along with visits from the wardens periodically). All in all, we were able to see the giraffe several times a day along with the crowned cranes, zebras, river hogs, gazelle, waterbuck and something else I'm forgetting. I guess it's considered standard due to the stairwells and the chain-link fence way off in the back. I'll take it! :worship: Was super-quiet except for the herd of elephants staying in the room above us on the 5th floor. :rotfl:

You're killin' me. Just burgers and beer on the menu for us tonight. :rolleyes1

20. Mousemommy1

Mousemommy1 DIS Veteran

Sounds like my DH! I don't know how I could possibly book without CL. Well, I can...but he will constantly hound me to upgrade until I finally give in. :upsidedow

And Miss- we are beer and pizza tonight.... :rotfl:

21. letthewookiewin

letthewookiewin <font color=blue>"That's 'cause droids don't pull

As much as I would love to eat at Ragland Road, I think it makes the most sense. Maybe we can eat lunch at Ragland Road on the day we leave WDW. It's not 100% certain we're changing it yet. The DH wants to talk about it before I change anything. Then again, we could just do a QS for lunch and then a TS for dinner.

When it comes down to it, taking care of that hero of your, is way more important. Y'all have actually been in my thought a lot lately. I found this tv show and the DH and oldest DS and I have been catching up to the current episode. It's called Continuum and so much of it takes place in a Canadian police department. I will keep y'all in our prayers. :hug:

I'll have to look into it. The inlaws really got me into loving wine. I prefer to stick to the sweeter wines, like moscatos and rieslings.

I guess we are never truly done changing, well maybe after we've gone on the trip we are. We really don't do DtD either. We don't go down there to just shop or even go to DQ. Pretty much the only time we go down there during a trip is to eat. Well this last time, the night before we checked into the Pop, we did go to DtD to see MIB III. I'm just thinking that since the goal is to spend more time in the MK, it makes no sense to travel all the way to DtD just to eat. Hmmmm, I'll have to start looking at dinner options maybe. Just to give the DH more options.

mmmmhmmm That's exactly what I said when I changed our ressie to the BC GV. I was like, "The DS are in love with SAB and there is no way I'm changing resort." Then the FD promo came out and the BC GV wasn't on the offer and the DH refuse to upgrade our room at the BC.

I am the same way with the lasagna recipe I have. Well it's really the spaghetti sauce for the lasagna. Which is what I am thinking about making the DH for Father's Day on Sunday. He loves it so much, but I just don't make it often enough. Mainly because the way I make it, we'll have enough spaghetti sauce left over to almost eat it for a week.